Has seduction been replaced with something else?

Aware

Don Juan
Reaction score
I finally had some time to read Greene's "The Art of Seduction". It struct me that the methods described there are in many cases vastly different than PUA and similiar modern methods.

What is talked about here and on smiliar sites revolves mostly around acting very dominant, allowing no compromises, being concerned mostly about oneself and being overtly sexual rather than covertly seductive.

However the art of seduction is said to be timeless. We humans haven't really changed that much in terms of emotional responses, have we?

I'm starting to think that this is why many relationships don't last long these days. Seducers mostly are gone, replaced with alpha takers and ignorant beta nice guys. We focus too much on increasing arousal and capitalizing on it immedietly, rather than stirring up long lasting infatuation.

Perhaps that's because the modern society of consumers seems to be worshipping quantity rathern than quality.
Or because we become filled more and more with insecurities, our egos growing larger, making us unable to play the lighthearted game, focusing too much on results, validation and notch counts.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
I read Greene's "The Art of Seduction" a few years ago. He uses several historical examples and true story's to illustrate his points. However, it is so complex that you would have to elevate a woman to ridiculous levels to pull off these seductions.

Dedicating your life to being one woman's "best option" is a rather pathetic life goal. If you decide to go the extra mile to really "seduce" a modern woman... I would ask the question: For what purpose? What do you believe you will get out of it? How is it different from being an appeasing beta?

The human emotional response has not really changed in the sense that people always do what they believe is good for them. Deep connections don't form as easily these days because society is more fragmented and individualistic than it used to be. Women don't need to be "seduced" anymore because they have enough social media, selfies and betas to keep them from getting bored giving them constant validation. Society does everything in its power to elevate the self-esteem of women. Thus, taking away the impact of a "seductive" man. A seductive man who is still low value at the end of the day doesn't mean much to a modern woman.

In Greene's book he points out how seduction is basically your ability to fill a void in another persons life. He also points out how a happy or content person is almost impossible to seduce. Therefore, to seduce a woman she must be unhappy and you must have the ability to ease the cause of her unhappiness (fill the void). You must also maintain this ability. Once the source of her unhappiness is eliminated (void filled) or your ability to ease her frustration declines.. she will lose interest.

Modern women are more concerned with money, status, "excitement" and power. You know.. things that are "challenging to get". These are the new "voids" they need men to fill for them. They respect only alphas and high level betas. All other men are creeps, pawns and losers. The man carrying flowers in 2015 looks like a total joke. Why? Because flowers will not fill the "void" of a modern woman. In her mind.. what man of power and abundance would have to lower himself to such a recycled, unoriginal, and desperate level? Only a beta pawn would. And so there is no respect for that man.

Scarcity creates value. All "voids" are caused by a perceived scarcity in a woman's life. So flowers are seductive in 1920 because they show you "care" thus filling that "void" that comes from a woman's fear of abandonment.. since women were highly co-dependent in the 1920's. Flowers make you look like a chump in 2015 because they do nothing to fill a woman's "void" since just about ALL men "care" now. :crackup:

In fact... once you copy another man's well known.. seduction technique.. you immediately expose yourself as a clueless beta who has no confidence. Once a void is filled by Elvis, Tom Cruise or Ryan Gosling.. it is no longer a void.. and so any copycat beta who tries it will look like a phony. He will be considered pawn status at best, creep at worst.

Beta pawns still get laid and married. They are the last branch a woman grabs before hitting the ground. They are useful after all. Just not attractive, no matter how much they "seduce" her.

Aware

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
Dedicating your life to being one woman's "best option" is a rather pathetic life goal. If you decide to go the extra mile to really "seduce" a modern woman... I would ask the question: For what purpose? What do you believe you will get out of it? How is it different from being an appeasing beta?
People get off on various things - sex, power (being worshipped by others), the Game (their ability to overcome resistances and seduce anyone), empathy (the emotions they stirr up in others). All of these can be gained with seduction and you don't even have to focus on a single target.

I get your point. You are saying that what is "the void" to fill has changed over time and now it's clearly not affection, because there's a steady supply of it by desperate betas.
In the same manner, the PUA community preaches that sex should be the end goal, because that's what most men are lacking in their lives these days.

