Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Guys here familiar with bartending and the nightlife scene, help me out!

Misterchaos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright guys, so I did some active looking around and I am facing a bit of a problem. The bars that seem to be hiring are not of my crowd, they are more like the corporate chains or older crowd bars. I was trying to find any work at a more younger hip sort of bar, nightclub or places of the sort. Anyone mind giving me some advice here?

Im familiar with atlanta nightlife. Go to the buckhead bars on irby Ave. It is a strip of bars maybe 8 or 10. High energy...mostly white but still diverse. Millennial crowd mostly college/post college. Walk in early around 8-9 on a Thursday/ Friday night when it is still dead and ask for a manager. I've been in that scene for years and know several bartenders and owners in the area. They are always looking for help they operate very much like a family too.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your insight man, I have been thinking of doing that.

The bars I want which are more of a younger party crowd seem to be uber-competitive to get into, only frat bros with connections seem to get those gigs. Been looking into some hipster type bars too and might try to go to some to look for a weekend gig if I can.

Must ask you a few questions though.

1. How old are you? When did you first start bartending?

2. Are you in the US?

3. What is the average age for bartenders like?
Im 35, in the UK. I'm having a bit of a career break and chilling out working in bars and stuff. Don't think age really matters so much. As long as you are legally old enough for your area. Like I said, location is important. There is a night and day difference between the number of hot chicks that come in to my new place, compared to the old one. I could literally take numbers every night if I needed to.

drakeisfire

Banned
Reaction score
Im familiar with atlanta nightlife. Go to the buckhead bars on irby Ave. It is a strip of bars maybe 8 or 10. High energy...mostly white but still diverse. Millennial crowd mostly college/post college. Walk in early around 8-9 on a Thursday/ Friday night when it is still dead and ask for a manager. I've been in that scene for years and know several bartenders and owners in the area. They are always looking for help they operate very much like a family too.
You have absolutely no idea how happy I am that you hopped in.

drakeisfire

Banned
Reaction score
Im 35, in the UK. I'm having a bit of a career break and chilling out working in bars and stuff. Don't think age really matters so much. As long as you are legally old enough for your area. Like I said, location is important. There is a night and day difference between the number of hot chicks that come in to my new place, compared to the old one. I could literally take numbers every night if I needed to.
Yeah I acknowledged that on my earlier post, the bars hiring all seem to be corporate old people places or really sketchy ones, neither of which have hot girls coming in. The bars I want to be at seem tough to get a role in because obviously, every dude wants a gig there.

35 is inspiring for sure man, I want to do what you are doing for a while lol. I am sure things are a bit different in the US age-wise but could be wrong, either ways, cool to hear from a bartender that isn't the typical dude right out of college in his twenties.

I'd love to learn more about getting the gig at the hot spots and the spots that have a high volume of younger party people, nightclub would be ideal for me in my twenties. Do you think you could bartend on top of a 9 to 5?