Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

GUIDE TO CUTTING UP

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL
if long cardio is so good, how come none of those endurance cyclists while lean are not shredded with evident muscularity. Yet, it's the sprinters who look like they are chiseled out of marble ??

I agree with more effort when doing aerobic exercise; but sprinters are like that cause they're on the juice (roids and HGH); cyclists just take EPO !

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cleric
What do you do about the ole beer gut? Every mans worst enemy! You see the rest of my body is in relatively good shape. I even have skiny arms so I obviously can't cut the carbs in order to melt that belly. How do I go about doing this? I do about 50 crunches every second day but I don't think that's anough.
You're retarded. You can't spot reduce. You're too damn fat and can't admit it. Lose weight.

Cleric

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by stevera004
You're retarded. You can't spot reduce. You're too damn fat and can't admit it. Lose weight.
I'm 182cms and just under 70 kgs. If anything I need to put on more weight. But if I can't spot reduce then I'm in trouble. :(

Last edited:

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally ready to hit the gym. I'm 6'1 and 230lbs. My weight has been stable for the past 2 years, but I feel like I have gotten fatter.

Anyway, I'm ready to lose weight and I want to try HIIT, only my shins can't handle running. I'd appreciate any thoughts on other exercise.

Also, I've been reading old posts - is the key: warm-up and SIX reps of 90 seconds full-out followed by 10 seconds of catch-your-breath-while moving?

Does this mean I'm out of and in the lockerroom within 20 minutes?

As for calories: how do I count them. Should I buy a food scale?

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

use that to count your calories, or I also saw www.calorieking.com

that'll work too I think

as far as HIIT, you can do it on an elliptical, treadmill, or bicycle too. Less impact, and a bike is actually super cool cause it'll isolate your legs.

for the sets, do 60 seconds full out, followed by 60 seconds of 50% to start. That should wear you out pretty good. Start with six sets of those, gradually move it up to about 10.

Warm up a little before hand, and warm down. And yes, HIIT lasts about 25 mins at most, it's quick and efficient.

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks,

In differentiating full-out and 50%, are we talking heart rate. If so, how do I determine how high I want to get it during the peaks as well as 50%. I imagine I need to start with my resting rate, but after that I'm at a loss.

Also, I would like to through in some weight traing on days when I'm not on the bike. Is there a variance on HIIT for weight training? Or will it screw up the fat-burning mechanics of HIIT.

I really don't want to lose much muscle, as its pretty much attrophied in the seven years since I belonged to a gym. So what's the best way to incorporate lifting into a weight-loss program?

I like Diesel's point of working one muscle group per day.

Marty

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't do Creatine

Interetsing post.Most of what you say,I've been doing routinely for years.I can't do Creatine,I have a funny condition where it causes serious body aches in me.Is there another supplement you recommend?
Also I want to know what you think of thermogenic fat loss drinks and supplements.

Aresx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doing cardio doesn't make you fit if you're not hitting the gym.

As far as cardio, it's not how LONG, but how INTENSE it is that has a bigger effect on your muscularity.

Compare marathon runners and sprinters.

Marathon runners burn more overall calories, and can run for longer. Yet look at their legs... looks average.

Sprinters on the other hand, have usually lean and muscular legs, because the intensity of the motion calls different muscle fibers into play (low force, long lasting vs. high force, short lasting). Sprinters use the high force, short lasting muscle fibers, which are just like working out - you wouldn't get bigger with 170 reps of 8 pound bench presses. But you might get bigger benching 8 reps of 170 pounds (more or less, depends on your strength, I am just using an average number).

Aresx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you CAN NOT spot reduce. It just doesn't work.

Cut down on beer for one. Cut down on fat, too.

Break down and space out your meals throughout the day. Instead of eating 2-3 big meals a day , eat 5-6 small/medium meals. You will eat more, yet speed up your metabolism.

Do cardio, and lift weights (I can't tell your exact body type from the internet, so I can't say which one you should do more of)

Or take the money you would spend on beer, and use it on a trainer. :)

Originally posted by Cleric
What do you do about the ole beer gut? Every mans worst enemy! You see the rest of my body is in relatively good shape. I even have skiny arms so I obviously can't cut the carbs in order to melt that belly. How do I go about doing this? I do about 50 crunches every second day but I don't think that's anough.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bacon and eggs man.....and lots a pvssy ;-)

HustlerDigital

Don Juan
Reaction score
Couple Quick Questions

Great Post.....I love it. I do have to say though Mens Health is great advice...for the most part..wouldnt you agree?

Anyways..quick questions

You talk about EAS Myoplex....AD-1..etc...man..after spending so much money on this I then have to worry about expensive chicken breasts and other expensive diet type foods. For a man on a Budget...(22 y/o w/ a mortgage) whats the best way to follow your plan?

The other question...have you ever posted pictures on here? Im not gay or anything :eek: Just wondering what a body looks like using the plan you setup here.....

Thanks
B

iknowmore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Couple Quick Questions

Originally posted by HustlerDigital
Great Post.....I love it. I do have to say though Mens Health is great advice...for the most part..wouldnt you agree?