LMFAO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
Scarcity creates value. All "voids" are caused by a perceived scarcity in a woman's life. So flowers are seductive in 1920 because they show you "care" thus filling that "void" that comes from a woman's fear of abandonment.. since women were highly co-dependent in the 1920's. Flowers make you look like a chump in 2015 because they do nothing to fill a woman's "void" since just about ALL men "care" now. :crackup:

In fact... once you copy another man's well known.. seduction technique.. you immediately expose yourself as a clueless beta who has no confidence. Once a void is filled by Elvis, Tom Cruise or Ryan Gosling.. it is no longer a void.. and so any copycat beta who tries it will look like a phony. He will be considered pawn status at best, creep at worst.
This reminds me of the time I sent an ex girlfriend flowers. She told me she was surprised and thought it was another guy who sent it to her. :crackup: (probably some beta from months before).

Aware said:
the PUA community preaches that sex should be the end goal, because that's what most men are lacking in their lives these days.
No it doesn't. The PUAs say that you should get her to invest in a relationship. Neither RSD or Corey Wayne view sex as an end goal, but as a means to get a relationship if you're looking for one. If you read Corey Wayne's book he clearly states that if you're just looking for sex you should get a wh0re.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Poon King said:
I read Greene's "The Art of Seduction" a few years ago. He uses several historical examples and true story's to illustrate his points. However, it is so complex that you would have to elevate a woman to ridiculous levels to pull off these seductions.

The human emotional response has not really changed in the sense that people always do what they believe is good for them. Deep connections don't form as easily these days because society is more fragmented and individualistic than it used to be. Women don't need to be "seduced" anymore because they have enough social media, selfies and betas to keep them from getting bored giving them constant validation. Society does everything in its power to elevate the self-esteem of women. Thus, taking away the impact of a "seductive" man. A seductive man who is still low value at the end of the day doesn't mean much to a modern woman.

In Greene's book he points out how seduction is basically your ability to fill a void in another persons life. He also points out how a happy or content person is almost impossible to seduce. Therefore, to seduce a woman she must be unhappy and you must have the ability to ease the cause of her unhappiness (fill the void). You must also maintain this ability. Once the source of her unhappiness is eliminated (void filled) or your ability to ease her frustration declines.. she will lose interest.

Modern women are more concerned with money, status, "excitement" and power. You know.. things that are "challenging to get". These are the new "voids" they need men to fill for them. They respect only alphas and high level betas. All other men are creeps, pawns and losers. The man carrying flowers in 2015 looks like a total joke. Why? Because flowers will not fill the "void" of a modern woman. In her mind.. what man of power and abundance would have to lower himself to such a recycled, unoriginal, and desperate level? Only a beta pawn would. And so there is no respect for that man.

Beta pawns still get laid and married. They are the last branch a woman grabs before hitting the ground. They are useful after all. Just not attractive, no matter how much they "seduce" her.
This guy has a PhD or something, all his posts are ridiculously good.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:

another excellent post

however i do have a Question poon king .......

where do physical looks fit into all that ?

i mean yea i can see the physiological side of it no problem

but i just can't get my head around the fact a woman can virtually ignore her biological lust for a good looking guy just because he is a BETA

surely she would want to find the best looking mate to reproduce with.....:crazy:

( i know this isn't the case but id like to hear peoples thoughts on why)

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Bingo-Player said:
another excellent post

however i do have a Question poon king .......

where do physical looks fit into all that ?

i mean yea i can see the physiological side of it no problem

but i just can't get my head around the fact a woman can virtually ignore her biological lust for a good looking guy just because he is a BETA

surely she would want to find the best looking mate to reproduce with.....:crazy:

( i know this isn't the case but id like to hear peoples thoughts on why)
You're right about looks. This is why some women f*ck the cable guy and tell their beta provider husband the kids are his.

Women will always be open to f*cking good looking men.. beta or not. Like I said at the end of the last post... women date, f*ck and marry betas all the time. Betas are never a woman's first choice.. but in the end.. women are limited to what is available. A woman can find a man physically attractive because of his looks.. while having no respect for him because of his beta status/personality.

