Guitarists

RamboCS

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else here utilizes the guitar as a tool for serenading their lady friends. I can learn pretty much anything easily, and my guitars are the first thing you see when you come in my room. Any suggestions?

For those of you looking for suggestions, I haven't tried these tunes yet, but I think they'd be pretty good if you played with the record.

Scorpions - No One Like You (The solos in the intro are quite easy, quite good sounding and lyrically the song is perfect for this kinda thing.)
HammerFall - Always Will Be (The introduction solo. Its in low-e tuning, which is kinda weird, but its quite the soulful little solo and its also very easy to play in standard or low e tuning.)
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (An obvious choice.)

Anyone else got any suggestions?

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just show off your skills, that always works.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is a very good weapon for seducing girls, I know because there is a dude in my class that plays guitar and sometimes when he brings it to school all the girls are around him and are just so fascinated by him. To bad the poor lad is an afc!

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
obviously if youre good at something useful, you will be able to use that to youre advantage.
but since im a guitar player ill give u some ideas :D

Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton

Wonderwall by Oasis

Wish you were Here by Pink Floyd

Red Hot Chili Peppers songs...such as Californication, Otherside, Under the Bridge

and cool solos you can do

play music she likes or sounds good generally.

Damian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, if you're a serious musician, try composing some of your own music. If a girl is interested in you, she'll ask you what you're playing, and you can dazzle her with your talent and display personality at the same time.

-Damian

KaminoSS

Don Juan
Reaction score
any hendrix

polly -- nirvana

eruption-- van halen ,, good song to make you seem damn good

black dog--- LED zeppelin

incubis stuff

it also depends on the girl and her taste.

but as damian send ur own stuff. (if its half decent) and decent chance of her sayin "can u write a song about me" so heads up on that 1

Reaction score
eric clapton's if I could change the world

some John Mayer sh*t, and overall if you f*ck around with chord progressions and a lot of alternate picking, you can produce some romantic sh*t..Well I do anyways.

BobbyJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
More Than Words by Extremeis a definie must learn

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something is a great one to learn

And chances are, at least from my experience, is that if you're playing a couple songs, someone will ask if you've ever written any of your own music. And if you have, you can milk it. Tell the girl that you'll play the song you wrote after you've gotten to know her better.

And one other tip, don't force your guitar playing on people. The other night, there was a birthday party for this girl and a couple of my buddies wrote a song for her which went over pretty well. A little later in the night, an AFC, let's call him Bill, took my friends guitar and started playing to get attention. No one asked him to play, and no one cared that he was playing. Well actually, they did care because he was playing really loud, and people were trying to have conversations.

Guitar is fun and cool, but it shouldn't be the sole thing that defines you.

BobbyJ

KaminoSS

Don Juan
Reaction score
little off topic but wondering : what guitars you all play what amps, ect done any modifications to yours, and 1 more thing, whould you recomend any single coil pickupsm for a strat ( i play sabbath n metallica like stuff mainly) i wa sthinkin of the duncenn hot rails

RamboCS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, I write quite a bit of original material. Mostly metal, but some funk too, as well as some epics that exceed 18 minutes in length. Don't think I'd ever bust that one out though, its a wee bit long.

cablecow15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my friends all have girlfriends because of there guitar
so thats what drew me into it (even though i still cant play)

NoNickname

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cablecow15
my friends all have girlfriends because of there guitar
so thats what drew me into it (even though i still cant play)
Wow...
I'm good at playing the guitar.
I think I'd better show off my skills a little bit more often. But the problem is, there are scarcely any guitars where I go to school.

Nick11

Don Juan
Reaction score
All the girls at my school seem to be immuned to musical talent. Or at least all the hot ones. It pisses me off.

frisco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you play acoustic learn some bad ass songs take you guitar to a party if there drunk u can get them to sing i no a few guys that pull this of pretty good and the girls love it cause your the center of attention

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Greenday - Time fo Yoru Life
i dont play guitar. btu i have been told by my college-buddy: play that song n she'll have drop her clothes 30 seconds into the song.

Haboob

Don Juan
Reaction score
See the thing is you have to be able to play the song! ;) Stairway of Heaven, or any solo for that matter is bloody hard. Well at least they are for me at the moment.

What's so special about Time Of Your Life?? Its easy and not exactly the greatest song...

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stairway to heaven?
come on guys, how many girls appreciate that kind of music? not many. Its good music...but chicks don't see that.
now pop-punk like Greenday, chicks appreciate. They eat that sh!t up. If your playing a song specifically to a girl, I'm gonna say that accoustic is the way to go as well[unless she -likes- electric].
just my opinions.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Patrick124
Stairway to heaven?
come on guys, how many girls appreciate that kind of music? not many. Its good music...but chicks don't see that.
now pop-punk like Greenday, chicks appreciate. They eat that sh!t up. If your playing a song specifically to a girl, I'm gonna say that accoustic is the way to go as well[unless she -likes- electric].
just my opinions.
I agree. If you're going to pick any Zeppelin song it should be The Rain song (Physical Graffiti, track 2), of course you're gonna have to sing it too.

And just for kicks learn to play Tribute by Tenacious D.

RamboCS

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know several Tenacious D tunes. **** Her Gently, Dio, and Wonderboy.