"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Got The Number

GuitarOnFire7

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
It seems like she gave me her home phone number. I know from past experience that she always carries a cell-phone on her.

I phoned once or twice on Thursday, and got no reply. Then I phoned once earlier today. Again, no reply. I've been phoning in the morning, so that she isn't tired, but I might switch it up a bit now.

Any ideas?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

christz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Messages
740
Reaction score
0
no reply after that many calls = no reply at all but i dunno maybe she was busy
 

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,574
Reaction score
66
Age
52
Location
Los Angeles
Ok, first of all, are you leaving messages?

This is the perfect example for those of you who get too caught up in "Doc Love's rule of getting the home phone number." This is called doing the opposite. Many take this rule to heart, not realizing that, while guys insist that they must get the phone number, in reality she is giving out the number she doesn't really answer, and avoids giving the real number (her cell phone number).

Stop calling as often. Leave her a ****y/funny message while coming across with a take it or leave it attitude, and wait until she responds.

If you had 50 numbers, you wouldn't be thinking about a particular one. Go talk to more broads.
 

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
how old are you guitar?

cuz by now you should be able to tell the diff. b/t a cell # and a home #

i.e. where i live home nums start w/ either 431, 254, 256, 271, + more depending on what city in the Dayton area you live in.

cell phone # have weird starting digits, like 760, 271, 272, 238, 859, etc..

u should be able to tell the diff b/t a home and cell number.

and n e way- why n the fvck should it matter?

and... dont repeatedly phone her. wait a few days, and then call again. leave a message after like the 3rd time in a week-2week period, then do not call ever again.

plus cell phones have call id normally
 

GuitarOnFire7

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
If she's out and about, there is a huge difference between her giving out her home or cell-phone number.

I know her through the local university's FROSH week. We were going to hook up in September, but I bungled my chance of getting her number.

I saw her getting ready to leave class on Tuesday, and she asked three questions in the span of five seconds. She seemed to be very interested, but we all know how reliable signs are! ;)

No messages so far. When I phone her to leave a message, should I give my callback number? That doesn't seem very DJ-like.
 
Last edited:

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

bossdog

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
Location
Houston
erase her number from your phone. Go talk to other girls. NOW
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by bossdog
erase her number from your phone. Go talk to other girls. NOW
Don't erase her number just yet...but DO stop calling and go talk to other girls.

If you've left a message and she hasn't called back in a couple weeks, then delete the number.
 

GuitarOnFire7

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Phoned up today to leave a message and got her mom. I asked for the girl, and the girl came on. She said I had woken her up, but I *did not* apologize for this.

Anyways, after a very brief bit of small talk (15 seconds) stating 'How are you?', etc. I asked her out for hot chocolate for Tues or Thurs. Then she paused a while, which doesn't sound good, so I just remained quiet, and she tried moving the date (bad sign; although we *do* have exams coming up fast and she has tutorials). Eventually, after a bit more negotiation, which can be good or bad, we settled to meet on Thursday Dec 16th on campus at a specific time in the morning.

She comes across as the quiet shy girl, but she seemed fully capable of speaking to me over the phone.

It sounds like she's not 100% sure to this. In the meantime, I'll probably start looking for numbers as suggested above.

Edit: She flaked on me. However, I have improved when it comes to speaking over the phone with a girl and negotiating. Thanks everyone for your replies.
 
Last edited:
Top