Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hand Kissing???

Surfboard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
** The Hand Kiss **

In a social setting, even a casual Happy Hour, kissing the woman's
hand instead of shaking it on that first introduction can earn you
OODLES of Romance Points in her book. I do this as a matter of habit,
if the lady is at all charming and gives me any hint at all that she
won't freak about it.

Many years ago, talking with a female friend, the topic came up
somehow. She stated that she'd been talking with several girlfriends
not too long previously, and they had UNANIMOUSLY agreed that kissing
the lady's hand was the single most romantic gesture that a man could
make, and it ALWAYS got their attention when a guy did it.

My personal experience: I have NEVER had a negative reaction from a
lady on this. NEVER.

You don't have to do the deep bow you see in the movies. You actually
don't have to bow at all, although a LITTLE bit of one won't hurt. I
find it works even better if you can make eye contact at the moment or
instantly after.

And you get a very quick reading on whether she is used to having her
hand kissed or not, based on how quickly she reads the cue that this
is your intent and how she rides it.
What do you guys think about hand kissing?

Do you think it's good or bad?

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Surfboard:
** The Hand Kiss **

In a social setting, even a casual Happy Hour, kissing the woman's
hand instead of shaking it on that first introduction can earn you
OODLES of Romance Points in her book. I do this as a matter of habit,
if the lady is at all charming and gives me any hint at all that she
won't freak about it.

Many years ago, talking with a female friend, the topic came up
somehow. She stated that she'd been talking with several girlfriends
not too long previously, and they had UNANIMOUSLY agreed that kissing
the lady's hand was the single most romantic gesture that a man could
make, and it ALWAYS got their attention when a guy did it.

My personal experience: I have NEVER had a negative reaction from a
lady on this. NEVER.

You don't have to do the deep bow you see in the movies. You actually
don't have to bow at all, although a LITTLE bit of one won't hurt. I
find it works even better if you can make eye contact at the moment or
instantly after.

And you get a very quick reading on whether she is used to having her
hand kissed or not, based on how quickly she reads the cue that this
is your intent and how she rides it.
What do you guys think about hand kissing?

Do you think it's good or bad?
I think it's pretty lame!
But hey, if he wants to do that, whatever!
~Andy

------------------
“Patience is a virtue I do not have time for.”

NoMoreNiceGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried it before a long time ago and yes, I got nothing but positive responses to it. However, it won't do anything by itself other than make a good first impression. I didn't have any PU skills at the time so after the hand kiss I didn't get any farther with any of the women than I ever normally did before. Combine it with other skills and yes you will do well.

sara

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would not like it if a man kissed by hand instead of shaking it when we first met. But seeing as so many other women seem to by the posts above, I don't advise against it.

What I do LOVE is a nice, firm, confident hand shake. Just tonight I met a guy and he had a great handshake! I get annoyed by weak handshakers to barely grasp and don't make eye contact.

If you ever met me, a firm handshake would be the way to score points. If you kissed my hand I'de think it was very lame.

Sara http://www.getromantic.com

NoMoreNiceGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sara, I'm fairly new here but the one thing I've noticed is that just about every one of your posts seems to disagree with what actually works for men. Someone else pointed out that it's as if you can't stand the idea of guys actually knowing what works because you want women to maintain the control in dating. This one isn't as bad as some of the others but frankly, I don't believe you. As I stated before EVERY woman liked it when i did it. I think you're either full of it or there's just something wrong with you.

[This message has been edited by NoMoreNiceGuy (edited 04-16-2001).]

narnia96

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think hand kissing is good. I do it with my girlfriend, and the first time I did it she said i was a real gentleman. So personally i think it works and is a good idea. Good luck.

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a guy who does this regularly to women. He introduces himself and kisses their hand. He also gives big huge hugs to practically every woman he comes into contact with. Many times he actually apologizes to them for being too touchy-feely, of course, he still keeps doing it. How is this working for him? Lets just say, I haven't yet seen him get a negative response.

ChrisFl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
> Sara, I'm fairly new here but the one thing I've noticed is that just about every one of your posts seems to disagree with what actually works for men.

That's a common trait of female posters. Just do the opposite of what they recommend.

Reaction score
Well i would advise against the hand kiss when u first meet a girl(never tried it though) for the simple fact that i dont want some girl thinking i am some romantic chump sap that tries to hard.

Just my opinion. Not saying it doesnt work.

I agree with sara.

Poet

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I kiss my GF's hand now & then. I think it tells her a lot about how much she means to me. It's a nice gesture. When we R driving in the car I will take her hand & just kiss it. She loves it. It's not something U should do early on or too much tho. But once U R both comfortable with each other it is a great way to express your feelings. Poet

------------------
The cat that walks alone...

Poet

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I should clarify a bit. I never kissed her hand when I met her or early on, I think that is a little too much. I think it means more after U know a woman better. Poet

------------------
The cat that walks alone...

degauss

Don Juan
Reaction score
When in Rome, do as the romans do.

If the setting calls for it, or allows it, go for it, you've got nothing to lose. If the setting is more a handshake type of thing, go with the handshake...

