Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Happy

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well, just reading this post made me feel happier (and i thought that was impossible! jk). of course, we can't feel all this happiness if we haven't also felt all those negative things like hate and stuff. to understand one, you must experience the other. so, the next time you think you've hit rock bottom, you think life couldn't get any worse, just remember: however bad it is now, that's how good it can become.

that didn't really come out the way i've got it in my head, but that's the best i could do.

BLuE eLf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great POST !

Hey man !!!!! We are on the same wavelenght right now :)
Great post ! I am doing a book about that - inocence, naitivity when you are a little child and perversity of humans when they are old.

Peace !

Paul Owen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Talking about understanding the beauty, understand the beauty of children, who play, cry, sing, laugh and scream like crazy... yes, they are crazy... and so were you... and that's a craziness you don't suffer, it's one that you enjoy every minute of it...

Right,

So when I have had a hard day, listening to a bunch of ****ing bratty children running around screaming mindlessly 'cos they don't know any better is supposed to make me feel better? Yes I was 'crazy' once, then I grew up and became a fully developed adult with real and defined thoughts and feelings. Now you want us to go back to being some mindless, generic little monster who is still in the amoeba stage of the evoloution that takes place across a life time? Thanks but no thanks.

I have a different idea. Embrace the complexity and turbulent nature of adulthood. Accept that you won't be happy every day and that to not go around smiling at how beautiful life is all the time, like our Portugese speaking friend here, does not make you a bad person.

Geez you guys are easily pleased with this meaningless, rhetorical feel good ****.

Oh and guys, as a postscript- it MAY not be a good idea to get so enthiusiatic about advice from a guy who has 'intensely studied' the Wear Sunscreen poem.

happyhourhero

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel bad for the folks who can't see or relate to this gem of a post.

Children are the happiest people around (not to mention the best teachers) - and the world would be a lot better place if we could all find a little bit of that child we used to be.

Some of the coolest people i know, and by coolest i mean the guys (and girls) that everyone wants to be around, are the people who are child like to some extent - finding the fun in every situation, showing their emotions because they are human and life is full of ups and downs, seeing new situations as an adventure not something to fear or worry how you'll look cause you've never done it before.

I would give anything to go back to my days as a kid or at least be more like i was back then, and posts like this are a nice reminder of this.

Cheesy-maybe, but the truth for sure

"if children playing all around, to you is noise not gentle sound, then this one is for you"

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Paul Owen
I have a different idea. Embrace the complexity and turbulent nature of adulthood. Accept that you won't be happy every day and that to not go around smiling at how beautiful life is all the time, like our Portugese speaking friend here, does not make you a bad person.

Geez you guys are easily pleased with this meaningless, rhetorical feel good ****.

Oh and guys, as a postscript- it MAY not be a good idea to get so enthiusiatic about advice from a guy who has 'intensely studied' the Wear Sunscreen poem.
I have a thousand words to say for you, and, as they say that one image is worth a thousand words, here it goes:

:)

(Oh, and as a postscript - It may not be a good idea to take seriously someone who believes that an image is worth a thousand words)

Ah screw it !

:) ;) :D :p :cool:

Muito amor e felicidade para você cara!

(a.k.a.:
Much love and happiness for you man.
this one is serious)

BBB

Last edited:

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love your attitude BBB

I'd be extra happy in Brazil too, with all those hot Brazillian babes in thongs.

I had the pleasure of meeting a stewardess from Varig Airlines that was from Sao Paulo one time.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was a post I needed, thank you BBB.

:)

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What an amazing post! I can't believe I hadn't read this one before.

What makes it even more amazing is that there are so many people today who totally miss the boat on this. So many people are caught up in a materialistic world, thinking they will somehow find what they are looking for by making the most money, having a powerful job, and stuff like that.

