Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Had to put my family cat down

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow... You know. I thought it was going to be easier than I anticipated. We had our ragdoll siamese cat for 8 years. Best cat ever. Almost like he was an old soul and understood you when you spoke to him like a human. Always there when things were ****ty. He was no ordinary cat. He was almost human in the way he looked at you or hung around as part of family conversations etc.

Last few weeks had been hell... Force feeding and meds etc. Took him to vet because he was struggling to breath and acting weird. His chest cavity was full of fluid and the diagnosis was congestive heart failure and kidney disease and we didn't catch any of it in time. The vet drained his chest cavity of fluid. Found many lumps. Cat stayed at vet for 3 days. Wouldn't eat. Came home for two weeks started eating and drinking a bit but quickly declined. Prognosis was very bleak but the vet had bought us some time to say good bye. Got a bit better but the quickly faded to choking and drowning in his own lungs. Was horrible to see him struggle to breath and gag and weeze and then he had a seizure right in front of my wife and kids. Wtf.... Kids crying.. Wife crying. All of us wanted his suffering to end.

That was it. Couldn't let him suffer any longer. Took him to vet and prognosis was a few days at best. So I made the decision to end it. I almost stopped it when the cat pulled away from the vet when he was about to poke him with the needle and cuddled me close. But gave the vet back his paw and held him close. Vet eauthinized him and he died in my arms in seconds.

Never have I seen my household so upset. I cried like a little fvcking girl. Wtf.. I'm a hunter and I can kill deer and other wild life... Why couldn't it have felt like that? So sad...

Epi

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You did the right thing. Cats can be like part of the family. Some moreso than others. You have my condolences, brother.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Its good to see some people here still have a heart and are not all cold and calous.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sad news.

This is a reminder for everyone to always do breed research. Ragdolls and Siamese dont make it much past 10 years. Many dont even get up to 10 years. And they have a lot of health issues at their later stages. Its tough and something I think about now when desiring a new pet.

Someone I know go a really small breed of dog, but only after buying it and falling in love with it did the owner find out the life expectancy was 4 to 6 years.

RIP kitty cat.

Best of luck OP.