Guilty of Misreading Your Dates!?

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
I probably would have made the same inference as the date guy. Her ordering a coke without an explaination as to why she didnt feel like a drink came off as a bit rude, as if she wanted to eat dinner and bounce.
Making a decision about the chemistry of a situation based on a beverage selection is moronic.

There are a billion reasons for someone to not want a drink at any given time -- I know plenty of people who have deep family alcoholism histories that choose not to drink. I certainly wouldn't expect THAT information to ever come up casually with someone on a first time out.

The people involved in this article sound dull and interesting, but the basic point is very good: Stop trying to over analyze and just enjoy yourself.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
If I actually am really impressed with a guy, or infatuated, I don't refer to him as future anything. He becomes "soulmate".
The prosecution rests it's case.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
"Hello, I have nothing else going on in my life so i'm willing to just stand outside in a parking lot talking for 4.5 hours on a whim as if i am one of your girl friends. Please like me."

'I like talking to you. You are such a great friend!'

Did you make action? (no you stood in a parking lot)
Did you kino to communicate interest and gauge hers?
Did you bust on her?

No? Okay, you're just another guy (girl) to chit chat with.
Well, not quite like you said all of the above as if you were there watching, but thanks for trying to analyze the situation of matter over the net :yawn: Not even in the ball park. It's a little more complex than that.

But hey, it all got resolved, so its all good. And I feel good about how it turned out. She on the other hand I think is upset. Not my problem anymore. On to better things.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
The prosecution rests it's case.
I thought I had to be informed that I was on trial. So that I could have my own defense lined up.

I always think its funny when men don't realize women can be FUNNY, and take everything they say as completely serious.

BTW, that is a huge turn off. Makes me think the guy is slow, or something.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL!
Well, you sure fooled me.
I though you were serious.
I mean, IMO who am I to dictate your views? If you want to look at a guy like that, do it.

Next time , just put a smiley, Iqqi.
I'm serious.
You think we can always tell from text exactly your intent and emotions?

Hmmm...you're not one of those "slow" girls, are you?

BTW, you still haven't answered my request for a million dollars and Salsa night on Saturday, God.

So what's it gonna be God...er..."soulmate"?

:crackup:

You keep ignoring me and I'll have to start a thread!
I'm serious! Don't push me! I'll do it too!

"Why Is Iqqi ignoring me? Waaaaa..."
:cry:

"Dude, you need more kino on her!"

Dude, you're not being sexual enough!"

"Dude, next the tramp!"

"Dude, do more C+F on her!"

:crackup: :moon:

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I thought I had to be informed that I was on trial. So that I could have my own defense lined up.

I always think its funny when men don't realize women can be FUNNY, and take everything they say as completely serious.

BTW, that is a huge turn off. Makes me think the guy is slow, or something.
But see you're notvery funny. You don't really have a good sense of humor sorry to tell you. BTW, girls who think they're funny but aren't is a huge turnoff. Makes me think they're a b1tch or something.:D

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you guys think that a woman jokingly referring to all men as her future husband or soulmate, (you know, making fun of her gender), is really that serious?

Just wondering.

Its also ok when you don't get my humor. In real life, it serves as a great filter for who I would get along with or not. AKA, a qualifier.

Hi, Interceptor. I see you. But I'm not putting a bunch of smiley faces in every post. That's wack.

StevenR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What exactly is the difference between a "date" and hanging out? I mean, you have to meet a woman sometime and socialize with her for the first time, so when is socializing and doing something with her considered a date and when is it not? It is not like you can just start talking to her when you first meet her and take her home right then and there and fvck her.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
StevenR said:
What exactly is the difference between a "date" and hanging out? I mean, you have to meet a woman sometime and socialize with her for the first time, so when is socializing and doing something with her considered a date and when is it not? It is not like you can just start talking to her when you first meet her and take her home right then and there and fvck her.
Hahaha, :) .

Some guys just call it something else to feel more comfy. It is pretty much the same thing, and everything is what you make it.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
-

A "date," Steve, is when you make a big plan, and you cleanup nice, and show up at her door, maybe with some trinket or flowers, and you open her car doors (that's really ok, BTW), and you take her to a nice dinner, and you suck up, don't bust on her, and act all AFC. You then drive to the movies or the theatre, where you do all the same sh*t. Then, you drive her home, and get a little kiss-n-hug at her door, and you go home and think about it all for a while. Then, you beat off, and go to sleep. You might call her up before you go to sleep, but she doesn't answer.

A "hanging out," on the other hand, is when you tell a chick to come over, or tell her you are coming over to her place, and then you do whatever you want. And you put a move on her. And you either have sex or you don't. Whatever. Then, when you've been with her as long as you've wanted to (sex or no sex), you leave, or tell her to leave, depending on where you are.

That's the difference between a date and hanging out.

-
-
-

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want the truth!?

iqqi said:
So you guys think that a woman jokingly referring to all men as her future husband or soulmate, (you know, making fun of her gender), is really that serious?
There's an element of truth in every joke, that's what creates the humor.

It's not so much that the 'future husband' or 'soulmate' references are taken as serious declarations, as it is the element of truth that exists behind the humor.

