Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Handling Insults...

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Either with a girl you are dating or just in general.

Alot of you will think this is ridiculous that I'm bringing this up. But in my group of friends everything is a constant minor jerk-off cut down. I'm really tired of having to defend myself from immature crap like this. I don't take these snaps personal because I'm pretty confident.

Problem is that when a few people are around and someone 'gets a good one' and everyone starts to laugh...I think that I lose face and the jokes on me. Or in some way I look less cool, pimp, valuable or worthy. I don't feel that way, I just wonder if that's what people think.

Sometimes I get a good hit back just because I don't feel like dealing with it, but sometimes I just ignore it because I don't feel like I should have to respond. Am I wrong to think that I shouldn't have to put up with that crap.

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool thanks, Posting this for anyone who is tired of being on the defensive 24/7. I'm also of the opinion:

http://www.internetgrandfather.com/archives/duck.htm

>> I mean seriously, if some jack-ass calls you a jerk off and some people start loving it and laughing- They're retarded. I think it is a waste of energy to combat that crap unless you're just in the moment. I'm rarely in the moment to put somebody down just because.

>> With very few exceptions to the rule, most of these people trying to break you down are insecure...whether they say they care or not and 'that's just how they are'. As far as I'm concerned, I don't want my character to shrink to that level. It doesn't mean I'm going to be nice...just not sweat the petty shat.

>> If someone loses respect for me because of a small petty cut down, I can probably live my life alright with folks who 1) Are not nice 2) are just cool. You don't have to be nice, you just have to be cool. Petty 1/16 brained jokes just annoy...they have nothing to do with me. Even if they're slightly personal, I'd wish not to have the time or even think of.

>> Epictetus: "But don't worry about what anyone says about you; for this is not at all up to you."

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?threadid=30598&highlight=smurfing
"
"Smurfing" the competition
I know that the bulk of this forum is about speed seduction, but I thought that I would share with you all something that I found to be quite helpful.

If you are very familiar with Ross Jeffries, then you probably already know about the psychic ability to "smurf" a person. When you smurf someone, your mind forces that person to feel uncomfortable and usually the smurfed person will get up and leave.

For those of you who aren't as well-read, to smurf a person, you form a yellow sphere about yourself that fills the entire room. Once this is accomplished, you should "see" everyone in yellow tones. Then, you shape your sphere until the person whom you wish to smurf is no longer in the yellow about you. Then, you proceed to mentally see this person turn blue and shrink them, so that he looks like a smurf, hence the name "smurfing."

The person should begin to feel out of place, and when I have tried this, the person almost always leaves shortly thereafter.

Recently, I have experimented by smurfing other "alpha males" that could present competition when dealing with ladies in a social setting. I have had a tremendous response to this. Either the other men don't try to block me or they will leave altogether. I urge you to try this when seducing ladies.

Try this and let me know how it works out for you.

Sax God"

that's if they do it constantly and start pissing you off.

i've got to the stage of either "whatever" followed by ignoring them completely, or giving a comeback if i've got one.

remember that it's up to you who you let into your world. are they in or out? do they deserve to be in?

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the reasons that I brought this up was because a girl I'm seeing tried to smack me down with a comment in front of my friends. I said nothing but continued on with my activities while my friends giggled like little school girls. I just thought about how I had given her respect and not made fun of her for stupid shyte she did.

It was just one comment and pretty funny. But I have an obsessive mind and I felt like she was disrespectful. I can take a joke...but I didn't feel the need to defend myself or come back and shut her down. I didn't care and it affected me 0%...except later when I thought about this more.

Smurfing? I don't know about putting this into practice? That's just not that cool...I'd hate to be with a girl or a group of friends that judge me on how good I can make somebody feel like a boner. Doesn't mean we gotta be a nice group of people. Just laid back and cares about folks.

Anyway, I think that if be myself and be above board the girl will see me before the lacky competition who is too insecure to be straight up.

Water off a ducks back is the mindset I'd like...and hang out with people who are more respectful of that shyte.

Not in competition >>

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just remember to not lose your cool if an idiot friend or girl cracks a joke at you.

Their goal is to piss you off, if you dont get pissed off. and smile back at them, they will be pissed.

why? cuz they know it doesnt bug you...plus they'll keep at it and try to crack mroe jokes on you, in hopes you'll break down and blow up

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't at all hard. If they're truly being assh*les, you stop hanging around them. If they're just messing around with you, you get a thicker skin, sharpen your wit, and fire back.

When I was a freshman in high school, I got picked on because I was shy and I read a lot. People would always say, "Just ignore them. If they don't get a reaction, they'll stop." The problem is, of course, that it's not so much that they want to get ME to react, as much as they want to get their FRIENDS to react. If their friends think it's funny and continue to laugh, it will continue. Ignoring it won't make it stop, typically.

