Growing a beard

DJ follower

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would like to grow a beard but I dont really have that much facial hair. Is there a way to start growing some?

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes,

Wait until you're old.

Beards are for social workers and people with big/no chins.

Even Brad Pitt looks like a chump with one.

Why do you want one? Is it because you want women to not fancy you or something.

Especially if you ain't got much coverage you'll just look stupid.

Ditch the idea for 20yrs and come back when you're into jackets with elbow patches.

DJ follower

Don Juan
Reaction score
well im not really trying to grow a beird just like a 5 oclck shadow thing... i dono most girls say its sexy

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you also going to start putting on the "Sean Connery" accent?

DJ follower

Don Juan
Reaction score
hell yea lol...jk naa so id there a way to jump start the facial hair lol??

Master Homer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't grow a full beard.

Try a chinstrap or a goatee. I personally perfer a chinstrap, it's commonly linked to tough guys. If you look young it will make ALOT older, and girls dig that. At the same time, it will make you look grommed (a full beard will make you look like a bum). If you don't look young, or got big guns, stay clean shaven.

Duke Togo

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you cant get 5 o clock shaddow at 18, you have problems with your test levels.

i would reccomend shaving your face, the whole area, use a regular action shaving with the grain, then shave against the grain, it will grow back thicker.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think patchy coverage is more genetic.

I have always had normal T levels for my age, yet have always had the odd patch that DOES NOT GROW, yet the rest is like bloody tree trunk stubble.

Stubble works on thugs and film stars, look what it did for Nixon.

As you get older the existing stubble will thicken and grow darker. Unfortunately you will also notice hair dissapearing off the top of your head and re-appearing around your arseh0le

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alpine
As you get older the existing stubble will thicken and grow darker. Unfortunately you will also notice hair dissapearing off the top of your head and re-appearing around your arseh0le
LOL good to know

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The old anal beard. Yarrr. I hope that isnt true for me, cause I'm already starting to receed and the undergroth is already wild, thank you very much Mr Genetics.

I really wouldnt worry about it. Give it some time - one of my brothers had a goatee at the age of 16, the other had chin hair but no sidies, and my other brother had sidies and no chin hair. I dont really think it's got all that much to do with testosterone.

If in a years time it's still the same... then panic. Otherwise, enjoy the fact that you dont have to shave every/every other day like I'm having to :mad:

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm 18 too. facial hair is only just starting to kick in all over. (dark hairs), as well as chest hair and dark arm hair

i don't know if this would have happened naturally but if i hadn't starting weight lifting seriously i reckon it would have taken a lot longer. my testosterone levels were set to sissy during high school; now they're a lot higher

i've got a goatee btw (lots of dark hair on my chin) - had fast hair growth there since i was 17. i think i've got a weak chin so this covers up for it and makes me look a bit older. damn sidies are only starting to come through (dark hair).

someone said shave more often and the hair will come through darker and thicker. that's a myth.

Phrozen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke Togo
if you cant get 5 o clock shaddow at 18, you have problems with your test levels.

i would reccomend shaving your face, the whole area, use a regular action shaving with the grain, then shave against the grain, it will grow back thicker.
Where did you hear that? I know tons of people who don't grow full facial hair quickly at that age.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 18, almost 19 and I get alittle 5 o'clock shadow with the most of my hair growing underneath my chin. I get some hair on my sides but only a small amount is dark. I'm hoping it all fills in soon because I look young and I'm just trying to look alittle older.

^_^

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke Togo

source please....I'm 21 and I only have to shave once a week (not even that, just sporadic hairs above lip and on chin).

Is there something wrong with me? No, my father shaves every day, as does my brother. I myself just dont grow facial hair well.

Sure is nice not having to shave everyday before class, and work.

Off topic sorry. if you want facial hair you just have to wait.

snareknight08

Reaction score
Just a comment

Well, I've had a mustache since I was in about 5th grade. I went to Maryland the summer between 4th and 5th grade and all the sudden I was looking out a window and notcied there was hair under my arms that literally popped up over night. So my opinion is different atmosphere, or climate changed something in my body. I think it sort of just jump started my t. machine. :D Also I have a full goatee now along with my mustache connected by two lines around my mouth... I guess that's just a regular goatee. Duh. Ok well, g2 get ready for school later guys.