That element of truth is what's on trial here. That truth is that most women are seeking to ensnare a man in marriage, despite the way they'll downplay their ultimate intentions through the social veil of humor.

The comment that's funny between two women might be obnoxious to men for the same reason the women are amused - the passive-aggressive message between the lines.

StevenR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A "hanging out," on the other hand, is when you tell a chick to come over, or tell her you are coming over to her place, and then you do whatever you want. And you put a move on her. And you either have sex or you don't. Whatever. Then, when you've been with her as long as you've wanted to (sex or no sex), you leave, or tell her to leave, depending on where you are.
I think I understand, one is much more formal, chivalry and all that other stuff, and the other is more casual. My only question is how easy is it to get a woman you barely know, perhaps met online or got her number and are talking to her on the phone, how easy is it to convince her to "come over to your place"? That seems like it would be kinda scary for a chick who barely knows the guy, to come over to his place. And isn't sex implied pretty much when she goes over to your place? If you go to her place don't you have to be invited first? Or do you guys get away with inviting yourself over?
I am serious in asking this, I never just invited a chick I barely knew to my place because I didn't think she would be up for it if we didn't go on a date or two first.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
StevenR said:
I think I understand, one is much more formal, chivalry and all that other stuff, and the other is more casual. My only question is how easy is it to get a woman you barely know, perhaps met online or got her number and are talking to her on the phone, how easy is it to convince her to "come over to your place"? That seems like it would be kinda scary for a chick who barely knows the guy, to come over to his place. And isn't sex implied pretty much when she goes over to your place? If you go to her place don't you have to be invited first? Or do you guys get away with inviting yourself over?
I am serious in asking this, I never just invited a chick I barely knew to my place because I didn't think she would be up for it if we didn't go on a date or two first.
-
-
-

And THAT's your problem.

WHAT does "a 'date' or two first" MEAN?

Think about it, Steve.

Do you think you have to "take her out", with the usual formalities, TWICE, before hitting on her?.

Your situation may be outside my experience, because I've never done any dating from online stuff, and, honestly, I don't know the "rules" for that stuff. My myspace page is almost strictly for communication with friends, and just to stay in the loop, so i dunno 'bout all this too much.

And NO..... what I wrote about "date" versus "hangout" above WASN'T so much about formality or casualness, or whatever, IT WAS ABOUT AFC vs. BEING a MAN.

Read it again. What were the RESULTS of each?

I'll bet you can get some b*tch online to come over to your place and f*ck you tonight. I'm not really sure, because I don't know that stuff. And I don't know how good your game is. But I'd bet you CAN. YOU. YOU can. And why should you take her on a DATE? Just move on it, man!!!!!!!!

Who gives a sh*t if she's "scared" or you barely know her? Her problem. A lot of girls LIKE to be "scared."

Dude, you gotta butch up.

-
-
-

StevenR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If this is true, then you are saying I don't know how the real world works, that reality is totally different then everything I was brought up to think. Like you are supposed to take a woman out on a date, be romantic, show her a good romantic time, and treat her nicely then progress from there. That isn't what I am supposed to do in real life? My former girlfriend we went on 2 dates before she ever came over, 3 before I made out with her, and 5 before I had sex with her.

It is difficult for me to accept that in reality dating isn't the most successful route to scoring with women. It just goes so against everything I thought was true about women, I have never been able to go to a bar and take a woman home that same night(okay, well once but she was an older woman looking for sex). I know others have claimed to but I thought it was just bragging or the women were not very high quality(i.e. skanks)

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
-

I understand you confusion, Steve, I REALLY do, because I used to think in exactly the same way.

I know it may be hard for you to accept, but REALITY really IS different from the way you were brought up to think. Me, too. I wasted DECADES thinking things were one way (the way you were taught, too), but they aren't. And that's the way it is, man. Accept it.

If you take them out on dates, be "nice" and try to "progress," you will do "OK," but generally, you will not do as well as you could as if you were, for want of a better term, a 'DJ.'

Read here a lot, read the 'bible." Be aggressive and be a MAN. Not a door-holding, "yes, ma'am," wussy, AFC guy, but a MAN.

What you say you THOUGHT was true doesn't matter.

What IS TRUE is what is true. And you have a chance to look past the curtain to see the reality if you wish. Take that chance, and enjoy your life more.

SURE, it might take 3 dates, or whatever, to nail a given girl. That's ok, too. Just FORGET the "rules" you have been indoctrinated with, and understand that you can nail SOME women TONIGHT. Not all, but some.

You have to FORGET all this framework that's been put in your head. If it's difficult to accept, look around at other guys pulling tail right and left. How do they do it? They give women what they want. You should do it, too. And you can.

Go do it.
-
-
-

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen - She probably was sizing you up, even if she has a boyfriend it doesn't mean she's not looking for something better. It also allows her to do it in a safe way with no need to "reject" you as - she has a boyfriend after all.

Also her boyfriend might not be showing her enough affection so she's getting it from you, then she Will tell the guy so he gets jealous and increases his game with her.

It's very easy to figure out. Now the question is how long do you want to waste while she's doing this before you either push the subject or walk away?