Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Greatness-- how to achieve it (NEW content for the book of Shuma Gora!)

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TO BE ADDED TO THE BOOK OF SHUMA GORA:

GREATNESS: HOW TO ACHIEVE IT

How would you truly describe someone who is great? Greatness is not something that can be put into words, it is instead more of a quality that someone inherently has. People who are great have a subtle way of letting you know that they are great; it is as if an aura of greatness hangs about them.

Greatness is, like many other qualities, a mindset. Once you have mastered the mindset of greatness, greatness will be your possession and you will be able to use it at your every whim and reap the benefits that it has to offer. So how does one master the mindset of greatness?

I have pondered over this for a great while, and I have realized that nothing has to be done to achieve greatness—GREATNESS IS ACHIEVED BY SIMPLY REALIZING AND ACCEPTING THAT YOU ALREADY HAVE THE ABILITY TO BE GREAT!

Someone who knows that they are great needs no assurance from others of this, because their confidence is unshakable. Greatness is the product of setting a higher standard for yourself, simply because you know that you can do it. Greatness is power under control—a truly great man does not need to tell others that he is great. This is because he knows that his greatness is best conveyed through action rather than idle boasting.

I have no respect for those who go through life boasting about their accomplishments, for it is clear to me that the people who resort to this have no true greatness of their own. This is because if they did, they would allow their actions to do their boasting for them. People who must tell people of their accomplishments are merely trying to mask their own insecurity by trying to impress people. Those who boast about their greatness futilely yet fervently hope that their words are enough to mask the emptiness that they have within them.

Greatness does not come with elevating yourself at the expense of others. If you must raise yourself high above others, then that proves nothing but a lack of true greatness. This is because those who are truly great need not elevate themselves- people will automatically hold them in high regard because people can see that a truly great man has respect for both them and for himself.

In this way, greatness is closely related to empathy. A great man feels empathy with those around him, for he knows that he does not have to raise himself up in order to assert his greatness. He knows that people have little respect for those who elevate themselves above others for the sake of satisfying their personal ego. Raising yourself above others is not greatness; it is merely conceit.

This does not mean that a truly great man is afraid to take glory for himself. This is one of the marks of greatness. However, there is a difference between taking glory for yourself and taking ALL the glory for yourself. The man who claims everything for himself is not truly great because he is not giving credit where the true credit is due.

A man who is a master of greatness is a master of humility. This is because a truly great man is so sure of his greatness that he feels that he need not constantly display it. Knowing that he is truly great is enough for him, because he knows that that is all that he must do in order to capture and maintain true greatness.

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, yet another quality post to be added to the Book of Shuma Gora. Quality stuff as usual my friend. I think I might be starting my own thing, but it's focus will be more on not general lessons learned but on my detailed personal approach experienes, because I think many (including myself) might learn much from my accomplishments and setbacks.

Drow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Page

I've been reading your Book of Shuma Gora and I noticed something kind of conflicting with this post.

Here you say:

In this way, greatness is closely related to empathy. A great man feels empathy with those around him, for he knows that he does not have to raise himself up in order to assert his greatness. He knows that people have little respect for those who elevate themselves above others for the sake of satisfying their personal ego. Raising yourself above others is not greatness; it is merely conceit.
However, in the first chapter of your book you talk about
HOW TO USE THE INSECURITY OF OTHERS FOR YOUR OWN ADVANTAGE.
You talk about how you can elevate your own confidence by feeding off the insecurities of others.

Isn't this kind of conflicting with what you just said?

.Drow

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Page,

Great post. I agree with you on your idea of greatness through actions (as opposed to boasting) and having humility at the same time. But how can one have infinite self-confidence and show competence yet have humility at the same time? Where should the line be drawn? I've been finding it hard to be the "alpha male" yet still keep my own ego in check and maintain my sense of humility. Any suggestions?

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ofus: The line is drawn when your self confidence spirals out of control and you begin to be overconfident. Being overconfident in the face of overwhelming facts is not true confidence: it is the blindness that leads to downfall.

You can be the alpha male merely by taking charge, and not backing down from adversity. However, take great care that you don't start raising yourself above other people in your pride. A little bit of pride gives you power-- too much pride takes that same power away and can ultimately destroy you.

Drow: I do not believe that it contradicts-- In my article about feeding off of the insecurity of others, I explained that A Don Juan can get himself out of a tight spot by looking around and seeing how people are insecure and nervous. By realizing that there is nothing to really be insecure about for any situation, this helps reassure the Don Juan. In this way, the Don Juan is actually using the insecurity of others in order to help himself generate more confidence.

Once you have learned how to store confidence within, then you will need the other technique less and less. Also, The Technique for summoning a surge of confidence will work for you in most cases. Using the insecurity of others is best used as a last resort. By using the insecurities of others, I do not mean putting people down to give oyurself a boost. I do not condone that. I merely state that by observing how insecure other people are, you will begin to feel confident because you know the secrets of the DJ system, whereas many of the other people probably do not. This gives you a huge advantage, thus yo uhave no reason to be insecure.

I hope this clarifies. While I do not claim that my book is 100% free of contradictions, will say I did as much as I could to maintain consistency throughout I estimate that my book is roughly 98% consistant, with a 2% margin of error for contradictions.

I'm only human, after all. :)

Imbrondir

Don Juan
Reaction score
You won't be making any long serie of books if you just keep adding your new stuff to the old ones, you know :D

Anyway... nicely written, as always.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Imbrondir
You won't be making any long serie of books if you just keep adding your new stuff to the old ones, you know :D

Anyway... nicely written, as always.
The books are going to be written by the people on this forum. My goal is for all the DJs here to write down their own knowledge and share it with us, the same way I did.

Drow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Page,

Yes thanks, that clears things up. And I am really enjoying what I've read so far on The Book of Shuma Gora, I was just a little confused about this.

I think it's about getting yourself into the right mindset and feeling confident. I've used this 'technique' and it does help you feel better about yourself. It's not about putting others down or below you to make yourself feel better.

I look at it like this: while others are staying in stasis, I am growing and working to become a better person. This helps you feel better about what you are doing and gives you a confidence boost. Anyways, thanks for clearing that up.

later,

.Drow

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drow: no problem, bro. I'm glad to know that you're enjoying my book.