Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Got caught with the reefer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just got caught smoking by my folks today, been at it since 10th grade (a senior now) and they finally caught me.

Told them it was for sleeping and eating problems (Which they've seen me having in the past) Dad seemed to buy it, mom didn't. Basically i'm on house arrest until i "Find out where my life is going".

The problem lies in that my parents don't approve of where my life is going (music production and composition), so it's kind of a catch 22.

I'll be 18 in june, so i have until then to do a couple things (this is where i could use the advice...)

I can just sit around, take whatever they throw at me, and leave when i'm 18.

I have a friend who lives like a block away who's house i could move into (Though my parents have threatened to call the police before when i said i was leaving)

I could stick around the house and just come and go as i please (like i do now), but without parental consent. Possible cops involved in that one too.

This situation has been through my head over and over again since i started smoking, and i always thought i would care more than I do now. Basically whatever they think or try to do to me, i honestly couldn't care less about. I have my goals and i've been striving to reach them, i'm constantly keeping myself busy and doing what i need to do to accomplish my goals.

The pot hasn't negatively affected me, i still keep really active so that I stay in shape, and my parents noticed differences "Recently" when i'm smoking less now than i was last year. The fact that my dad is buying this whole "Self medication" bit after i've smoked since the summer of 9th to 10th grade is a testiment to that.

Anyways, what would you all do in my shoes, especially to those who've been here, what'd you do?

FYI on the folks they're jesus freaks, i'm almost suprised i'm not going to rehab over this. They don't want me lying down in the same room as a girl i'm dating, they're that crazy.

Thanks,

ImmortalDragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it really necessary for you to smoke?

BringUrGreenHat

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should just try and give your parents some credit, and give up the smoking. Its really not worth the money, and all drugs can be dangerous no matter what you say. If your gona do anything get hammered drinking, and make sure as hell your not gona drive. I really hope you figure yourself out because I don't think it wise to be moving out at 18 into a friends place... Get your life together, go to college, drop the pot, and make something of yourself. Yea, yea ur motivated... motivated towards girls and pot... I'd advice just taking it easy, try listening to your parents for awhile, work hard, give up the pot, and live life. You don't need taht **** to do it.

Reaction score
first of all, stop lecturing him. He didn't come here asking you to give him information about the vices of marijuana.

that said, I think you should wait it out and see how things stand in a few days. My parents recently found out I drink and after an initial explosion of anger they got over it and everything is the same as before. If, in a few days, nothing has changed, have a conversation with them and explain how it hasn't made you less motivated, how it's something you enjoy, how you don't do it very often, and how you plan to make the most of your life in a way that makes you happy (in this case music) and that you wish they would support and stand by you in your endeavors.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Dude dont be a dumba$$ and let them find out about that ish.

Tell them you quit and show them how reformed you are, and THEN keep it on the DOWNLOW.

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not that i'm not motivated, before i started smoking I had no idea who i was, after i did start was when i found my passion in music. I'm following my dreams already by sending recordings (professional recordings, with money i make from my job) to schools along with essays and writing i have. I'm in three bands and am the lead in all three. Pot hasn't made me any less motivated, if anything it's helped me out with creativity and such.

I probably won't quit, not that i can't (after smoking for two years i quit for 6 months easily, then took it up again), it's that i really do like the creativity that it brings and it calms me down a lot (being ADD, but never getting any medication for it due to personal choice, and hating being drugged). It makes me the kind of person i like to be. While i'm high i can work on my music, art, and writing, when i'm not (a majority of the time), i actively work on getting my stuff out there, working towards college, spending time with friends etc.

I can see where my parents are comming from, but when they know all of this they won't be any more open minded to it than they were before.

ImmortalDragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm assuming your parents have a fear of you getting arrested for smoking pot. I don't know anything about your parents, but I'm sure mine would be like that.

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They're worried about it being illegal, yes, but i'm careful about it and there's really no way i would get caught unless i was betrayed by some really close friends majorly (like they turned me into the police) which isn't going to happen.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Originally posted by BringUrGreenHat
Its really not worth the money, and all drugs can be dangerous no matter what you say. If your gona do anything get hammered drinking,
1) Alcohol ain't cheap.
2) Alcohol is a drug.
3) Drink too much and you die from alcohol poisoning.
4) You can't die from smoking too much pot at once.

In conclusion alcohol is more dangerous than pot.

ImmortalDragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Evil-Rom
1) Alcohol ain't cheap.
2) Alcohol is a drug.
3) Drink too much and you die from alcohol poisoning.
4) You can't die from smoking too much pot at once.

In conclusion alcohol is more dangerous than pot.
Then don't do either.

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually have done two projects on this during the year, and when smoked through a water pipe (bong), pot had over 90% less tar in it than cigarettes, and you can't OD on it. No one has ever died as a result of marijuana....though that isn't the point of this post.

Reaction score
Originally posted by DJoneday
I actually have done two projects on this during the year, and when smoked through a water pipe (bong), pot had over 90% less tar in it than cigarettes, and you can't OD on it. No one has ever died as a result of marijuana....though that isn't the point of this post.
not to mention the fact that you don't screw up your lungs if you just ingest the THC.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Originally posted by ImmortalDragon
Then don't do either.
Way to miss the point.

ImmortalDragon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Evil-Rom
Way to miss the point.
He wouldn't have been caught smoking if he WASN'T smoking.

Anyway, did you get caught at home smoking?

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In the years I lived in Nashville I met plenty of amazing musicians who did not smoke pot. Smoking pot is a huge turn off for me (and I'm not a religious nut or anything). When I learn that a person smokes pot (regularly) it typically lowers my opinion of them.

If you are truly a talented musician you don't need pot. Its either a crutch or an excuse.

On a very simple level you should be able to see that your substance usage is causing big problems with your life, and you should just not do it for awhile. Just wait until you leave for college. You said you stopped for 6 months. Just stop for six months again.

Show your folks some respect and cut it out for awhile.

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, my mom went into my room, and went straight to where i was hiding some (I think some ******* migh have told her, because this was hidden with a key and everything, don't know how she got in) anyways, i was at school at the time.

On the musican thing -

No, i don't need pot to make music. Have you ever been stoned though? If so you'd know that people are much more creative in that state of mind. I look at things from different angles and get much better music out of it overall. A lot of musicians i've heard of do use drugs (though it's not why i do) such as, for example, Incubus, Jimi Hendrix etc. Not to say that drugs are required to make music, but it's definitely part of many's inspiration.

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
alcohol and pot are VERY different things. For one, you can't get addicted to marijuana any more than a kid can get addicted to playing video games. If you make sure you're using it in moderation, it won't hurt you.

The statement about musicians and smoking pot wasn't saying that you NEED pot to make good music. I was saying that it helps me with creativity, which you should understand since you say you've been high before. I can be creative without it, and a lot of elements of music is better done sober. I don't smoke pot because other musicians do, i do because i enjoy it like you might enjoy playing one of your favorite sports. I still keep up a good lifestyle and keep healthy, active, social etc.

The truth is i don't need my parents. When i'm not being held at home like now, i have a place i could stay, i don't eat their food, i pay for everything i have through my job save for shelter, which i am forced into staying at.

This isn't a respect issue, my parents don't respect me so i don't respect them. They broke into a locked compartment in my room under my bed without even confronting me about it first while i was gone to find the pot. That isn't respect.

I'm totally on your side with some drugs that actually harm people. Even with alcohol to an extent - i don't drink often at all. But if you did your research you'd know that pot isn't harmful, it isn't a gateway drug, and the more information researchers gather on it, the more they see that it is even benificial in a lot of ways to society.

Status
Not open for further replies.