Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Happy Wife, Happy Life"

Reaction score
I get it, saying yes honey you are right, will lessen arguments, but how do guys not get sick of living with these demons?

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By picking your battles. As long as resentment doesn't build up in you. What do I care if the Bedspread is flowers or stripes? In the long run if she is happy , then I am money ahead. It doesn't mean compromising my core beliefs and standards though.

It can also be interpreted as to find someone who is basically happy as their overall demeanor, and you will have less conflict in your relationship...

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lies......

It's happy spouse happy house.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These guys have the question more detailed and with answers.

One of the keys of which are several is that she is not the judge you are. She can not pass any sentence onto you because she does not have that power; only if you give it to her. Don't give it to her.

Serenity

Reaction score
By picking your battles. As long as resentment doesn't build up in you. What do I care if the Bedspread is flowers or stripes? In the long run if she is happy , then I am money ahead. It doesn't mean compromising my core beliefs and standards though.

It can also be interpreted as to find someone who is basically happy as their overall demeanor, and you will have less conflict in your relationship...
This is it. Pick your battles. Disagreements will inevitably arise, not all of them are worth standing your ground on. If you let her have her way on minor decisions then you will have a lot less resistance and more bargaining power on decisions that actually matter.

What you want to avoid is committing to a woman who strongly disagrees with major decisions. I roll my eyes at how my wife buys Tupperware, to me it's just very expensive plastic crap part of an MLM "scam". I say so, but I don't pick a fight about it in a serious manner, it's not a deal breaker. Fortunately she's over it, but she still has this obsession with organizing everything in plastic boxes. It's a slight annoyance, but overall it doesn't really affect me that negatively, I just think it's a bit unnecessary.

Point is, the slogan is bad if you're going to follow it all of the time. It means you should weigh the benefit of letting her have her way against forcing your own way, in many less significant or irrelevant situations it would benefit you more to just let her decide.

Some men can't let the woman decide anything the way she wishes it purely out of principle of not letting a woman decide anything, no matter how insignificant. Women who tolerate this do exist, but they're rare and they're not happy for it, so the slogan kinda breaks down anyways.

Reaction score
But what do you do when when your wife turns in to a spoiled brat and there's a battle every day

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here’s the thing…women can’t control their behavior, especially the behaviors that annoy their men.

Women want men who say via their actions “Ok, you’re upset. I am not and I will continue to lead us. When you are sufficiently calmed down I will let you in on what we are doing. Until then, you are out of loop. I have work to do.”

Hint: this is what their fathers always did when they were children having temper tantrums. This is what expect.

When women get upset it also has a second purpose, acting as a sh*t test for their man.

Women want men who don’t get upset when they are upset and who continue to lead them. They all want to be led, even the feminists.

When your woman gets upset, be as cool as a cucumber. They will respect you more because that is exactly how their father acted.

Bethatsocialguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Because the term happy wife happy life doesnt work. You should never think "I need to make my wife happy". That is a mindset that will make you do too much and inevitably kill the attraction. If you focus on making your wife happy, she will lose respect for you and respect is one of the founding pillars of attraction. Without respect, attraction cannot happen. You have to experience the ups and downs with your wife and not put her in a protective happy bubble. Women want to feel both positive and negative emotions.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here’s the thing…women can’t control their behavior, especially the behaviors that annoy their men.

Women want men who say via their actions “Ok, you’re upset. I am not and I will continue to lead us. When you are sufficiently calmed down I will let you in on what we are doing. Until then, you are out of loop. I have work to do.”

Hint: this is what their fathers always did when they were children having temper tantrums. This is what expect.

When women get upset it also has a second purpose, acting as a sh*t test for their man.

Women want men who don’t get upset when they are upset and who continue to lead them. They all want to be led, even the feminists.

When your woman gets upset, be as cool as a cucumber. They will respect you more because that is exactly how their father acted.
Advice from the old lady:

Women absolutely can control and regulate their behavior. But they must be trained into that preferably by a strong father figure. As a chick you have cyclic hormonal fluctuations that I don’t care what any woman says they exist and it can be hard to realize this as a woman because it is how you are, it’s how you are made.

It is a bit of humble pie to acknowledge this however. Doesn’t mean you can’t control it or regulate it, but to do so requires awareness of it. My BF and my ex husband have both pointed out that I tend to be sensitive/prone to quarrel roughly once a month all other things being equal. My response? Yeah probably. I’m cool but I’m still a chick…

And I’m much more regulated than a lot of women.

Agree that men need to lead irrespective of the little storms that billow your woman. Those storms are built in software on all models. Just varies by degree and is affected by your ability as a man to manage the interaction.

Also agree that you are well advised to chose a partner who is calibrated toward being positive in attitude, regulated emotionally insofar as that is possible, and self aware. You are indeed money/emotion ahead with such a girl.

The importance of a strong father cannot be overstated…and for men here who are raising daughters? It is incumbent on you to require discipline in your daughters emotional fluctuations to equip her for adulthood and mold her into solid partner material.

I consider myself extremely fortunate to have had such guidance from my father.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get it, saying yes honey you are right, will lessen arguments, but how do guys not get sick of living with these demons?
Letting someone else walk all over you is not going to result in a happy life. Learning to say NO is much likelier to result in a happy life and in a wife/partner that respects you.