Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Great article and advice on squats, and form...

shock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.trainingdimensions.net/t... Ways to Dramatically Increase Your Squat.pdf

I do have one question, in regards to grip locations on the bar. I've been taught to try to keep my hands as close together as possible to keep the back tight. (as mentioned in the article) However, a buddy of mine prefers a very wide grip on the bar. He stated it "activated the lats" which in in turn connect to the upper hips.. Any comments on this?

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grip width is mostly preference. I don't use a narrow grip because my shoulders will cramp badly. If I grip too wide I feel I lose tightness. It's more important that you squeeze the bar hard and push your elbows forward when squatting.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Grab it wherever it is most comfortable. Your body will naturally want to put your hands where it can handle the load the best.

shock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
copy that... Next time I squat, I may try varying grips. Reason I ask, is I have always kept it very narrow, which puts alot of strain on my wrists. I have tendonitis in both wrists so it can be very uncomfortable.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Different grip width for different purposes.

You dont want to train with ONE comfortable grip width all the time. Switch your width when doing supplemental work.

Also the wider the grip the easier it to squeeze the lats but the wrists will become misaligned. When your at the top of the press lower your elbows in downward diagonal motion, think of trying to elbow your self in the sides.

This width depending on your limb length probably isnt ideal for going heavy but has its purpose for creating tension in a greater/different area of the chest.

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I really like this article, lots of usefull tips.

I use a low back narrow grip nowdays, feels very secure now Ive got the hang of it.

Cure.