"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Gotta make a decision about so-called ex girlfriend.

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
481
Reaction score
3
Age
48
Location
P-Town 503
WTF, figure this out?

So my (ex) g/f and I live together still.....until I can figure out what's going on exactly. In November of last year, she pulled this whole 'lets take a break and see if things get better' ****e after about 6 months of a less than stellar relationship (we were together 3 years).

I go out on the weekends with the boys, she goes out from time to time with the girls...but the thing is, she's always a ***** to any guy that talks to her when she's out. She's saying that she isn't looking for another guy (and kind of expects me to stay 'available' too). She doesn't want to be with me, but she doesn't want me to leave either.

Thing is, she treats me like crap alot of the time. She practically expects me to do stuff for her (because I usually do). Trying to talk to this girl when she's watching TV is like talking to a brick freaking wall. Stupid example, but this is the disrespect I deal with.

I told her that I would not wait around for her make a decision, and she said 'okay', then keeps treating me like crap.

Okay, before this turns into any more of a sob story, here's my deal:
I want to walk away because I know there's a better girl for me out there, and I'm not afraid to be alone. I know there's a beautiful, kind, loving girl out there somewhere for me. Finances keep me from walking out the door and above all, some part of me thinks I still need my ex in my life. My brain says I don't...but my feeling keep screwing with me.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
When you live with a hor this limits your opportunities with other women immensely!!!!!! Get the hell out of there and be a man and pay your own rent!!!! She disrespects you and doesn't want you and you still answer to her like a chump! There is nothing to figure out, so why are you asking??
 

dillin

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
When you live with a hor this limits your opportunities with other women immensely!!!!!! Get the hell out of there and be a man and pay your own rent!!!! She disrespects you and doesn't want you and you still answer to her like a chump! There is nothing to figure out, so why are you asking??
Couldn't have said it better myself!

The last thing I would want to do is move in with my girlfriend, how do you expect to go out and do what you want without hearing crap? I cant think of any advantages to doing this anyways.
 

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
3,264
Reaction score
22
Location
Keesler AFB, Mississippi
Thanks, I needed that. You guys are right all the way around. I wouldn't respect me either if I kept coming back for more.

Okay then, time to stand up for myself. I gave it alot of thought, and I'm moving out ASAP. She can take care of her own rent without me, and I can take care of mine in a new place. I already started to pack some things and make arrangements. So it might seem a little overboard, but I'm tired of being used by her and disrespected.

I HIGHLY doubt she's after somebody else (she has a phobia about the number of guys she sleeps with), but I think she'll probably wonder WTF once I'm gone. Screw it, you guys are right; time to cut my losses and move on.

I'll bet my bottom dollar when she sees that I'm not taking her crap anymore and not caring about what she's doing, she'll be singing a different tune....

But it will be too late for her.
Cactus, whatever happened to THIS?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Champ1

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 14, 2004
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Dude, this is what I've been talking about.

Let me tell you where you went wrong in this relationship with your girl. You stopped being 'the man' and started supplicating. That's why she was disrespecting you. No woman is going to respect a man who doesn't do the 'male' thing. Women want a man who is going to take charge and not put up with this kind of B.S. She has to see that if she starts doing the crap that she did that you would 'next' her. Simple as that, because you have so many other options, that you don't need her! My advice is to move on because she has lost respect for you and you might say that she doesn't really want someone else, but really she is just waiting for her 'knight in shining armour' to come along and treat her like a MAN. Move on, and I guarantee, she'll see maybe you are the man and it'll be too late. There are so many fish in the sea to be waiting on one who is going to disrespect you. Move on, bro! Why would you want to stay?
 
Top