I like to remember a scene from "Scarface" when I think about this. Tony Montana, Manny Rivera, and Tony's girl were sitting at a restaurant when they were "on top of the world." They thought they were the biggest and the baddest, but Tony finally realized, "is this it?" Is this all there is too life? They had all the money, nice cars, nice houses, etc., but truly they had nothing. I loved that moment.

This is exactly why it is so important to observe the sun rising, watch the children, and talk to the old people. The sunrise is nature at it's purest and is completely serene, the children are without worry, and the old people have finally learned what life is all about.

Life is about relationships with people, that's it. I'm so glad I can understand this at the age of 21 when it takes so many people a lifetime. This site has helped me tremendously, it really is one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

MoMurda

Banned
Reaction score
So true, so sad how many people take life for granted, even more morose is me being one of those people from time to time.

Rev

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Helter Skelter
Great post BBB!!!

I say hello to nature every morning

To Rev: It might be time to hang yourself:eek:
I know this tip sucked but I'm not going to hang myself over it. Now you go sniff flowers, I'm gonna go pick up chicks.

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, but to all those people who don't: your not happy are you? The people who don't agree are not happy, and that is it, they aren't happy so they are trying to make other people feel the way they feel. It is sad really because they caught this post at a bad time, they are not receptive to its VERY UNIVERSAL TRUTHS. The smallest things in life are the things that will make you happy. Not women. Not Money. Not cars. Not fame. Those things are like toys. Think back to when you were kids and you played with some lame little toy, or action figure, that looked really cool on tv, but you got it and played with it for a day and got bored. All those toys we played with and discarded are like the things we want today. Women, money, cars, fame, will not make you happy, by themeselves of course, happiness comes from within. Now the toys we want: women, money, cars, fame, are much more difficult to acquire but the result will problably be the same as with the toys: we will play and get bored. The grass is always greener on the other side. I think that unless you can be happy absolutly alone and for no good reason you will always be plauged with this toy syndrome at some time or another. But no one can always be happy, I don't think that it is possible. We all feel bad and hate and sad and depressed and tired, but get back on the horse and say why the hell do I care? what ever makes you unhappy or feel bad just ask your self why? why do I care? Chances are that the reason is not going to be very good. Just try to realize that everything you feel is because of your mind, there are no "good" or "bad" things. Its all in you mind. conquer the mind, control it, and you will win and be happy.

Some things that people said: One guy talked about his life being crappy and to that I say: shut up, stop whining, NO BODY LIKES WHINERS, not even whiners like to be around whiners, and thats low man. If you are un-willing to try, which I naturally assumed you didn't, then go away and join an all whiners website. Another guy talked about:
So when I have had a hard day, listening to a bunch of ****ing bratty children running around screaming mindlessly 'cos they don't know any better is supposed to make me feel better? Yes I was 'crazy' once, then I grew up and became a fully developed adult with real and defined thoughts and feelings. Now you want us to go back to being some mindless, generic little monster who is still in the amoeba stage of the evoloution that takes place across a life time? Thanks but no thanks
Dude, SHUT UP! you are whining about your problems that are not really problems at all. When you have a hard day listening to bunch of kids, a job?, did you ever think of joining them in there INNOCENT FUN! they are having fun without thinking about all the crap that SOCIETY dumps on us! well, to all the crap that society dumps on us, I say WHO F_ING CARES? WHY DO I CARE? about anything? I only cared because everyone else did, until I realized that I was being used and put pressure on for NO GOOD REASON! But you don't have fun with the kids, do you?, because you think that you will be made fun of or somebody will think something about you? WHO CARES!? WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU WILL PROBLABLY NEVER MEET AGAIN? Beats me.

Another dude said something like: screw sniffing flowers, I am going to pick up chicks. What that says to me is that you can't get happy or be fulifilled without get girls, which probably means that you are trying to make up for a prior loserness or loneliness. But the girls are just toys man, if you come into a relationship looking for happiness you won't find it.

So another long post under my belt. But I gotta go meet some friends and see a movie.