Anyways..quick questions

You talk about EAS Myoplex....AD-1..etc...man..after spending so much money on this I then have to worry about expensive chicken breasts and other expensive diet type foods. For a man on a Budget...(22 y/o w/ a mortgage) whats the best way to follow your plan?

The other question...have you ever posted pictures on here? Im not gay or anything :eek: Just wondering what a body looks like using the plan you setup here.....

Thanks
B
how about buy the food, and not the supplements. good diet and consistency.

englishman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Couple Quick Questions

Originally posted by HustlerDigital

I used to buy it, no offence meant but nowadays I think mens health magazine is like cosmopolitan magazine for men! they seem to use the same formula as cosmo mag.......increase mens insecurities and then feed em a story or two to make em feel better (and sell there mag) all the guys in there are airbrushed, hair is plucked and waxed...and I think a lot of them are gay in real time/life..
look at a typical cosmo cover; recepies to stay thin and young etc.. gadgets to buy.. sex tricks and tips.... some mental/ emotional stuff and on the cover some airbrushed genetic wonder to try and live up to...
look at mens health..same thing...:cool:

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Can't do Creatine

Originally posted by Marty
Interetsing post.Most of what you say,I've been doing routinely for years.I can't do Creatine,I have a funny condition where it causes serious body aches in me.Is there another supplement you recommend?
Also I want to know what you think of thermogenic fat loss drinks and supplements.
the best thermogenic fat loss drink is ice cold water. 1/2 a gallon to a gallon a day works best not to mention it supresses your appetite.

upsidedownside7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Five weeks ago I read the cutting guide Diesel wrote out. Before that I was in relatively good shape but my waist was 35 inches but had some muscle on me. I weighed 181 @ 6'1. I figured why not and dedicated myself for 12 weeks. The past four weeks have been hard but I have followed everything in the guide. Counting calories, still working out with heavy weights, doing interval training and I can honestly say this has been great.

On the fourth week I weighed 175 and I haven't lost any strength at the gym. My shoulders and Chest appear more defined and my waist is 33 inches. Like an idiot, I am constantly poking my stomach to feel each of my individual packs of my six pack. It's still not totally visible but by week 12 it should be.

One bit of advice is to buy a calorie counter book at any book store. This is so you can still splurge on some days and keep within reason of your calorie intake. Good stuff Diesel, I really doubted that artice at first. I'll let keep you guys updated.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by upsidedownside7
One bit of advice is to buy a calorie counter book at any book store. This is so you can still splurge on some days and keep within reason of your calorie intake. Good stuff Diesel, I really doubted that artice at first. I'll let keep you guys updated.
A good book to pick up is Corinne T. Netzer's, "The Complete Book Of Food Counts" You can get it from places like Barnes and Noble, and it has listings for everything, including fast food places like Mcdonalds. It's something good to have when you want to eat a few things off your diet.

upsidedownside7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

1 and a half weeks later I measured my waist and it's almost at 32 inches and lost 1.5 lbs. I totally splurged today. Haha, not good but am returning to the cutting diet again tomorrow. I'll let you guys know whats up next week.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to get back into eating a bit more sensibly and doing a bit of exercise i have taken a break since christmas and i have gained 2-3 kilograms since then. I am getting back into it starting tommorow. I probably am not as good as i wanted to be by now because i will start seeing someone pretty soon that i have been waiting a long time to see but thats okay its not like shes going to be seeing me without my clothes off or anything like that for a while anyway but when she does i am going to be a lot better.

upsidedownside7

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm back. Last week I read this link http://www.ironaddicts.com/articles/lose bodyfat.htm on this forum and decided I would give that a try. My goal during the week was to consume 1600 calories following this method. Since fats have 9 calories per gram I was usually at 1650-1750 so I added in a bit more of cardio. I have to say this article was great and probably made my most dramatic improvement this week. I have 2 medium size bumps at the top of my stomach and two smaller, less visible ones below it. I'd definitely incorporate this into a cutting method. Now I'm at 170.5 lbs and my waist is 31 1/2 inches. I think I'm going to stop at 30 inches regardless of a six pack or not. My stomach muscles are not that big and I'm starting to get pretty f'ckin skinny.

Cons: I've officially lost some strength at the gym. I used to do a shoulder press of 55 pound dumbbells but I could barely bring them up this week. I used 52.5, bad sign. I'm also fatigued a lot quicker but now I'm getting used to it. My entire family says I look so thin now. I don't like hearing that every 2 seconds. There are a lot of veins in forearm/arm area but it's all gotten noticeably smaller. Pook had a post dedicated to skinny guys saying get bigger. He's right. I don't get noticed as much. Unhot girls are starting to overtly flirt with me just like in his scenarios. That never happened before and cute girls would show more interest then they do now. It bothers me but I care about eliminating this damn body fat that's plagued me for years more than any girl. This just gives me a reason to be excited when I bulk up. I should have about 2-3 weeks left. I'll post next week.

upsidedownside7

Don Juan
Reaction score
31 inch waist and 169 pounds. This stupid cutting cycle is over. I am going to consume calories to maintenance and then start bulking. Cutting is not fun but I got rid of 4 inches off my waist and still have most of my strength. Alright, c-ya around.