"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Guys, am I right to get pissed off?

RyanAD

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2019
Messages
24
Reaction score
5
Bit of background; my girlfriend of 14 months has this need to tell me everything, otherwise she feels guilty about it... it generally revolves around guys she's been with in the past, but really dumb stuff, like making out in a club or something - she's only ever slept with one guy prior to me.

It's like a weekly thing now where she say's she remembered something, like the time she made out with a guy in a club, and she needs to tell me about it because she walked past him at university and it reminded her of it. It's pretty much because she regrets her past and want's to be honest about it.

I've done alot of **** in the past that i'm not proud of, but if I get asked about it, i'm honest and then I move on... I don't fixate on things and 99% of the time I don't even remember because i've moved on and put it behind me.

I've ended up getting really pissed off because I don't need to constantly hear about every dumb time she's made out with a guy, I don't need that floating around my head while I've got other things to get on with. I told her we're not 12 years old, and that I don't need the highschool-like gossip of who-kissed-who and all that. That basically ended up in her getting really upset lastnight.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
Of course it pissed her off. You are perfectly valid in communicating to her that you don't care to hear about those things, but the way you did it was needlessly rude and insulting.

Further, there is a deeper message she is trying to express to you here in the typical covert way that women do. It will help you if you learn to seek to understand what that message is, so that you can evaluate how you feel about it and then how to response to her accordingly. For example, if the message is that she really, really likes you and is insecure that you finding out about something in her past is going to cause you to leave, then with that understanding, you might be better able to respond to her with kindness when you explain to her that you don't need to hear about it. Or if the message is that she's trying to make you jealous, then you can note that to yourself and potentially start disengaging from her because she's disqualifying herself to you. You know her better than I do, so you are the only one who can best determine her motives.
 
Last edited:

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
2,236
Reaction score
2,822
Age
48
She's coming from a place of insecurity like every other woman and she probably wants your absolution for what she thinks are her sins. You did put her in her place, which is necessary, some understanding conversation will help, but don't apologize. Never apologize.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
This girl I’m seeing off and on loves to talk about her exes in high school. No recent exes, but high school exes. I’m 36 and she’s 33 and about the third time she mentioned it in passing I thought to myself “this is weird she keeps doing this”. It was never deep stuff, but like I saw this badass classic car the other day and she said “my ex in high school had a car like that”. I’m thinking “damn if I can remember what any of my exes drove in high school”.haha I just found it weird she would randomly mention exes from so long ago but never recent ones. I finally asked her “do I bring out these high school flashbacks for you or something?” But I said it in a joking way. She got the message and apologized and said she didn’t realize she was talking so much about her exes, I told her it didn’t really bother me but I told her she was acting like a female Al Bundy (Polk High, 4 touchdowns in one game).haha
 
Top