Ave

Paul Owen

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I don't want to play with children at all. I'll leave that to you Mr Kiddy Fiddler. I don't like them. All they do is run about and scream and shout (they are also ****ing nasty and cruel to each other), so don't give me all this beauty of innocence ****).

I'm a ****ing adult. I don't want to spend my days running in circles, shouting at nothing. I want intelligent conversation, fine wine and high art. All things children could never appreciate.

As for not being happy, 'tis better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a content pig.

Mindless fools. What do you want to be? A bunch of Homer Simpsons? Was Nietzche happy? Was Schopenhauer? Wagner? Not in the sense you mean anyway. And for such wonderful, innocent, magnanimous people I find it hilarious that you have suggested suicide to a guy who just doesn't fit in with your imbecilic philosophy.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing that is important about being happy to me, is the following: There are more people than you realize out there that love to make others unhappy.

Misery truly loves company. So all these unhappy asses are the people who try to bring down everyone at a party, or make people feel sorry for them. They basically do all they can to ruin everyones good time.

If they would just learn how to make themselves happy, they wouldn't spend all their time wallowing in their own self conceived misery and they would stop spending all their time in bringing others down.

Life isn't that hard, especially for all of us taking it easy here in the States, while there are people with real challenges fighting for our freedom in Iraq and Afghanistan. Your troubles are few compared to the very immediate stresses of war.

BE HAPPY

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Paul,

Who says that being happy means you need to stop being a fighter, or a person with goals? NO ONE! just because I can be happy at a time, or BBB, does that mean that we are not goal oriented intelligent people? No. I, my friend, am not a MINDLESS fool, but you must realize that I am capable of being happy and more intelligent than you, amazingly enough, at the same time! But maybe it is not intelligence that makes me better than you, maybe it is the fact that I stand on the outside of society, I have known the kind of hardship that breeds a personality which is capable of ANYTHING! Think of it! I can DO ANYTHING! I have seen around society, not because I was born like that, but because I have HAD to see around society to cope. I hear you talking about fine wine and high art and I hear a person that is a slave to society, not a master, I hear a person that needs these things to be happy, the "rich sophisticated life" that you want is just like a toy, it would( I say "would" because if you want those things than I am sure that you don't have them) get boring once you have it. I don't want to fight you, and so accordingly I will refrain from calling you names like you have called me, I just think that you are short sighted if you think that intelligent conversation and fine wine and high art what an adult needs to be happy.

Ah yes, you said that you are a "****ing adult" well, good for you, but you are also very angry. You seem like that by MERELY YOU AGE, you are better than me or someone that is not LEGALLY an adult. No. You must meet someone to truely judge. Which why I HAVE refrained from calling you names, you "****ing adult", your words not mine *wink*, very mature. What is wrong with simply running around in circles? Kids do it. Ah yes, kids are all evil. Well they aren't evil unless nuture has made them that way. The child, very young, is the purest thing in society, merely because society hasn't warped them yet. And when kids are running around in circles and streaming, are they not having fun? YES, THEY ARE HAVING FUN! And it is rather funny really because that is all that it takes for them to have fun and be happy, notice how a child straight out of the womb doesn't need fine wine and high art to be happy, just a simple hug from the mother. And please don't give me any talk about "maturity", maturity is not something natural, it is something that society gives us, its a joke. I don't need it to be intelligent or successful, but I don't want to talk about that right now. I just think that you will never be happy with high art, fine wine. And you definitly will not be happy with intelligent conversation because I can guarantee that while reading this you are not happy *wink*.

So in conclusion, just lighten up, sniff those flowers and take a deep breath and look around, and maybe even run around its fun, take it from an immature child like me! But rest assured that you will not get too depressed because I will surely go MUCH further than you! I will be the one with the power and happiness and challenge, and I do it for you, a man devastatingly crushed under the weight that children bring on your back, if you can't handle kids how are you going to handle intelligent conversation?

