"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Had the weirdest first call

StrayCat

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 17, 2018
Messages
176
Reaction score
48
Age
50
Had the weirdest first call for a few minutes. I originally asked if she'd like to get a drink sometime, she said sure, give me a call and we'll set something up. I called her, it went to VM. She called me back and the call lasted a few minutes. I asked a few questions about her, her travels and her work. She recently went to France, so I tried to expand on that, but she wouldn't expand at all. What did you like, everything. What do you remember about it? She was silent. I tried to talk about things she likes to do after work, so she said she likes to cook. Cool I said, what are some of your favorite dishes? She said she didn't have any and this is starting to feel like an interview. She then said she actually has to get her clothes out of the dryer and hung up.

I am at a loss for words here. Anyone chime in? Anything I asked, little response. It was very awkward as there was nothing for me to build on.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
1,797
Reaction score
1,218
If a woman cannot hold a conversation, then she's just wasting both your and her time. If she said something as lame as that, she was just using you to feed her ego and take up some of her free time. It takes TWO PEOPLE to have a conversation. When you are on a first call or meet, you have to ask questions and then learn from her answers. Sounds like a gem. Trust when I say she did you a favor. Just delete her number and move on. Not worth thinking about it.
 

The Diver

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2017
Messages
572
Reaction score
608
I am at a loss for words here. Anyone chime in? Anything I asked, little response. It was very awkward as there was nothing for me to build on.
Some women are boring as fu*ck, and it's really hard sometimes to develop some interesting convo with them, whether it's online or on the phone.
For me, if it's online convo, and the convo going nowhere (one-word answers or boring answers ), to me it show lack of interest or really boring woman, either way, I move on.
 
Top