If no alphas are available to a woman.. what will she do? She will go with the best looking beta she can find.. OR the most successful/high status beta she can find.

The shortage of alphas in the world is the main reason so many men still buy into the blue pill. They see so many betas dating and f*cking attractive women. What they don't realize is those betas are viewed by their women as disposable pawns to be used until no longer useful. The woman is not "seduced" by him. She is using him for his sperm, money, attention, etc. Then she will walk away when its convenient with no guilt. Similar to quitting a job that doesn't pay you enough. :crackup:

Peña

Banned
Reaction score
Poon King said:

Tom Brady, George Clooney, Brad Pitt is beta pawns?

Leif_Johnson

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:

Another guy who's wearing the tin foil hat. I've never seen a guy with such low self esteem who feels inferior towards women. What's up with that? Don't you have any value or self esteem? Why do you always want to put a woman higher than you? I've never seen anything like it.

Always giving women high power in your mind that they don't have. Always frightened about how you will be perceived by women. I would sure hate living each day of my life afraid of what women think about me if I do X, Y or Z. That is pathetic. Who gives a sh1t what a woman thinks about you. No real man cares about any of this. Men will give a woman a small gesture of gratitude for appreciation if he wants. Any sane woman would be appreciative of that act. Women are humans that feel emotions and would be happy to receive it. Will that make a man a beta? Of course not, but only in your inferior mind it will. I have to laugh at crap like this. You can just see the fear coming out of this stuff. :crackup:

JohnyTheArrow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
The shortage of alphas in the world is the main reason so many men still buy into the blue pill. They see so many betas dating and f*cking attractive women. What they don't realize is those betas are viewed by their women as disposable pawns to be used until no longer useful. The woman is not "seduced" by him. She is using him for his sperm, money, attention, etc. Then she will walk away when its convenient with no guilt. Similar to quitting a job that doesn't pay you enough. :crackup:
True ... if you dont seduce a woman ( she is not getting obssessed and crazy about you ) you are a 'logical choice' and women arent logical they are emotional.So betas think they win but in fact they are totally disposable, thats why they are so shocked when "their woman" after many years simply walks out of marriage in one day.They think they are the **** when in fact they are nothing special.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Leif_Johnson said:
Another guy who's wearing the tin foil hat. I've never seen a guy with such low self esteem who feels inferior towards women. What's up with that? Don't you have any value or self esteem? Why do you always want to put a woman higher than you? I've never seen anything like it.

Always giving women high power in your mind that they don't have. Always frightened about how you will be perceived by women. I would sure hate living each day of my life afraid of what women think about me if I do X, Y or Z. That is pathetic. Who gives a sh1t what a woman thinks about you. No real man cares about any of this. Men will give a woman a small gesture of gratitude for appreciation if he wants. Any sane woman would be appreciative of that act. Women are humans that feel emotions and would be happy to receive it. Will that make a man a beta? Of course not, but only in your inferior mind it will. I have to laugh at crap like this. You can just see the fear coming out of this stuff. :crackup:
Pure projection here. You are the one who feels inferior. Which is why my posts bring out the feelz in your beta brain.

Your beta anger proves your beta status.

If you are "so happy and secure".. while I am "so unhappy and insecure" then why do all my posts make YOU so angry, flustered, and annoyed? Clearly my posts regularly strike a nerve in your beta brain.

A wise man once said.. people don't do what they do because of you.. they do what they do because of themselves. What this means is my posts bring out your inner demons. Your anger has nothing to do with me and everything to do with your own personal issues.

Work on yourself bro. :up:

Leif_Johnson

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
I'm sure you would feel that way since you have no clue how to seduce a woman. You write self loathing threads insulting men for choosing a woman calling them pathetic. Now that is pathetic.

Every seduction artist loves women. It is a game for them just like another man's hobby. Beautiful women will fall for you surrendering their minds and bodies on a silver platter. Those women will give that man what he wants. Women will do what YOU want and will dance to your tune. Having sex is one thing, completely having a woman wrapped around your finger is another. You will get gratifying pleasure knowing you can manipulate a woman's thought process. She will do things for you that she will do for no other man. If you think that is beta or pathetic there must be something really wrong with you.

