"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

got digits at a bar, but shes got a bf

Trant

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Massachusetts
Hi guys, just wondering what you all would do in my situation.

Last weekend at the bar (thursday) I saw these 2 girls at the bar (7.5 and a 7). I grab a seat next to the 7.5 and introduce myself to them. Conversation goes really well, and I end up talking to the 7.5 for about 45 minutes. We have a lot in common, shes really nice etc. For the 2nd half of the conversation shes touching my hands and my arm and stuff so I figure I'm set. I tell her that I'm at the bar with friends (which I was) and had to run, but that I'd love to go out and get a guinness (she mentioned she loved it) with her sometime. She agrees and gives me her number.

Right after I enter it into my phone she says "I don't know what you're looking for, but I have a boyfriend."

This totally hit me by surprise as she didn't bring it up even a little before hand. I kinda had no clue what to say, so I said "Thats fine, I'm only going to be here for 2 more months since I'm graduating" She smiles, and I walk off.

A little later she brings me over to come take a shot with her and her friend, so I do. She then leaves the bar, and tells me not to forget about the guinness.

So guys, was I making friends? Is it even worth my time to call this girl? I'm thinking the best thing to do is to call her and say 'Hey, me and some friends are going to (name of bar) tonite. It'd be cool if you came, maybe I'll cya there' or something to that effect. That way, I at least called her, but it doesn't seem like a date. Maybe she'll bring her friend, she was cute too :)

Thanks for reading...
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

playasupreme

Banned
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
She's just playing some lame game-- too early to tell what she wants at this point. Make plans with her, get her drunk, and try to get to second base with her as soon as possible. If she rejects this then bail on her and make up an excuse to leave-- if she wants to stop playing games at this point she has to come to you.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by playasupreme
She's just playing some lame game-- too early to tell what she wants at this point. Make plans with her, get her drunk, and try to get to second base with her as soon as possible. If she rejects this then bail on her and make up an excuse to leave-- if she wants to stop playing games at this point she has to come to you.
Is this an alter-ego? Or a troller trying to ruin PS's reputation?

Anyway, as for the original question, just GO FOR IT. It sounds like she dropped the boyfriend into the conversation because she felt guilty for giving you her number. Now that you know, the blame's on you and she can proceed with her little escapade without being guilty.

Keep it casual, she may only be looking for sex. If you start feeling friendzoned, just bail. The boyfriend-waving would normally be a red flag, so it's up to HER to prove she wants your sex. :)
 

ToP DoN

Banned
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
San Francisco
i agree....PS is this an alter ego..lolz....maybe ur off the steriods....

anyways...just next her...what comes around goes around...theres plenty of fish in the sea
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top