H&F Newbie

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't got a clue to exercise, never done it before (as a rigorous repeated routine), not fat, just developing a slight gut. Starting exercise for lent.

Looking for something free I can do at home to tone stomach and build up arms slowly. Would get gym membership but no job at the moment and when I go to Uni in 6 months the gym will be free there so I'll wait 'til then for a proper one.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Press ups
Squats
Sit ups
Prone bridges
Reverse Crunches
Burpees
Find something heavy and pick it up ;)

Do some running

A healthy diet is the best thing you can have to lose fat though

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheWayOfAllFlesh said:
Haven't got a clue to exercise, never done it before (as a rigorous repeated routine), not fat, just developing a slight gut. Starting exercise for lent.

Looking for something free I can do at home to tone stomach and build up arms slowly. Would get gym membership but no job at the moment and when I go to Uni in 6 months the gym will be free there so I'll wait 'til then for a proper one.
Some gyms allow guests for free on certain days. Plus you can get free week passes at times and just not sign up after they expire. You could walk into other gyms and just ask for a trial day or some ****.

Anyways it would be a good idea to at least invest in a bench/adjustable dumbbells. I say adjustable cause as you get stronger you want to buy more weights to keep your body always challenged. Thus keeping strength/growth going.

Fill buckets full of rocks do curls....duck tape gallons of water together and do tricep extensions/curls/shoulder presses. Hold them and do squats with them until you puke. lunges whatever. Get creative!!!

You could even lay on the floor and do chest presses with something heavy as long as it's challenging. http://www.rosstraining.com has lots of articles on bodyweight stuff .

Guys in prison do the stuff I mentioned and they build decent physiques with what they hae.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why the focus on your gut and your arms?

If you want to build decent, functional strenght, and lose weight, get a bag, fill it with sand till it weighs 40kg odd, put it on your shoulders and squat down with a straight back, as many times as you can, two or three times a week, that will provide a good workout for 2/3s of your muscles and you will lose weight as well if you eat right.

Read all the articles in the "where to start" thread, there is loads of amazing info there.

cure.