No need to copy anybody else in the game of seduction. All you need is your own experience and the woman you choose to seduce. A real man is a challenge and still can seduce women, Seduction artists, con artists, and alphas always choose who/what they want. They don't let women/desires/objects come to them.

You have no clue what it means to be alpha. An alpha will have tons of women throwing themselves at you. An alpha can choose and reject what women he wants. Same as with a beautiful woman. Betas do nothing for a woman, the alpha does do something for her. Women are drawn to alphas and treat them totally different than the betas. You have no actual experience with this, only self loathing.

The major trait of the beta male is fearing how others perceive them especially women. Alphas don't worry and fear the rejection of women. Alphas don't fear women viewing himself as a pawn for how he behaves. Alphas are confident men that lead any situation. I know many happily married men that I know through my business ventures. Their wives do not view them as pawns and these men are powerful men who are not betas. They are confident men comfortable in their own skin enjoying life and proud of their families.

Do you view your own father as a beta pawn when/if he got married to your mother?

Any alpha man would want to seduce beautiful women enjoying them instead of writing threads designed to feel sorry for yourself. Alphas go out and conquer especially women. Betas sit back making excuses for life and obtaining women. Envious betas call successful men pathetic because betas envy these men wishing they were them. True successful men do not have this awful mind set when they are truly happy getting what they want.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Leif_Johnson said:
I'm sure you would feel that way since you have no clue how to seduce a woman. You write self loathing threads insulting men for choosing a woman calling them pathetic. Now that is pathetic.

Every seduction artist loves women. It is a game for them just like another man's hobby. Beautiful women will fall for you surrendering their minds and bodies on a silver platter. Those women will give that man what he wants. Women will do what YOU want and will dance to your tune. Having sex is one thing, completely having a woman wrapped around your finger is another. You will get gratifying pleasure knowing you can manipulate a woman's thought process. She will do things for you that she will do for no other man. If you think that is beta or pathetic there must be something really wrong with you.

No need to copy anybody else in the game of seduction. All you need is your own experience and the woman you choose to seduce. A real man is a challenge and still can seduce women, Seduction artists, con artists, and alphas always choose who/what they want. They don't let women/desires/objects come to them.

You have no clue what it means to be alpha. An alpha will have tons of women throwing themselves at you. An alpha can choose and reject what women he wants. Same as with a beautiful woman. Betas do nothing for a woman, the alpha does do something for her. Women are drawn to alphas and treat them totally different than the betas. You have no actual experience with this, only self loathing.

The major trait of the beta male is fearing how others perceive them especially women. Alphas don't worry and fear the rejection of women. Alphas don't fear women viewing himself as a pawn for how he behaves. Alphas are confident men that lead any situation. I know many happily married men that I know through my business ventures. Their wives do not view them as pawns and these men are powerful men who are not betas. They are confident men comfortable in their own skin enjoying life and proud of their families.

Do you view your own father as a beta pawn when/if he got married to your mother?

Any alpha man would want to seduce beautiful women enjoying them instead of writing threads designed to feel sorry for yourself. Alphas go out and conquer especially women. Betas sit back making excuses for life and obtaining women. Envious betas call successful men pathetic because betas envy these men wishing they were them. True successful men do not have this awful mind set when they are truly happy getting what they want.
Incorrect.

You are an obvious white knight blue piller... captain save-a-hoe. Weak arguments and weak thinking here. Beta anger and ranting. Pathetic. :crackup:

You are the "anti-alpha" if I ever saw it. The most extreme version of beta since Pee-Wee. You bleed estrogen. You have no idea what it means to be a man.. let alone an alpha male.

Leif_Johnson

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
Incorrect.

You are an obvious white knight blue piller... captain save-a-hoe. Weak arguments and weak thinking here. Beta anger and ranting. Pathetic. :crackup:

You are the "anti-alpha" if I ever saw it. The most extreme version of beta since Pee-Wee. You bleed estrogen. You have no idea what it means to be a man.. let alone an alpha male.
It seems you have the color of pills mixed up. You can't even counter what I said with a decent statement. Only insults. You are a Buffoon.

I'm talking about going out and choosing beautiful women to seduce and conquer like an alpha does.

