Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Happier abroad thread

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are some advantages when you are abroad or live abroad. The Roosh forum was very popular for the travel section. Also swooptheworld forum is big on it. Their forum is only reachable through registration. I tried it today but it did not work.

Anyway this thread might go into that direction.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the main advantages to being abroad is you don't carry your normal baggage with you.
Yes to some extent you can start fresh and new because you have the chance to forget some memories and create new ones. They say our memories make who we are.

Though the other saying is you take with you who you are wherever you go.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Though the other saying is you take with you who you are wherever you go.
Exactly.

Which is why there is a recognized "honeymoon effect" among people who work in other countries.

Eventually your old self will pop back up.

But there are advantages.

When Hemingway and all those writer dudes were living in Europe was mainly because the dollar went a long ways over there.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My family would cry cry cry if I moved abroad. That is the Only thing holding me back. If you had 1 million net worth and moved to say, Russia. Very hard to do btw cause you have to be "invited" - I could I have a 10-year long relationship with a married gal there. Her husband probably knows and reads whatever I send her. Would a million USD make you rich over there outside of Moscow or St Petersburg? I've studied the language for 8 years, but immersion would be "no looking back" if I moved there. I would certainly be thrust into the reality of a foreigner's world should I step out. I'd understand the frustration of a foreigner here. I love their language and mindset though. I'm circumcised.

Once I have no family left here beyond half-brothers and cousins, I may move there if pushed over the edge to. I know it's Harsh place and that America is lush and lavish, but...idk people live poorly there yet are fairly happy on average due to the communal relative disposition. Sure, there's a lot of back-stabbin mutherfvckers, but idk, America is Expensive AF. I'm tired of the taxes, the permits to build on your Own fvcking property!! the Control. I'm tired of it TBH. The $80 trash pickup, the $90 electric bill, or water/sewer. The costs keep going up but wages stay the same (not for me necessarily, but for most Americans). Without this furlough on mortgages, we'd be seeing a Massive amount of foreclosures right now.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly.

Which is why there is a recognized "honeymoon effect" among people who work in other countries.

Eventually your old self will pop back up.

But there are advantages.

When Hemingway and all those writer dudes were living in Europe was mainly because the dollar went a long ways over there.
Interesting I didn't know that these guys were doing that (geo arbitrage)

Funny thing when I lived in Germany I could'nt literally imagine having sex with an Asian girl. They reminded me for a strange reason to Chung Lee (The bad guy from Bloodsport).

Now I am in my year six in Philippines and my mind changed. I have some nice new memories of Asian girls in my mind.

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting I didn't know that these guys were doing that (geo arbitrage)

Funny thing when I lived in Germany I could'nt literally imagine having sex with an Asian girl. They reminded me for a strange reason to Chung Lee (The bad guy from Bloodsport).

Now I am in my year six in Philippines and my mind changed. I have some nice new memories of Asian girls in my mind.

I'm suppose to go back in The Philippines with my family this December but our flight was delayed because Guam, our travel route, is still in quarantine.

How's the Philippines doing in covid compare to America? I hope it's not stricter.

Speaking of Asian girls, if you were to get married, would you get married and raise a family here in the states or Philippines? Just wondering. Cheers.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly if your willing to leave your friends,family,job and secruity behind to go to a new country sure.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
As someone has has worked abroad for most of my adult life, my experience is that the novelty wears off extremely fast, the 1st time I went off to another country, that feeling lasted a good 6 months, then as time went on and I've moved on to various countries, maybe it lasted 6 days.

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm suppose to go back in The Philippines with my family this December but our flight was delayed because Guam, our travel route, is still in quarantine.

How's the Philippines doing in covid compare to America? I hope it's not stricter.

Speaking of Asian girls, if you were to get married, would you get married and raise a family here in the states or Philippines? Just wondering. Cheers.
In my case the Philippines Covid thing was a bit annoying. They were relatively strict the problem was the uncertainty. Things got handled different depending on province and the officer.

Btw. I never realised how annoying the humidity is there. Took me long time to get really aware of it.

I can't answer where I would raise my family as I don't want to build a family but both countries are not really good I guess.