Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Guy with Social Disorder

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres this guy that stays on the same floor as me in the dorm and hes has some serious social problems. He has trouble fitting in and hes told us (people on the hall) that were the first friends hes ever had in his life!

Hes opened up to us a good deal but hes one annoying son of a b*tch. He says some really akward stuff (that'll leave u thinking to yourself "did he just say that?"), he stands too close to people when he talks, he can't read body language for anything, he makes little things big deals, and tries to copy our behaviors to fit in (but it comes off really weird), i could keep going but i think the point has been made.

I've met a few people like him before (they just can't fit in) and i've learned theres actually a disorder for this called dyssemia. I read up on it and this really sounds like him, even though i'm no mental doctor.

Well this problem just doesn't go away on its own, it'll follow him all his life unless something is done. The bad thing is he doesn't realize hes off. So number 1 we need to let him know about his disorder and number 2 we need to give him an action plan to overcome it.

Well my question is how should we break this news to him without crushing him? I have a couple ideas but i would appreciate some other opinions.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think assigning an amateur diagnosis will help much. Just continue socializing with him and show good examples of behaving with people. When he makes something awkward like standing to close or else, just joke about it in a friendly way.

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't say anything about to him until if/when you've "earned the right" to say something about it. This is touchy-stuff that only a close friend/family member or professional should discuss with him. If you are willing to put-in the time and effort to earn his trust. THEN maybe he'll bring it up, and you can suggest he get proffesional help.

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Act like the cool jocks did in school and bully and physically assault him to make yourself feel superior.

Target_100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wolfie
Act like the cool jocks did in school and bully and physically assault him to make yourself feel superior.
bhaaaa!!

Jango_Xavier

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A kiwi in a very bad disguise of a dutchman :P
Well u could say that ive got dyssemia or whatever social disorder it is, well the 1st few encounters with people i come across as a fun social guy & they like me but, then i start being too open & talking about myself & about stupid things then they dont really like me after that but, still pretend to be friendly with me, also ive never really been able to fit in anywhere. Going to the doctor & see what advice he can give me :)

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Life-Trainee is right about making a joke about it. If he starts talking too close say something like:

"Whoa, a little close, do you want to make out with me or something?"

If he's never had friends before then he definitely needs your help. The morally wrong thing to do would be to shun him away. That would make his situation even worse.

FreeStyleZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
he has social anxiety disorder... steal him some capsules of paxil...

Caesar20

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by EFFORT
Theres this guy that stays on the same floor as me in the dorm and hes has some serious social problems. He has trouble fitting in and hes told us (people on the hall) that were the first friends hes ever had in his life!

Hes opened up to us a good deal but hes one annoying son of a b*tch. He says some really akward stuff (that'll leave u thinking to yourself "did he just say that?"), he stands too close to people when he talks, he can't read body language for anything, he makes little things big deals, and tries to copy our behaviors to fit in (but it comes off really weird), i could keep going but i think the point has been made.

I've met a few people like him before (they just can't fit in) and i've learned theres actually a disorder for this called dyssemia. I read up on it and this really sounds like him, even though i'm no mental doctor.

Well this problem just doesn't go away on its own, it'll follow him all his life unless something is done. The bad thing is he doesn't realize hes off. So number 1 we need to let him know about his disorder and number 2 we need to give him an action plan to overcome it.

Well my question is how should we break this news to him without crushing him? I have a couple ideas but i would appreciate some other opinions.
(In a lot of ways) The same **** is with me.
bad parents IMO and surroundings - i live in a 3-houses village, my only neighbours are my grandparents and my aunt (w/ her daughter).

suxx.