"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Got the number, advice needed guys.

MotleyFool

New Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
First post, so hello to everyone! Now on to business:

Went out last night on a uni social, Roughly 10 guys, 10 girls. Ended up chatting to one girl who I'd spoken to over MSN briefly but never met, anyway we got on quite well and then she and her friends (the rest of the girls) wanted to move on to a club, so I went along. The rest of the guys just sat in the pub I think.

Now I'm not really into clubbing, so I probably should've stayed in the pub too and asked for her number there and then - lesson learnt.

So I was in the club, not really enjoying myself and dancing pretty badly. I would've left but I thought I might get the chance to talk to her afterwards so I endured it. I ended up walking most of the way home with her and one of her friends, and asked for her number, and she happily gave me the digits.

I said I'd give her a ring next week and then she fobbed me off saying she was very busy and needed to knuckle down to some work (which is true to some extent I'm sure but sounds like an excuse).

So... do I bother phoning her, also I know where she works so I could pop in and say hello and ask if she wants to go somewhere for lunch or when she knocks off? Advice please guys.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
14
So she gave you a number and then said she was busy all that week. Think about it. If she was interested in you, she wouldnt be telling you NOT to call. That wouldnt make sense. She's probabl not interested, but u might as well phone her and find out for certain.
 

MotleyFool

New Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
What I thought, but she seemed quite keen to give me her number and asked for mine.

She said something like "Oh that's really sweet of you, but I'm pretty busy. I need to knuckle down to some work."

Mixed signals. :confused:
 

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
i use msn to speak to guys and girls that i would overwise not speak to as i would notmeet up with them, but for example i do not talk on msn to girls from school because apart from over exposuer to them there is notihng to be scared of on msn, you know what that means dont you, its practicly like being drunk for example girls will hit on me left right and center on msn, but not so much in real life because its harder as it takes confidence in reality, well this fact can mean MSN really screws things up.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

MotleyFool

New Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
i use msn to speak to guys and girls that i would overwise not speak to as i would notmeet up with them, but for example i do not talk on msn to girls from school because apart from over exposuer to them there is notihng to be scared of on msn, you know what that means dont you, its practicly like being drunk for example girls will hit on me left right and center on msn, but not so much in real life because its harder as it takes confidence in reality, well this fact can mean MSN really screws things up.
I didn't hit on her on msn, I'd never met or even seen her before last night. She was on my msn because she was organising the social.
 
Top