Haha, funny times at the gym.

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Was with my friend today, doing a leg workout, and first up was some squats. 3X3.

My friend is slightly stronger then me at lower body, but I have always been able to do the weight he puts on.

Well, anyways, second set, 295lbs, my form was a little off. I went down, didn't keep my head up, and promptly went head first down only the saftey blocks they had just for people like me.

The whole gym, which was my school gym so the baseball team was in their lifting, kind of stops and looks at me and my friend. Then a coach approaches me as everyone continues to lift:

"You OK son?"
"Yea, I am fine, my form was off and at least now I know where my max is at"
"Alright, but I am going to put some spotters with you"

Oi, that stunk. I put on a weight belt, move up to 315 (3 45's on each side) and pumped out 3 more reps with my friend helping me along with another baseball player as I really made sure my form was good. It was faaar to much weight for me to do effectivly; the coach mentioned I would have gotten a better workout with a lower weight. I agree with him.

As my friend put it:
"It was kind fo slow motion; you went to push up, and doubled over and kind of went blaaah *Does hand motion for me falling over*"

Lets hear some of your embarressing stories.

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ohh man heizen, that's embarrasing as hell...!

Well I remember when I was about to do some skull crushers. I used three metal plates on each side and fastened them with fastening things. Then I started pumping and on one of the reps where I got the bar a little to the side the fastening stuff just loosened... To my horror I saw how the plates began to move to the end of the bar and I could do nothing then of course all three plates fell to the ground and I bet many in the gym started looking. The weight then was disproportional to one side so it start to fall to the ground and I could do nothing to stop it so I rolled off the bench and fell down with a sound strong enough to wake the hounds of hell. That was damn funny (ie. embarrasing) when it happened :]