You are talking about being viewed as a pawn afraid to seduce beautiful women fearing what they think of you..

Can't get anymore weak. pathetic, and beta than that.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Leif_Johnson said:
It seems you have the color of pills mixed up. You can't even counter what I said with a decent statement. Only insults. You are a Buffoon.

I'm talking about going out and choosing beautiful women to seduce and conquer like an alpha does.

You are talking about being viewed as a pawn afraid to seduce beautiful women fearing what they think of you..

Can't get anymore weak. pathetic, and beta than that.
There is no counter argument because you're a lying troll. You are twisting my words and claiming I made points that I never mad. So either you have a reading comprehension problem, need glasses or you're just a troll. Maybe all three.

Keep the estrogen flowing with your posts whining about my threads. Very "alpha" of you. :crackup:

Beta losers like you are INDEED "pawns" for women. When I talk about pawns I'm not talking about myself. I'm talking about you.

Leif_Johnson

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poon King said:
You are twisting my words and claiming I made points that I never mad.
You are right. You are mad like a beta. You're projectng and lying. You said alpha men who seduce beautiful women are pawns. That is bullsh!t. Any man in their right mind would want to have sex with beautiful women. Every man would love to have a beautiful woman do what he wants. You call that being a beta and a pawn. You are an idiot Buffoon King.

Poon King said:
Beta losers like you are INDEED "pawns" for women. When I talk about pawns I'm not talking about myself. I'm talking about you.
If you think a pawn means having sex with hot girls, getting them to do what I want, and not fearing them like you, then I guess I'm a "pawn".

You can't do that so it pisses you off. Tell this crap you say to any alpha offline, they will laugh in your face just I am doing now. :crackup:

Poon King said:
I hate my ex
Tenacity said:
I literally HATE women......no matter of fact I DO HATE WOMEN....I swear to God I literally HATE these people and the HATE is so strong
All you guys agree on the same issues. That's why you suck with women and write negative threads wanting men not to be successful with women. No alphas talk the way you guys do. Alphas don't hate chicks, they like fvcking them. You say seducing them is being a pawn. smfh.

DemFeeelz

Banned
Reaction score
Damn. These dudes reek of control freak issues yet total helplessness. They despise what they love and love what they despise. Fear what they worship and worship what they fear. Why do they bother posting on a seduction forum unless they prefer to try to recruit a loosely knit misery loves company crew. Some of these dudes most likely have other usernames on slvthate. Weirdos, Aspies, degenerates. Oh my!

Moroder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone recently said if you took the energy that your break-up cost you to the gym, you'd be Arnold in no time. Well, I guess if you took the time these alpha-beta battles cost you to seduction, you'd be Casanova as well.
Here's some inspiration from Bogey and Betty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t8H07c30io

"Looks like we're closed for the rest of the afternoon" Daaamn. :)

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Leif_Johnson said:
You are right. You are mad like a beta. You're projectng and lying. You said alpha men who seduce beautiful women are pawns. That is bullsh!t. Any man in their right mind would want to have sex with beautiful women. Every man would love to have a beautiful woman do what he wants. You call that being a beta and a pawn. You are an idiot Buffoon King.

If you think a pawn means having sex with hot girls, getting them to do what I want, and not fearing them like you, then I guess I'm a "pawn".

You can't do that so it pisses you off. Tell this crap you say to any alpha offline, they will laugh in your face just I am doing now. :crackup:

All you guys agree on the same issues. That's why you suck with women and write negative threads wanting men not to be successful with women. No alphas talk the way you guys do. Alphas don't hate chicks, they like fvcking them. You say seducing them is being a pawn. smfh.
My posts and threads teach men how to NOT spend their days living as a co-dependent beta b!tch. The only people who get upset about my posts are (no surprise) co-dependent beta b!tches.

Once a man adapts to the alpha mindset and learns to live a life of freedom and abundance, he doesn't NEED to spend every waking moment kissing a woman's ass trying to "seduce" her. This is what you and many others are too stupid to understand.

I hate my ex just like I hate certain movies, places, jobs and types of food. So what? I have to love everything? You stay focused on the Feelz. :crackup: