Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gym 7 Days a Week Has Made Me A Better Man

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I started doing a 7 day week program and I have made a lot of strength progress so far. I am able to lift a lot more and I feel a lot less tired after each session.

I'm doing Push,Pull,Legs,Push,Pull,Legs and cardio on my 7th day. I always see people advocating for rest days but i think if you work a different muscle group each day you already are technically resting.

Wasting an entire day doing nothing isn't going to speed up recovery anyways. I am aiming to put on as much lean muscle mass as possible.

I feel happier,less stressed and more confident since working out 7 days a week.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You should be lifting 3-5 days a week to maximize your gains. 7 days a week will only exhaust your muscles, especially if you are doing the same thing every day. You can dm me if you would like help with a more specific day-by-day plan. I was a personal trainer for many years, don’t be afraid to reach out.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started doing a 7 day week program and I have made a lot of strength progress so far. I am able to lift a lot more and I feel a lot less tired after each session.

I'm doing Push,Pull,Legs,Push,Pull,Legs and cardio on my 7th day. I always see people advocating for rest days but i think if you work a different muscle group each day you already are technically resting.

Wasting an entire day doing nothing isn't going to speed up recovery anyways. I am aiming to put on as much lean muscle mass as possible.

I feel happier,less stressed and more confident since working out 7 days a week.
How much volume are you doing each day?

I too do push pull legs, 5 or 6 days a week with some steady state/lower intensity cv at least once, depending on how I feel. Weights sessions 25 to 40 mins usually. Pre covid used to be 4 or 5 days, but now I have home gym, happy to do more as like lift it gives me. Sometimez train 4am, simetimes midday, 5pm, 10pm etc...love convenience/flexibility. 2 years of doing this and don't feel fatigued. Best shape of my life at 42. Full abs visible all year, single % body fat. No aches or pains.

Generally 7 days a week can be bad news for your cns, but depending on intensity/how close to failure you go, plus diet, work capacity threshold etc you can do more than 3 or 4 days without burning out/overtraining like some think is guaranteed.

Last edited:

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have suffered from overtraining syndrome 3 different times in my life. You need days off to recover or your body will begin to turn on you. If you enjoy being active go for very long... low intensity walks on your off days

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually take one day a week off from strenuous physical exercise a week.

But, my body has no issue with doing something lower intensity like taking an easy or moderate hike, or playing tennis. I don't think most men need to worry about over training. Under training is a far bigger problem for most men!

Reactions: B80

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually take one day a week off from strenuous physical exercise a week.

But, my body has no issue with doing something lower intensity like taking an easy or moderate hike, or playing tennis. I don't think most men need to worry about over training. Under training is a far bigger problem for most men!
Agree. Overtaining is totally overhyped. Yiu need to be doing some pretty extreme stuff over long periods to overtrain.

I sleep 5-7 hours most nights, train most days. Work 60 plus hours a week. diet is spot on. This is for years and years now too. No issues at all.