Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hallmark Ad

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you seen the controversy over the Hallmark Channel ad that featured two brides kissing?

They aired this lesbian ad, and some conservative groups complained because they didn't think it was family friendly. So they pulled it. But then they really got in trouble, because the LGBTQ people didn't like that they pulled the ad. So Hallmark is going to reinstate them and have apologized for pulling them.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hallma...einstate-commercials-after-outcry-2019-12-15/

This is an interesting clash of values. That's the way things are in today's PC world. You have to promote LGBTQ values, or you are labeled a bigot or worse. There was a time not at all long ago that this would not be considered appropriate for something children would be able to view.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only insane people, try to make everyone happy.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only insane people, try to make everyone happy.
They definitely seemed to be in a damned if you do, damned if you don't type of situation. In today's PC media-driven world, they took the lesser of two evils and decided to p!ss off the conservatives rather than the LGBTQ people. It's the safer route.

You can hardly watch TV at all these days without seeing a gay or lesbian couple as part of the characters, often explicitly. The question is are we more enlightened, or sinking into degeneracy?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They definitely seemed to be in a damned if you do, damned if you don't type of situation. In today's PC media-driven world, they took the lesser of two evils and decided to p!ss off the conservatives rather than the LGBTQ people. It's the safer route.

You can hardly watch TV at all these days without seeing a gay or lesbian couple as part of the characters, often explicitly. The question is are we more enlightened, or sinking into degeneracy?
From my perspective, homosexuality and bestiality are equal. They both do not promote the continuation of the human race.

And, a broken society that honors bad behavior and disfunction, should not be respected.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my perspective, homosexuality and bestiality are equal. They both do not promote the continuation of the human race.
There's a recent post here talking about how the low birth rate is hurting the economy. Certainly promoting homosexual relationships does nothing to increase the birth rate, and that affects society in a large number of ways, because the tax payers are not being replaced.

I don't think gay people should be persecuted, but I don't think homosexuality should be promoted. I don't think people should be recruited to be gay, which I think is what's going on. Besides which, all the gender blending stuff just continues to tear down traditional gender roles, which leads to more feminine men and more masculine women.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a recent post here talking about how the low birth rate is hurting the economy. Certainly promoting homosexual relationships does nothing to increase the birth rate, and that affects society in a large number of ways, because the tax payers are not being replaced.

I don't think gay people should be persecuted, but I don't think homosexuality should be promoted. I don't think people should be recruited to be gay, which I think is what's going on. Besides which, all the gender blending stuff just continues to tear down traditional gender roles, which leads to more feminine men and more masculine women.
Yep, people can do whatever they want. Just don't expect me to be happy about it.

I've had gay friends in the past, so the finger pointing bit, is a 'non issue'.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From a marketing standpoint, one would think that it's better to lose a lower consumer base of the LGBTQ community than a larger community of conservatives. Then again, one must factor in that the majority conservative base my not be as apt to boycott a product based on their marketing. The LGBTQ community, however, may be more consumer conscious.

And then there's the question of... is it all about marketing or is it about an agenda?

Most viewers here are too young to remember television's "rural purge" (an actual term) from 1970. I was just a kid back then, but anyway... Although many of these show's would appear "corny" by today's standards (Beverly Hillbillies, Gomer Pyle show , Mayberry RFD, Green Acres etc..) ... in 1970, these shows were still very high on the nielson ratings. It was a proven formula and as the saying goes, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" but there was a big programming change this particular year.

In other words, these shows (whether we currently find them entertaining or not) were big money makers for the networks and sponsors. Yet, in 1970, the majority of these tv shows were replaced with more 'metropolitan' type shows. This purge would appear to be more than about money (they weren't losing revenue) and instead, more about changing a social conscious landscape.

Getting back to the Hallmark channel, in view of past network history, it does make a person question the motives.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Men who aren’t genetically blessed or don’t know how to attract women are not able to promote the continuation of the human race either, should they be equated to having sex with animals?

They aired this lesbian ad, and some conservative groups complained because they didn't think it was family friendly. So they pulled it. But then they really got in trouble, because the LGBTQ people didn't like that they pulled the ad. So Hallmark is going to reinstate them and have apologized for pulling them.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hallma...einstate-commercials-after-outcry-2019-12-15/

This is an interesting clash of values. That's the way things are in today's PC world. You have to promote LGBTQ values, or you are labeled a bigot or worse. There was a time not at all long ago that this would not be considered appropriate for something children would be able to view.
‘1,000,000 Moms campaigned to have it removed.” I guess 1,000,000 Dads had no issue with it.

Hallmark CEO: ‘Hey guys, let’s make an ad showing 2 people getting married.”
Advertiser: “We made three, one is a male female couple out of college, one is 44 year old guy and 34 year old woman. The third one is a Lesbian couple.”
CEO: “I think the 3rd one is the most effective, it won’t cause us any backlash or controversy and will make us the most money.”
Advertiser: “OK”
CEO: “And make sure the Lesbian couple kisses after they say I do.”
Advertiser: “Boss, this is 30 second commercial from Hallmark about love. It isn’t an R rated movie for horny young adults.”
CEO: “Doesn’t matter. All publicity is good publicity. It will get the consumers juices flowing.”
Advertiser: “OK’

I mean why even go there in the first place? Keep everything the same and make it a hetro couple in love. Don’t be messing around with lesbians and stuff, it’s only going to backfire.

Unless Hallmark did it on purpose and all publicity is good publicity.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean why even go there in the first place? Keep everything the same and make it a hetro couple in love. Don’t be messing around with lesbians and stuff, it’s only going to backfire.
Well, it's actually a Zola.com commercial, it was only airing on the Hallmark Channel until they decided to pull it. Zola is in the wedding business. I suppose with the decline of heterosexual marriage in our society, it's in the interest of Zola to encourage same sex marriages. If they can grow that trend, it's more business for them, especially if they are seen as being friendly and supportive of the LGBTQ community.

From a marketing standpoint, one would think that it's better to lose a lower consumer base of the LGBTQ community than a larger community of conservatives.
I'm not sure what percentage of conservatives would find a same sex marriage distasteful? I'm sure they would be more likely to dislike it than their liberal counterparts though.

By the way, I remember the "rural purge" well, old bastard that I am. Supposedly it was part of CBS trying to update their image, but it might have been an early example of an attack on traditional values. One of the shows you didn't mention was one that had the most eye candy, Petticoat Junction lol.

logicallefty

Reaction score
From my perspective, homosexuality and bestiality are equal. They both do not promote the continuation of the human race
And, a broken society that honors bad behavior and disfunction, should not be respected.
Oh no, gay men rock. For every two men that shack up, there are two women left in the free pool of women for me. If all men in the world were gay, I could have any women I wanted, or all of them, with mathematical certainty!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If all men in the world were gay, I could have any women I wanted, or all of them, with mathematical certainty!
They could always all turn lesbian.

logicallefty

Reaction score
They could always all turn lesbian.
Well sh!t then If that happened hopefully I could at least find at least two hot lesbos that would let me grab a towel and watch :rofl: