Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hangover Cures

darkstarrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing with the Devil by the pale moonlight.
Over the years I've had some mean ones folks. These are the 3 best solutions.

1. V8, splash of Tobas-co, crushed black pepper, splash of lemon juice
2. pickle juice
3. IntraVeineous fluids at your local hospital

:cool:

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
take vit c with a glass of water before you start drinking, no hang over the next day

Riviera Paradise

Reaction score
Some solutions I have found are:

If you want to minimize the effects of alcohol, do this BEFORE going out drinking:
1. Eat, preferably a steak or chicken, skip the sides and drink water.
2. Take a vitamin C or Alpha-Lipoic Acid.
*The point of this is that alcohol is alkaline, and by taking acid you will neutralize its effects*

If you already drank a whole bunch of beer, then there is the second option, do this before going to sleep:
Take two (preferably coated) aspirin with a glass of water or gatorade. If you do not have aspirin, then just drink water or gatorade, you drank alcohol & it dehydrated you, by drinking water/gatorade you will replenish fluids.

If its already morning (or should I say 'mourning'?), and if your stomach can take it eat eggs &/or bacon or steak, take vitamin c or alpha-lipoic acid, and drink gatorade. And keep drinking water & gatorade all day. When I get a hangover, my headache goes away in an hour or so, but the exhaustion stays with me all day long, drinking water/gatorade helps minimize the all day exhaustion.
Another option is if you are up to it make lemonade and add a pinch or two of salt, and yea it actually tastes pretty good!

Aenigma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hangovers are due to the buildup of toxic byproducts from the distillation process and from the metabolism of alcohol itself. You can minimize the effects of hangover 2 ways.

1. Don't drink cheap booze. It has more byproducts in it meaning that more endup in your system- hence hangover. Buy the more expensive types that have been filter/distilled multiple times.

2. Drink lots of water when you get home. Drinking lots of water does three things. Firstly, it decreases the concentration of of the toxins in your body by increasing total fluid. Secondly, you excrete more of the toxins- you get rid of them more rapidly. Thirdly- you prevent yourself from getting dehydrated- which is also a source of hangover.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Avoid it all together! Heres how:

Take a Zantac 150 (its a over the counter anti acid you can buy at any drug store) 20 minutes before you drink.

It keeps you from getting bright red, You are able to drink more without getting super sloppy, and it drastically prevents a hangover!!

Also drink lots of water before you go to bed and keep a couple bottles by your bedside in case you wake up thirsty in the middle of the night.

Dont worry, you wont need to take a piss for the most part, because that water just goes back into all your dehydrated cells. Thats what makes you so tired the next morning.

Jaggs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just drink ****loads of water, and then some, before you crash out.

Most of my hangovers the next day are just caused by serious dehydration.

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
Avoid it all together! Heres how:

Take a Zantac 150 (its a over the counter anti acid you can buy at any drug store) 20 minutes before you drink.

It keeps you from getting bright red, You are able to drink more without getting super sloppy, and it drastically prevents a hangover!!

Also drink lots of water before you go to bed and keep a couple bottles by your bedside in case you wake up thirsty in the middle of the night.

Dont worry, you wont need to take a piss for the most part, because that water just goes back into all your dehydrated cells. Thats what makes you so tired the next morning.
Ken, if you're drinking a little then Zantac is not that bad and it will stop you from flushing because of the less immediate metabolisation which is certainly a plus. However, if you are drinking enough to give yourself a hangover (or more), then be careful because things can get messy. Ranitidine, as an anti-acid, inhibits the production of stomach acid. This means that much more alcohol is going to end up in your blood which can be very dangerous.