The unintended consequence of this behavior, though, was that I am a quick study. I paid attention to how they insulted me, what jokes worked best, got the biggest laughs. Soon I was able to start firing back at them.

Now, nobody makes fun of me, for the most part, except for a couple of my friends, and they do it very light-heartedly. Everyone knows, if you try to insult me, I'll turn it around on you. There's a respect you get when you can learn to do that. A kind of street cred.

Even if one of my friends tries to make fun of me for something and I don't have a quick, witty comeback, I can usually get them to shut up with one word: "Assh#le." But around my main circle of friends, we all have ammunition of stupid sh*t everyone has done, any of which can be pulled out at any time to make someone look stupid if they try to pull anything.

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"When you laugh, the world laughs with you. When you weep, you weep alone."

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and about "smurfing"...

That is the godd#mned dumbest thing I've seen on this forum in a long time. And that's saying something.

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, if someone makes an insult, one type of come back is instead of ignoring it or coming back with something funny you can be cool and tell another person in the group in a confident voice, something along the lines of "hey, do something about this kid" or somethign along those lines. This would make them feel less powerful than the person you talked to, and less powerful than you which will seem as if he's a dumbass.

Insults usually look for attention. They are male attentions *****s as well and they way they seek it is through insults or talking until their balls get numb. So... learn subtle ways to handle it.

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Smurfing? By the time you're 30 you'll be a ****ing nut case. Learn different ways to handle the situation that would actually be productive in your future.

Tai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone kept saying dont let insult get to you because the ones thats throwing insults around are looking for attention.

To me usually these insults have some truth to them so its not really the guy that throw the insult that you pissed off, its the truth in those insult and the truth hurt.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn to defend yourself. If you say nothing, you're automatically labelled as a ***** and your value drops.

Let me ask you this: if it REALLY doesn't get to you that much, why aren't you suave enough to answer with a smart-ass remark of your own? If you know how to really keep your cool, you can outwit any of these remarks with something of your own.

If you really can't think of anything, you can turn the joke around and continue laughing at yourself with everyone else: that's a big sign of maturity. Sometimes, a simple "shut the **** up or I'll tell your mom what a foul mouth you have when I stick it up her tonight" works just as well. Learn a couple of these lines and you'll do okay..

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Oh, and about "smurfing"...

That is the godd#mned dumbest thing I've seen on this forum in a long time. And that's saying something.

I agree!
Smurfing! Please give me a freakin break! :rolleyes:

MrBond007

Banned
Reaction score
Smurfing.....can we say "as retarded as group therapy?".

"We love you" X1000
"Figure him as a Smurf" X1000
"You have that hidden power to imagine people as blue people"
"Next step is fighting using a golf ball retreiver"

matius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn to defend yourself. If you say nothing, you're automatically labelled as a ***** and your value drops.
If my value drops because of something like that, fukk em. The only way your value can truly drop is if you allow it to.

Let me ask you this: if it REALLY doesn't get to you that much, why aren't you suave enough to answer with a smart-ass remark of your own?
I haven't really thought about it. It's stupid to me dude, and I didn't realize that it was suave to be a jerk-off. If I acted like that all the time I'd think I was real dildo. Or better yet, I have better things to do than to try and come up with cool ways to put you down. That's just me.

Good suggestions however.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
If someone attempts to make a fool of me ill lyrically slaughter them. I just make fun of their appearance, its the best way to get at someone, this is especially effective if your good looking and well dressed. They cant come back at you with anything.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think i've been smurfed repeatedly before by a complete jackass who thinks he's all that. He would completely ignore couple of other people from my social circle, myself including. I would stand like in front of him try to shake his hand he would look past me like i dont exist. Of course, smurfees brought this issue up with social circle "elders" who apparently had a talk with that guy. Well, he's gone from our social circle.

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets face it, you are going to face chumps, bustas, b*tches and clowns throughout your journeys in life.

If someone makes you into a joke, then he is a clown, and make that known to him... just laugh and say 'You (name), are a clown. Where you hiding those big red shoes?'

If you meet someone who is testing your game, then all he is doing is talking, therefore, he's a b*tch.. just say 'Obviously, you are just talking... therefore you must be a b*tch.' :)

Chumps, and Bustas are abound.... when they talk, just call them out, remind them of who they really are, chances are, they'll believe you, and think 'You know, he is right, I am just talking.. I must be a b*tch.' :)

Next time some fool tries to punk you just say... 'See (Name) .. that is the reason I am your only friend. I don't know why I even hang with you, you are a nobody, where as I, am a somebody.... who are you again?' ;)

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Life-Trainee
I think i've been smurfed repeatedly before by a complete jackass who thinks he's all that.

I'm not sure your being serious here or not, but you made me laugh my ass off just the same. Thank you. Seriously.