Ave

Paul Owen

Don Juan
Reaction score
I refuse to be drawn into an argument with someone who:

a) Cannot string a sentence together

b) Presumes to know how successful I am (you would be suprised but I have no need to boast about that)

c) Takes examples I give as being the entirety of my argument (fine wine and high art were throwaway example.

d) Claims that people who do like fine wine and high art have a slave morality.

e) Decides that he knows I am not happy simply because I can't stand kids. (Listen to Bill Hick's diatribe on the subject- hilarious and spot on)

f) Tells me to sniff the flowers and look around. Very original. And when did I say i could not be awed and enchanted by a sunset or the look another person gives me?

..... This goes on and on. Look I don't know you and you don't know me. You could be WAY more intelligent and successful than me (although it seems unlikely) or vice versa, but we will never know will we? Its not the point. I don't care about that. I just think you 'happy' types are the most fascistic and narrow minded of folk out there. 'If you aren't happy, kill yourself', you say. Am I not allowed to hate children? I find them really annoying and ill behaved. I have nothing against children that behave themselves. But say I'm at a nice restaurant and there is some ****ing baby screaming am I supposed to think, 'Wow, how cute'. No, I don't. Kids are one dimensional, totally and utterly selfish and incapable of abstract thoughts. I much prefer adults. Is that ok with you? Some people hate animals. I love them but I would never inflict a barking dog on somebody without their consent.

Well, I guess I have been drawn into an argument after all! Oh well, **** it.... whatever dude. We are obviously going to disagree. I'm glad you are happy, really and I hope you go far. Well done you.

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Paul,
I think that you passed the test: I really wanted to see how you react to my very inflammitory writing. You did make fun of me, although not nearly as bad you could have I am sure! A real, intelligent conversation does not have things like profanity and insults because that just shows you can't REALLY prove your points. But then again, who am I to judge?

But one thing is clear, we are attacking each other based on points which are NOT the real basis of our arguments. I still don't think that you understood the point I am trying to make, which is, bluntly put, being happy and narrow minded are not the same thing. Look, I don't think that being narrow minded is a result of happiness. I can be happy and very open minded. It seems rather narrow minded to think the opposite, actually! I think that being CONTENT with the world is just plain old F_ed up, I am not. The world is not a great place, but that does not mean you can't just feel good about something. I am never content. Something else you did not understand completely is my position on children. I DONT REALLY LIKE KIDS, but all that I am saying is that they are HAPPY DOING THINGS THAT SEEM MEANINGLESS. Thats it. They are happy running and playing. I am NOT saying that you should "like" kids, but all that I am saying is you should realize that they are happy doing stupid things like running in circles, and they don't need fine art or wine to get happy. As we get older, we are less and less able to have fun. As we get older, we lose the ability to just play, the ability to be happy with the small stuff. Its too bad so many people think that getting old means you can't have any fun!

Well, I hope you read. I tried to straighten out my argument, maybe you should do it to yours. But, then again, you know what they say: "arguing over the internet is like running in the special olympics: even if you win you are still retarded!"

Ave

Paul Owen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha ha,

Fair enough Ave. You make some good points. Look I didn't really mean to insult you at all. Its just a bit of a reflex response because that's the way people seem to act on here.

And you are right about certain stuff. I AM angry and I kind of know that's not a good thing. Its better not to be affected by stuff and to deal with things with equanimity but that is something that is hard to achieve. I guess its a weird form of idealism- one expects great things or believes that they are possible and when those expectations do not come to fruition then anger ensues.

As for kids well I realise that there is a certain joy in their ability to gain fun in meaningless things. But I just don't like them. They annoy me. And a lot of so called kids nowadays are the rudest, cheekiest, most horrible human beings about. Nature or nurture? I don't know or really care. I don't really believe that we can return to that childlike state where we can be happy running around in circles. Nor am I sure that I want to. Sometimes, maybe, it is good to lose yourself. But I don't hark after a lost childhood or try to recapture it.

Anyway this is all getting a bit disjointed so.... Glad we could settle the 'argument' peacefully.