Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Happy Thanksgiving! ???

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In 1637 near present day Groton, Connecticut, over 700 men, women and children of the Pequot Tribe had gathered for their annual Green Corn Festival which is our Thanksgiving celebration. In the predawn hours the sleeping Indians were surrounded by English and Dutch mercenaries who ordered them to come outside. Those who came out were shot or clubbed to death while the terrified women and children who huddled inside the longhouse were burned alive. The next day the governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony declared "A Day Of Thanksgiving" because 700 unarmed men, women and children had been murdered.

Cheered by their "victory", the brave colonists and their Indian allies attacked village after village. Women and children over 14 were sold into slavery while the rest were murdered. Boats loaded with a many as 500 slaves regularly left the ports of New England. Bounties were paid for Indian scalps to encourage as many deaths as possible.
You can find more details by doing some research.

Basically, Thanksgiving is a Native American holiday that was celebrated way before Europeans arrived in America. And there is truth that the natives helped the settlers, with learning how to cultivate food and which plants were poisonous, which were medicinal. How to navigate the waters and the forests. However, the settlers were opportunists, and in the end, murderers. While Thanksgiving is centuries old, for Natives, as a celebration of the fall... it is a celebration of murder for the Europeans settlers.

Consider this just a side dish of truth to enjoy with your turkeys!

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be sure to mention this to everyone while we're about halfway eating.

Thanks dude. :whistle:

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iqqi I am assuming you are white and american. What's your problem with thanksgiving? Are you not a patriot? When one tribe meets another tribe, only one will be dominate. It's as old as nature. Sorry Indians. Right? Why try to make people feel guilty or bad about enjoying a day with their family? Thats some evil, woman and liberal sh1t right there.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Iqqi I am assuming you are white and american. What's your problem with thanksgiving? Are you not a patriot? When one tribe meets another tribe, only one will be dominate. It's as old as nature. Sorry Indians. Right? Why try to make people feel guilty or bad about enjoying a day with their family? Thats some evil, woman and liberal sh1t right there.
Seriously? You feel that same way about the holocaust? Or the genocide in Congo?

My problem isn't with some holiday with the family. My issue is what they teach in elementary schools about this particular holiday, the lies they tell outright to little five year olds, and the horrid truth they swept under the rug. This particular holiday was stolen from the group that was murdered in their sleep, and it is literally a celebration of that murder.

I think it should be changed.

I should be happy because I am white? Really?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
You can find more details by doing some research.

I did. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pequot_War

You failed to mention that there was a war going on at the time, and that the settlers were fighting alongside the other Indian tribes with whom they had allied themselves, mostly the Mohegans. The Pequots and Mohegans had been in perpetual conflict long before the white people arrived. The slaughter you described did happen, but it served to break the Pequots and end the war. It has nothing to do with Thanksgiving, other than giving wealthy liberal white people another absurd excuse to feel guilty.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I did. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pequot_War

You failed to mention that there was a war going on at the time, and that the settlers were fighting alongside the other Indian tribes with whom they had allied themselves, mostly the Mohegans. The Pequots and Mohegans had been in perpetual conflict long before the white people arrived. The slaughter you described did happen, but it served to break the Pequots and end the war. It has nothing to do with Thanksgiving, other than giving wealthy liberal white people another absurd excuse to feel guilty.
Well, first let me ask you this. Do you believe everything you read on wikipedia? :)

Anyways, obviously there was a war going on. Considering the settlers came to someone else's land, to take it over. I guess it was a bad idea for natives to fight back? Or at least try. Considering the Europeans had weapons, whereas the natives had none. The war was because natives attempted to fight back, rather than be taken into slavery. This is indeed the backdrop for the story of Thanksgiving. Here is an excerpt from the horses mouth, the horse being Christopher Columbus:

Historian Howard Zinn tells us how Arawak men and women, naked, tawny, and full of wonder, emerged from their villages onto the island's beaches and swam out to get a closer look at the strange big boat. When Columbus and his sailors came ashore, carrying swords, speaking oddly, the Arawaks ran to greet them, brought them food, water, gifts. Columbus later wrote of this in his log. Here is what he wrote:

"They brought us parrots and balls of cotton and spears and many other things, which they exchanged for the glass beads and hawks' bells. They willingly traded everything they owned. They were well-built, with good bodies and handsome features. They do not bear arms, and do not know them, for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge and cut themselves out of ignorance. They have no iron. Their spears are made of sugar cane. They would make fine servants. With 50 men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want."
Here is another article: http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_2259.shtml

This kid knows what's up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2tcnwQj8tk

The actual day of Thanksgiving, the white version, begins in treachery and deceit.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what you are celebrating at "thanksgiving":

The day after the massacre, the aforementioned Governor Massachusetts Bay Colony declared: “A day of Thanksgiving, thanking God that they had eliminated over 700 men, women and children.” It was signed into law that, “This day forth shall be a day of celebration and thanksgiving for subduing the Pequots.”
Here is another good read, and I agree with the closing paragraph:

I did not write this article with intentions to offend or say we shouldn’t celebrate “Thanksgiving.” None of us are responsible for the atrocious deaths of Natives and Europeans. None of us caused the plague or the massacres. But as human beings, I do feel that it’s important for us to approach history with honesty and sensitivity. Perhaps some of you don’t believe this history is relevant to you, but I would strongly argue that a history that is not inclusive is a dangerously racist and prejudice one. Yes, we should spend time with our families and Loved ones, and yes, we should be grateful and thankful for all that we have, but not at the expense of ignoring an entire race of people, their culture, and their history.

