Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Happily Ever After

Waive

Don Juan
Reaction score
This site has some great advice but it often gets me down and bleak as far as women and relationships are concerned.

I would greatly appreciate anyone who would care to share their stories of a marriage that is going right, how they knew the girl was "the one," as well as any advice they'd care to share for anyone thinking about taking the plunge.

Phaedrus

Reaction score

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all get rid of that mental idea of "The One". The One does not exist, it never did and it never ever will.

You go into all interactions with everyone knowing very well that it will not last forever thus you have fun and do your own thing, you feel inclined to have the added comforts of companionship friendship and pu55y on tap then you can get into a serious relationship or marriage.

If it lasts it lasts if not make sure you have a get away plan ready incase you married the wrong girl and didn't screen her well enough.

Waive

Don Juan
Reaction score
I should have clarified. By "the one" I meant I simply wanted to know what characteristics qualified the girl for monogamy and a ring. i didn't mean it in that bull**** destiny sense.

PeakIV

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
happily ever after only exists in the movies - period..

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marriage is work brother. There is no "one." It's basically a job. You only reap the benefits of marriage if you have TWO highly motivated workers.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My wife and I are having a great time. Will it last forever and ever, Disney style? Of course not. Nothing is forever. But the important thing (and she and I were just discussing this) is that we are enjoying the here and now, even as we work toward our individual and shared goals.

5String said "it's work" and I somewhat agree with that. You do have to put in some effort, you can't just "walk away" when things get bumpy like in a fling.

However, the "marriage is work" phrase gets tossed around way too much. And I think 5String would agree with me, knowing what few details I know about his marriage, that it's also supposed to be fun. Most of it should come easily, just like a difficult job that you WANT to do. If you're not sufficiently motivated to get it done, you will be miserable. Your motivation will be drawn, in no small part, by your spouse and how she treats you. This is where the old "quality" debate rears its head, but it's more precise to say that when you maintain frame, your wife will (should anyway) reward you. Frame - game, amused mastery, confidence, decisiveness, etc - THAT too is "work" until it becomes internalized. The results you get make it fun.

As far as taking the plunge, that is up to you sir. I would only recommend it if you want to have kids and believe she would be an excellent mother and wife. (If you're of that demographic.)

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
My wife and I are having a great time. Will it last forever and ever, Disney style? Of course not. Nothing is forever. But the important thing (and she and I were just discussing this) is that we are enjoying the here and now, even as we work toward our individual and shared goals.

5String said "it's work" and I somewhat agree with that. You do have to put in some effort, you can't just "walk away" when things get bumpy like in a fling.

However, the "marriage is work" phrase gets tossed around way too much. And I think 5String would agree with me, knowing what few details I know about his marriage, that it's also supposed to be fun. Most of it should come easily, just like a difficult job that you WANT to do. If you're not sufficiently motivated to get it done, you will be miserable. Your motivation will be drawn, in no small part, by your spouse and how she treats you. This is where the old "quality" debate rears its head, but it's more precise to say that when you maintain frame, your wife will (should anyway) reward you. Frame - game, amused mastery, confidence, decisiveness, etc - THAT too is "work" until it becomes internalized. The results you get make it fun.

As far as taking the plunge, that is up to you sir. I would only recommend it if you want to have kids and believe she would be an excellent mother and wife. (If you're of that demographic.)
Nice post samspade.

Me n the wife have had a few bumps in the road of late due to outside influences. However, we both had to get past those bumps. It took both of us to do so. We were both motivated. I railed her Sat and Sun night. You'd think we were both 18 yrs old. I had taken her out to eat Sat night and we had a great time. She had a tight top on, designer jeans and 5 in heels. She looked awesome and knows it drives me nuts.

We're still playful with one another. That's a big deal when married.