Growing taller before 18?

Puma

Don Juan
Reaction score
What can I do to encourage more growth in height since I am 16 and probably not done growing yet? I am currently 5'11, thats not bad but I'm hoping i could reach 6'4 or somewhere around there.

J-Man

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dude im 16 and im 5'7. just be happy.

but yeah, advice would be appreciated.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing. Be happy at that height. So many people complain they aren't tall enough, but that is tall. 6'4 is too tall unless you plan on playing b-ball, but why be that tall? Your out of luck, sorry.

payaya

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
6'4 is on the tall side, damn give you a sore back while kissing girls anyway! :)

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't listen to these short mother F'ers. If you want to be tall, make sure to GET YOUR SLEEP! Go to bed early and sleep as much as your body wants. Eat as much as your body wants and more. Binge. And excersize intensely.

numlock

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow 5'11 at age 16? i bet you'll grow another 2-3 inches before you hit 18 or 19

and i agree with sosh -- get plenty of exercise, eat right, and stay fit. a fit person always looks taller than an unfit person

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe
Don't listen to these short mother F'ers. If you want to be tall, make sure to GET YOUR SLEEP! Go to bed early and sleep as much as your body wants. Eat as much as your body wants and more. Binge. And excersize intensely.
What a lame post. Really, is that all you could come up with?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That's just going to make you FAT, not TALL.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL
That's just going to make you FAT, not TALL.
Eating and sleeping a lot will make you tall and fat. So you excersize to keep off the fat, jackhole.

Hannibal

Don Juan
Reaction score
ive done my research myself and the only way to make yourself taller is to do intense stretching for your spine, ligaments, and bones, this nto only makes you taller but more flexible too, dont count on it though, I just put on one inch to be 5'7. By the way sleeping binge eating and exercising will NOT make you gain height if your genetics won't allow it, do the simple mom's height plus dad's height divided by two plus two inches if your a guy andminus two inches for a girl, and if your smaller than your quota then the sleeping thing will work but 8-10 hours is more than plenty to accomplish this, binge eating will only make you gain weight, you want to grow vertically not horizontally after all, all you need is a decent diet really and those fruity vitamin C caplets are tasty, addicitive and can also help your height, exercising should be part of your daily routine anyways to keep appearance up but it won't make you taller. There are very alternative and extreme measures to gain height too, by lengthening your limbs with a device that puts pins into your bone and pulls them apart ( I forget what the technique is called but it has some bizarre name) this process is long, painful, expensive should only give you 2-5 cm's on ONE limb at a time, the next way is by buying gravity boots and bar to hang from the ceiling for 30 mins-1 hr. daily to get you a couple of inches in a year or more, this however takes all the blood to your head, killing brain cells making you a retarded (and less witty/cunning) don juan (we dont want that do we?) once again this is time consuming and can be painful. You could try those weird programs that promise 2-3 inches but chances are they're probably a waste of time and money. Take my advice, i'm 5'7 and I get more than enough girls that I need because I've been practising my game for a year now, forget your height and work on technique and you will realise soon enough that being short can be used to your advantage :D toodle loo

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eating and sleeping a lot will make you tall and fat. So you excersize to keep off the fat, jackhole.
it's still not going to make you tall, you momo.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure where some of these people come up with that stuff on getting taller, but it really is funny. If they only knew the real truth on growing.

Hannibal

Don Juan
Reaction score
personally omen I've gotten it from 4 years of studying the human anatomy, genetics, immune system functions and biology, plus hours of toil on the internet researching other possible ways, then I realised it doesnt matter, sorry if I'm coming off as a bragging jerk, but after all, isn't that why we're all here?:D bottom line of all this stuff is you don't control your genetics, you are determined how tall you will be before you even realise what height is, so if you're maxed out at 5'11, then thats exactly what you are; MAXED OUT. So don't bother with height unless your in the NBA ( I beleive someone already mentioned that)

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess that guy is actually into playing bball...I read your other post man but if ure 5'7 at 16...damn ull still grow..I bet ull prolly be like 5'10 or 5'11 or so, so dont worry...I used to drink lots of milk, Im not quite sure but I guess that really helped lol thats y ppl say u be drinkin that milk huh lol

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Omen
I'm not sure where some of these people come up with that stuff on getting taller, but it really is funny. If they only knew the real truth on growing.
they just don't want to face the reality that there really isn't anything they can do.

Hannibal

Don Juan
Reaction score
they just don't want to face the reality that there really isn't anything they can do.
damn straight:D

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is only ONE thing you can do, and that is GH shots. of course you have to take them when your around 13 or so, and have to go through testing before the Endocrinologist will even prescribe it, BUT if you're like me, and back in the 90s I was SHORT, and had a GH deficiency, THEN you can take them. I was supposed to be under 5' tall, and I am about 5'5 or so. Took them till I was about 16.

And don't tell me I am full of crap cause it does make you grow. But unless you are approved (even then its 25k a year and some insurance won't pay for it) then you better get it off the black market, but at the age of 13 I don't most could or would even realize they could. And for those that wonder its called Protropin and its made by Genetech