Guitar - An extra weapon

Reaction score
This is my first thread of my own, but hopefully I have something good to share with you all.

As you can probably tell by my user name, I'm a guitar player. I'm majoring in music composition and minoring in guitar performance, so it's kinda my thing. And let me tell you...

It drives the ladies wild :D

For as cheap as 130 bucks or so, you can get a decent acoustic guitar at your local Guitar Center or music store. Buy one of those "all-in-one" packs that come with a strap, a case, an instructional video, picks, strings, etc, for like 160-170 bucks and you're good to go. Websites like My Songbook and Mx Tabs have vast libraries of tablature for every song and band you can think of. Reading tab is way easier than learning musical notation, don't worry... and it can be mastered in minutes.

Now for the good part. Find songs/bands the HB you're working on likes and learn 'em. Next time you've got her alone, break out the guitar and serenade her. Even if you're total **** at the guitar, if you've been playing for a couple months and have a decent grasp of the song you're trying to play, she will LOVE it. I've had some of my most memorable closes with a guitar in my hands (but not for long... heh heh).

Besides, taking up a new hobby like guitar is a great way to get your mind off the game for a while, if that's what you need. Expanding yourself is always a great idea, and you can take it from me that this is definitely a worthwhile skill.

Who knows? Maybe you'll end up really liking guitar and getting really good at it. Then you can write a song and tell every HB that comes by that you wrote it for them. Believe me, their panties may just melt off at that.

After you've been playing for 6 months to a year, start your own band! Get together with some friends, write some cool songs, then call up local bars and clubs... you'd be surprised how easy it can be to score gigs. And guess how much all the girls in the club want on those sex gods playing rock 'n roll onstage.

There ya go... the art of macking through guitar :cool:

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Word to that man. Word to that. :)

I hope you could help me with a problem.

Up until about 6 months ago I was mainly macking russian girls with my guitar. Then the situation changed and suddently I am macking canadian girls, but it sound peculiar when I sing the song in russian, then translate it to english whispering into the ear of a HB. :D

What are good songs to play solo on acoustic guitar? Something romantic or fun and jokin.

GUITAR IS THE MACKING STICK!

Reaction score
Hell, you're in Toronto, learn some Rush songs :D I love Rush!

Okay okay... here's some of the songs that have gotten me the best action when I play 'em for the ladies... enjoy!

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Green Day - Time of Your Life
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue or Road Trippin' or Californication or any of their wimpy ****
Rush - The Trees
Foo Fighters - Everlong
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
Stone Temple Pilots - Plush (acoustic)

Some of these are lame songs, but girls tend to like them. Suck it up and learn them. Others, like the Metallica song and the Rush song are great to learn anyway.

If you're just starting out on guitar, learn songs by Nirvana and Sublime. Instantly recognizable, and unbelievably easy to play. The first song I ever learned to play was "Come As You Are" by Nirvana.

divega

Don Juan
Reaction score
But anyways, yea. Guitar works... but I think I'm one of the few people my age who actually play it for enjoyment and not to score chicks. But to anyone who wants a quick and easy way to meet girls, six stringed samurai's got a point. Guitar is a great in.
And if you don't get chicks, hell you got one hell of an instrument to play.

Donjuanpablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guitars good.

But you're a fvcking loser if you're gonna play it just to attract women.

grungeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I love guitar and I think everyone should at least try it out. I can't believe I almost never started.
But yeah, crotchsniffer you totally showed me something. In tylerdurden's post Most spastic late night ramblings he talks about how Internally Centered people will laugh at things people say that is obviously just messing around. In your case it was really only funny because you went so far as to make a song but it is cool that most the people didn't take it seriously. I think everyone should read his archive at http://fastseduction.com/archives/ (the post I am talking about may not be in it)

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Six-String Samurai
Hell, you're in Toronto, learn some Rush songs :D I love Rush!
"Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand!":D

WizardOfOz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Six-String Samurai I hear you brother.

Being able to play a musical instrument is a shyte load of fun and another thing to pull out of your little bag of tricks when tuning the ladies.

One friend of mine somehow seems to find himself walking through hotel lobbies on his dates on a regular basis. Whenever he sees a free piano he jumps on the thing and becuase he's actually quite good at it he's never been asked to stop playing. It scores him HUGE bonus points with his date.

trevor2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
GUITAR IS USELESS

I've been playing for 4 years! The first 2 and a half years GIRLS NEVER GAVE A $HIT ABOUT ME OR MY GUITAR!

I guess it was because I love playing Metal (ie. Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, etc......) and chicks don't dig metal!

I wouldn't waste my time playing songs I don't enjoy just for some chick.

Thats just my experience!

I agree with the "rock star" thing you said though. Groupies rule!! hehe

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
trevor - are you one of those dudes with distortion pedal and 2000 watt amplifier? :D

It works when you're camping, or when 2 girls 2 guys are chillin at your place. It turn attention to you and if the song is romantic, it turns something wet...

Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
"Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand!":D
Uh oh, I have a new best friend :D

Glad some people could agree with me. It's worked well for me, just wanted to pass on the tip.

Rad

Don Juan
Reaction score
The guitar ain't as mackin as the keyboard. Oh yeah.

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
I once caught a flame on my gay thread
Crotch said that my poor Mumsie gave head
So I cried and cried as the days did pass
But I smile when I think of that Crotch Sniffers ass

Ohhhhhh! Whyyyyyyyy?
Why do I feel so confused?
I once loved the pvssy and boobs-
Now my mind is a straying to hairy balls swayin,
as I grab some fresh napkins and lube
Hahahahahaha. This guy's funny as hell.

Actually, I find that freestyle rapping can also get you lots of girls. I used to freestyle for my gf, at first I dissed her then I made it nice, and she loved it. And roasting certain negros who think they're great in battles certainly gets your name known.

The ILLEST Korean freestyle rapper ever
-Dan

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Six-String Samurai
Uh oh, I have a new best friend :D

Glad some people could agree with me. It's worked well for me, just wanted to pass on the tip.
Beauty 'eh? I had an old Ovation electric acoustic at my friend's shop at our local Renaissance Festival. I played a few cuts from A Farewell to Kings and a couple from Caress of Steel and 2112.

The people started gathering around and the women seemed really interested. I couldn't lay it on real thick since my GF was there too. It was a riot when I started playing and singing The Trees, everyone thought it was a period piece! :p

trevor2003

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ice Cold
trevor - are you one of those dudes with distortion pedal and 2000 watt amplifier? :D

It works when you're camping, or when 2 girls 2 guys are chillin at your place. It turn attention to you and if the song is romantic, it turns something wet...
kinda, i have an ibanez guitar and a peavey 5150 combo (it's really big and really loud)

i like to stay away from that romantic stuff though, it's not me and girls would see it as either AFC or just me trying to get laid!

:rolleyes:

grungeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trevor2003
i like to stay away from that romantic stuff though, it's not me and girls would see it as either AFC or just me trying to get laid!

Same here. It would feel so wrong playing John Mayer to impress a girl. Are you in a band?

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by trevor2003

Yeah, I know...

People might think you like girls or something...

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, its such a terrible thing to try to get laid.

K Street

Don Juan
Reaction score
John Mayer is an a$$clown.