Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Handled flaking successfully - How do you handle it?

asid12345678

Don Juan
Reaction score
im sure there have been hundreds of threads about this in past but Let's share what we do after the girl flakes. I'll tell you how I handled my most recent situation and feel free to comment on that too.

So I was going to see this chick I've dated a couple of times on Thursday but 2 mins after we make a plan, she texts me"oh ****, I'm actually busy that night". I said "okay no worries".

I send her some funny pic later that day, we talk BS and I convince her to smoke her first joint with me at my place on Saturday. And then Friday morning, I get a text from her and the conversation went something like this from Friday morning until the night

Her: I'm so sorry I can't do Saturday, we can do this some other time
Me:eek:kay (and then I delete her number)
Her:I'm so sorry
Me:it's okay honey, it's just a date ;)
Her:I care
(I don't reply, and 3 hours later...)
Her:are you free on Sunday
Me:what time

And then we go on to make the same plan but on Sunday.

How would you handle this situation? And what are your stratigies for flaking in general

jester1x

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I wouldn't describe what she did as a flake at all. Sounds like she just momentarily forgot that she had plans that particular day. Seems considerate and polite (to me).

I consider it an actual flake when a woman cancels on you the same day of the date or literally within hours of your scheduled date time.

I'd take her up on her offer and make some definite plans. She may actually flake for real if she senses any hot/cold coming from you. If she actually flakes for the counteroffer she offered to you then you know her level of interest isn't high at all or practically non-existent.

Don't try to game her too much or you'll take yourself out of the game entirely. Don't assume every woman you meet falls for a line of BS. Some women actually do keep their word.

asid12345678

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I wouldn't describe what she did as a flake at all. Sounds like she just momentarily forgot that she had plans that particular day. Seems considerate and polite (to me).

I consider it an actual flake when a woman cancels on you the same day of the date or literally within hours of your scheduled date time.

I'd take her up on her offer and make some definite plans. She may actually flake for real if she senses any hot/cold coming from you. If she actually flakes for the counteroffer she offered to you then you know her level of interest isn't high at all or practically non-existent.

Don't try to game her too much or you'll take yourself out of the game entirely. Don't assume every woman you meet falls for a line of BS. Some women actually do keep their word.
It was frustrating for me because I had almost purchased the MJ for our date, something I don't usually smoke so I would have ended up wasting money for nothing. But yeah, i can't expect her life to revolve all around me after 1 or 2 dates so ofcourse I accepted the reschedule for tomorrow.

I just feel when it comes to flaking, the best answer in my experience is it depends. I didn't reply to this one for a few hours and she automatically asks for a reschedule. Compared to another girl I've been seeing who I called a "fat ugly ***** who just wants my ****" for flaking on me and saying "she'll see in the morning if she wants to see me" and viola, I ****ed her the next day and she literally thanked me for seeing her.

So for really feminine females, perhaps a little aggression is effective and for the more strong and independent type, just show them you don't care

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rule #1: You don't handle flakes. Women that like you DO NOT FLAKE.

I send her some funny pic later that day, we talk BS and I convince her to smoke her first joint with me at my place on Saturday.
Smoking a joint with her at your place isn't a date, and won't get you laid. You're already in the friend zone. And stop texting her. It's a waste of time. Ask her out on a date.

And then Friday morning, I get a text from her and the conversation went something like this from Friday morning until the night

Her: I'm so sorry I can't do Saturday, we can do this some other time
She flaked because you're in the friend zone.

Me:eek:kay (and then I delete her number)
No emojis. That's ***** ****.

Her:I'm so sorry
Translation: I'm not sorry

Me:it's okay honey, it's just a date ;)
You're texting a longer response than her. Try to avoid this at all costs. A simple "ok" would suffice. Always text the same or less than she does. It gives the subconscious perception that she wants you more than vice versa.

Her:I care
(I don't reply, and 3 hours later...)
Her:are you free on Sunday
Me:what time
Normally I would say jump on a counter-offer, but this chick already has you in the friend zone. Decline the counter-offer for Sunday, and counter with taking her out to a bar for some drinks on another day. See if she plays ball. If she doesn't agree, throw her number away.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And what are your stratigies for flaking in general
I'm going to break down how to "handle" flaking. You don't. Flaking is completely unacceptable. Flaking is low interest. If a woman breaks a date, she must counter offer. If she doesn't immediately mention rescheduling, throw the number away. There is a special way to handle a late counter-offer (my current girlfriend that I met online flaked on the first date). Here is an example of the last chick I banged before I got hitched:

Met chick through a meet-up group. Exchanged numbers at the event. We schedule a date 7 days out (far, but I was busy and spinning other plates). I never call to verify. First dates for me are always 1 hour long, drinks or coffee at a location and time that is close to her. For reference, this chick lives 45 minutes away. Chick stood me up completely. Didn't show. I deleted her number.

The next day, the text exchange goes like this:

HB:OMG I'm so sorry I forgot about our plans yesterday. It was my birthday weekend and I was out with the girls. You didn't text me all week so I forgot."
Me: It's cool no worries

<no response>

She calls me 2 days later. Her number isn't saved, so I answer "who is this?" She goes on to try to talk to me and apologize for breaking the date. I play it cool and say I'm a little busy but it sounds like you want to reschedule? (this is called a nudge) She agrees. I tell her a spot I know (literally a 2 minute drive from me, so ~45 minutes from her). She agrees and tells her to text the address, which I did when we I finished what I was doing.

She showed up at the date 15 minutes early, everything went smoothly and normal courtship resumed. The 2nd date was the original flake location. The 3rd date she brought food and liquor to my place and we ****ed.

Point is, if a woman flakes, it must be her idea to reschedule. She must also earn her way back in. Make her initiate, then negotiate her to invest something greater (in my situation it was driving distance) than the first offer and see if she complies. An honest broken date will find a way to reschedule.