The fact that history textbooks and schools try to glorify the Pilgrims while omitting significant facts about the Natives represents that there is a lot to improve in the United States. Let us not become blinded by super-patriotism or blowout sales of “Black Friday.” Let us give some thought to the Native people, learn from their struggles, and embolden ourselves to stand up against racism and genocide in all forms.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew I could count on you, BM. ;)

I'll have a beer myself. I've been trying out these organic fruit beers, YUM. Who knew I'd like any kind of beer, ever??

I am just providing some truth to counteract everything you may have believed since kindergarten, when teachers made you draw pictures of indians and pilgrims and turkeys, and the nice little dinner they sat down to have together.

There is a whole lot more to that story, and the sad truth is Americans are celebrating the slaughter of hundreds of sleeping men, women, and children.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I knew I could count on you, BM. ;)

I'll have a beer myself. I've been trying out these organic fruit beers, YUM. Who knew I'd like any kind of beer, ever??

I am just providing some truth to counteract everything you may have believed since kindergarten, when teachers made you draw pictures of indians and pilgrims and turkeys, and the nice little dinner they sat down to have together.

There is a whole lot more to that story, and the sad truth is Americans are celebrating the slaughter of hundreds of sleeping men, women, and children.

Don't shoot the messenger.

No fruit should ever exist in a beer, it's disgusting just thinking about it. I'd rather drink piss.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The territory of the Arawaks extended throughout the Caribbean at one time. The were a peaceful people, practically pacifists. They seemed very nice. Unfortunately for the island-dwelling Arawaks, they sucked badly at warfare. They were annihilated by a tribe originating out of the Amazon, the Caribs, that had learned to make canoes and island-hop northward. Upon arrival on a new island, the Caribs would kill everyone and then eat whoever looked tasty. The Caribs ruled by violence, until disease from European visitors wiped them out almost immediately.

History is ugly. The white people are not all bad, and the brown people are not all good. It's not that simple. The White Guilt version of history is just as ridiculously skewed as the happy stories we tell children.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
History is ugly. The white people are not all bad, and the brown people are not all good. It's not that simple. The White Guilt version of history is just as ridiculously skewed as the happy stories we tell children.
I don't think any of those articles are making the point that all white people are bad, and all brown people are godlike and peaceful. Also, those articles are a far cry from a comparison to happy stories we tell children, mostly because they are the FACTS, not some horror story intended to make you feel guilt. What facts are skewed? You probably feel guilt because you are denying the truth. The truth IS ugly, but denying it and coloring it over with pastel crayons just makes it worse.

What I can't believe is that the holiday still goes on to this day, that we celebrate it in complete IGNORANCE, when it represents a celebration of a genocide.

And that children are so misled, so that they grow up to be Biblebelt adults believing nothing is wrong at all, and oblivious to what they are actually celebrating.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I don't think any of those articles are making the point that all white people are bad, and all brown people are godlike and peaceful. Also, those articles are a far cry from a comparison to happy stories we tell children, mostly because they are the FACTS, not some horror story intended to make you feel guilt. What facts are skewed? You probably feel guilt because you are denying the truth. The truth IS ugly, but denying it and coloring it over with pastel crayons just makes it worse.

What I can't believe is that the holiday still goes on to this day, that we celebrate it in complete IGNORANCE, when it represents a celebration of a genocide.

And that children are so misled, so that they grow up to be Biblebelt adults believing nothing is wrong at all, and oblivious to what they are actually celebrating.

Who cares? We just slaughtered 100,000 innocent Iraqis for a war based on lies, and we built a Library for George W Bush.

It's insane, but what can you do? Just keep drinking those fruit beers and sniffing that coke. But go easy on that coke it's hurting your liver.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bluntmaster said:
It's insane, but what can you do? Just keep drinking those fruit beers and sniffing that coke. But go easy on that coke it's hurting your liver.
:eek: Daaaang.

You must have me confused with your BPD girlfriend.

I see someone isn't liking his dose of truth today!!! :moon:

And no, I really don't think you can pull up any kind of example that illustrates just how much we Americans are SHEEP, as the celebration of Thanksgiving. Stores close, moms cook turkeys, children draw indians and pilgrims in school, all celebrating the day indians and pilgrims came together over some good food. Psssssh.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wish I could cuss on here Happy ****ing Thanksgiving Slaughtering w/e day. And I'm sure most of history is tweaked and changed for the benefits of the victors.

Bluntmaster

Banned
Reaction score
iqqi said:
:eek: Daaaang.

You must have me confused with your BPD girlfriend.

No my new girlfriend is foreign and there is not a trace of BPD in her. I wonder why that is?