Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Has anyone here successfully made themselves a "morning person"?

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heard about it but it doesn't sound fun at all. And I doubt someone gets to live over 40-50 y.o. with methods like this.
the transition is terrible but once you adjust it's very manageable. it doesn't jive with most people's work schedules though. the people that do it and stop usually do so because they get super bored at night.

your sleep cycles normally last around two hours but even if you take a 30 min nap at the same time every day your body will adjust and learn to jump straight into REM for that nap rather than slowly going through the first two phases first.

Keenan

Banned
Reaction score
If you'd consider sleeping pills, Zopiclone is what you are looking for.

For most of my adult life, I had trouble falling asleep; I'd lay in bed trying for literally hours, and that sucks. Then I'd wake up feeling crappy and groggy. When I finally addressed the problem with my Doctor, he suggested Zopiclone.

For years now I just pop two pills and fall asleep in half an hour nice and early, like 9pm -- then I naturally wake up feeling fully rested and energetic between 5am-7am.

If you're not adverse to using medication, I highly recommend it.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a former night owl, the only solution I have is waking up when it is still night owl time 4-6 am (for me I wake up at 330 without any alarm clock). Get work or workouts in. Go to work, exhaust yourself with productivity, and then hopefully fall into bed at 9 pm .
I can attest to this. For some reason, whenever I wake up at around 6ish, or 8ish, I’m tired. But if I wake up at around 7, 5, or earlier than 5, I feel fine. I just tire out more quickly throughout the day.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 100% a morning person. I'm usually up around 4-5am. I love how a sunrise looks, the smell of the air in the morning, the dew on everything. The greatest way to make a morning even better is to cook breakfast over the fire pit. Eggs cooked outside have a completely different taste.

I have no clue why I'm a morning person. I've pretty much always been this way. I used to get up early on Saturday mornings to watch all my cartoons. It was frustrating when the stations were still off-air. Most of the time I would catch the national anthem, and then they'd air all the old cartoons from the 1960s before diving into whatever was popular for the time.

My sleep patterns are the 5hits though. They were good for a few years, but over the last couple it's been awful. I usually wake up in the middle of the night for no reason. The problem with that is when it happens, I usually can't fall back asleep. To be honest, I think sleep is a waste of time. I could get much more done if I could just have a few power naps throughout the day.

Speaking of power naps, I usually need one around 2-3pm. Sometimes I'll pull my work vehicle over and just crash for 5-10 minutes, and then be up and ready to take on the world again.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If anyone here has switched from one to the other, how about some tips?
I used to hate getting up.

Now I can't remember what I didn't get up before sunrise.

Ease it, but the hardest part is going to bed on time.

Five minutes earlier per week, etc.

The slower you transition the more of a solid habit it will eventually be.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
define morning person
I think it's someone who feels most energetic and at his best in the morning. Anyone can get up in the morning, but that doesn't mean they're going to feel great about it. As I said before, I've always woken up kind of groggy, and then I slowly become more and more alert during the day. So I tend to peak at night. I get an energy boost at night usually, that's when I feel most awake.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think that why high school sucked for me never saw the reason to get up so earl they really need to shorten the high school hours and put in a later start time:)