"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Greg Adams on how dating changed in the last decades.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
I started to skim through it but then went back and watched the whole 2 and a half hours. He goes through dating from the 90’s and how it’s evolved by decade to the sh1t show it is today. It’s a lot harder to get and keep a woman’s attention and there is a lot more distractions to take her attention away from you. He’s got some grim predictions for the future. But I agree with most of what he’s saying. I miss the pre-smartphone days when I could actually just call a girl, banter a little bit then set up a date.
It's not just dating. The whole world has gone online. We work online, shop online, watch movies online, socialize online...

And of course this has turned the local dating market into a global one, where a girl from a poor remote village can have 50k followers on instagram. However, you can still find exceptions.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
That's why Vegas is like going back in time, its great. Just like the old days.
The best things about Las Vegas have been really hurt by COVID. Vegas nightlife was amazing, especially near The Strip. If you were a Las Vegas local and had a job that didn't require you to be alert before 12 PM, you could really do well. You could stay out until 2 am on Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning and have a reasonably good chance of getting laid, more so than doing that in other U.S. cities.

The Vegas pool parties were also an option.

There have been times in my life where I thought about moving to Las Vegas and finding some job that had non-traditional hours to do that. My jobs since college graduation have required me to be alert and functional before 9 am.

I've heard the stories from Gen Xers about Yahoo dating. Sounded amazing.
Gen X also had a better in-person dating environment, although I don't think dating in the 1990s was ideal. I entered the environment as a 16 year old in 1999. High school dating in 1999-2001 was probably better than now but not great. My adult dating started in 2001. 2001-2005 was college, though in the later part of those years I did go to some bars that weren't all college students at times. The college dating is a little bit cocooned from the rest of the world so my experiences in college while dating might not have been reflective of non-college dating in the early to mid-2000s.

Although things weren't great before 2006, they really got bad after that.

Millennials as a whole had a worse environment in their 20s than Gen X did in their 20s.
 

Georgepithyou

Banned
Joined
Jan 17, 2020
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2,213
Age
30
Location
Sydney
Disruptive technology always changes human dynamics, until society adjusts to the new reality. We are just in a period of adjustment. Gun powder, Printing press, postal service, railroads, telegraph, telephones, radio, cars, air travel, TV, cable, internet, smart phones.... it always happens. Society is always slow to adjust to technological change.... but society always adjusts.

What is happening with women and smart phone social media is that women are still placing a lot of value on validation. 50 years ago, when a woman got attention it was significant, increased attention always lead to something good. Women had to work for attention, so it had value. Today... well validation is really meaningless... it is an illusion... validation does not lead to anything meaningful other than to give you a shot of dopamine. Eventually women will realize that since it takes no effort it has no value. We just aren't there yet.
Exactly, it's the reason why so many men have no problem with sending 100s of thirsty texts to girls but have no confidence to approach them in real life.

Women know this, and they dont value that free attention.
 

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
Its night and day now compared to even 2015, and 2015 was night and day compared to 2005.
Wow, I had given up American game back in the late '90s, and a short retread in the '00s confirmed my decision.
 
Top