ACTION

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NEANDERTHAL SUPERSOLDIER:
Well i would advise against the hand kiss when u first meet a girl(never tried it though) for the simple fact that i dont want some girl thinking i am some romantic chump sap that tries to hard.

Just my opinion. Not saying it doesnt work.

I agree with sara.
WHAT! NSS agreeing with Sara? Must be a cold day in Hell!

The first time I saw this in real life was when I was across the street from my old job. As I was going back to work at the entrance of the building was this cute co-worker and she was just returning to work from a lunch date. As the two parted, the guy gave her a kiss on the hand and she was gushing all over the joint. Ever since then I've always done this. It works! (Although, obviously, each setting is different.)

TheJazzThump

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of women say this about a handshake. And I can definately see the whole "trying too hard chump" thing going down, especially in a bar...it can be creepy with some women. But I think the hand kiss has it's definate advantages in given situations, such as poet described with it's casual use, or when the atmosphere compliments the romance of it; mostly those situations that come after the first meeting. But hey, if it works for ya right off, keep it.

BigBadJon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only tried this once and I lucked out on the timing of it getting me a HUGE amount of points.

My last LT girlfriend visited me at my house for the first time, before we were a couple, during the time we were just starting to hang out.

I walked her out to her car. She got in, and as I was telling her goodbye I grabbed her hand and tenderly kissed the back of it. She MELTED. Those were her words, she told me later.

Hand kissing is too full on for just meeting a chick, but well timed it works great once you have rapport.

sara

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasn't saying "don't do it", i was saying I don't like it, just giving my opinino. I still hold to what I said, i think it's lame. If a boyfriend or guy i was dating did it it would probably be different, but if some guy introduced himself to me at a bar or anywhere i was meeting for him for the first time I"de think it was lame and corny, and much too "smooth".

one more thing, i'm not saying the opposite of the truth to deceive you men. I'm giving you my opinion. All women are different and I'de bet a lot of money that I"m not the only woman who has the same opinions as me.

And what works for "picking up" is different depending on the type of woman you want. If you want an easy lay for a one night stand then you'de probably be a little different than if you were trying to score a date with a respectable woman. And you'de also be hitting on two separate women.

[This message has been edited by sara (edited 04-17-2001).]

latiness

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say dont do it right off the bat when you first meet the girl...I would go with what Sara said "the firm handshake" and look directly at her when you do it... If you feel that you MUST do the kiss on the hand, I would wait until the end as youre about to leave to do it..The reason why I say this is simply because Ive seem to many Chumps use the kiss the hand right off the bat method... so I dont want to be put into that same catagory....

NoMoreNiceGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there is something very Important going on in this thread that everyone here should pay attention to.

Every guy that's actually tried it is reporting positive results while only the guys that haven't say it would be "lame" Even the only female here says "IF a guy were to do it, I would think it was lame " Clearly meaning that no guy has ever done it for her. In reality if some guy did she'd probably melt.

The point is that the following should apply to ALL techniques on pickup/seduction. And that is basically: DON'T KNOCK IT TILL YOU'VE TRIED IT.

I used to make this mistake big time. I was so hung up on being a nice guy that when ever someone told me somethig that didn't fit into that I would say Bull****! and ignore it. The fact that these were the guys getting women and I wasn't didn't even seem to occur to me.

I think any time someone shares something that actually works we should pay very close attention and give it a shot. Lame or not.

One last thing. As far as the hand kissing. You can use it to come across extremely confident if you do it this way. Don't bend over and look at the hand when you kiss it. Look her straight in the eyes the whole time and bring her hand up to your mouth so you don't have to break eye contact while you do it. They'll melt on the inside.

roadwarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting post. I had never done it or ever thought about it until the other night.

I was out at a dance club with some friends. A girl I had never met until recently was sitting at a table by herself. I sensed she was very depressed over something. I approached her and asked if she was alright. She said she had been fighting with her boyfriend and was considering breaking it off altogether. I tried to comfort her, suggesting things may not be as bad as they seemed and to wait until at least the next morning when the alcohol wore off before making any 'rash' decisions. At this point, I, unconsciously, almost instinctively, gently kissed the back of her hand. I wasn't trying to pick her up or acting desperate or anything like that. I was feeling admiration and respect for her at that moment and I well just...did it.

I asked her to save me a dance for later. She said she would.

I never thought any more about her until much later in the evening. I was having a ball, dancing with at least a dozen different girls. Women were approaching me and hitting on me from all over the place. Hell, even the one girl I want to date(she has a boyfriend already...damn it!) was constantly watching me.

Later, after the band had stopped playing, I was back at my table chatting with my friends again. Someone pointed out that the girl was still seated alone at her table. I immediately remembered that I had asked her to save me a dance. I hadn't followed it up. I had completely forgotten. The jukebox was playing some slow song so I went to her table and asked her to dance then and there. She accepted and we waltzed right there by her table, in front of the bar. After the dance, she nestled up to my shoulder and said she wished the song had lasted longer. She then did what I had done to her much earlier in the evening. She gently kissed the back of my hand, I think maybe just to say thankyou or whatever.

Anyway, I can definitely say it was not a negative experience for me. I don't think the other women there had me pegged as a desperate, drooling dog. Their actions suggested quite the opposite.

Just some food for thought!!!