Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Got called a 'boy' last night

Coffee

Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys think it's a good or bad thing to be called a 'boy' by a woman.

I'm a 28-year old man and I was out in a pub last night, During the night I went outside for a cigarette and there were some women standing beside me, I think one of them was looking for a lighter and I overheard her friend saying "ask that boy" (referring to me)

I approached her and told her I'm not a 'boy' and I'm a man and I'm 28 years old. I don't even look baby faced or anything and I've a completely shaved head. I was genuinely offended though and I said what I felt needed to be said.

I think I heard them snickering afterward but I didn't care as I stood up for myself.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You did the right thing by telling them you're not a boy but you went about it in the wrong way. You took offense to it when really you should have been cool about it when you reminded them you're a man.

By losing your cool you seemed weak to them and they thought that was funny. Remember to treat women like little girls and therefore you wouldn't react like that if a little girl said the wrong thing.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In that context, I dont think it was insulting. Thats probably just what they call guys. It was still worth speaking up over, but you should have used it as an opener, rather than taken offense to it. You let a couple of random bytches get to you with a single word. You should be above that shyt.

I would have given her a light, and said "Now, do you old ladies need help across the street or anything? Im working on my merit badge."

Now if a GUY calls you a boy, that fightin' words.

Pie in the Sky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah you should be proud to be a man and all that, but in this context it didn't mean anything. You probably came off as a douche. I call women girls sometimes, so what. I don't mean anything by it.

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with slaog. Why not just make it funny and turn it around on them? Hand them a the lighter and say, "Boy? just how old do you think I am?" ...they answer, you ask "And how old are you?" ...they answer, and if they are older than you by a significany amount then you can say, "Oh, I guess compared to you I am a boy." or if near your age you could say, "I guess time has been better to me." All of this should be said with a grin on your face.
Why get offended about someone saying boy? It means you look young. Congrats young looking man-boy.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some girl referred to me as a boy not too long ago, and I'm 49. I said the same thing as you: "I'm not a boy, I'm a man!". But I said it with humour, and I thought it was funny. In response, she seemed to get a kick out of it too. Definitely nothing to get upset about.

Don't let anyone take you out of your frame.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be careful before you jump to conclusions re:boy. In my area, there are almost no blacks/african americans or whatever the politically correct term is now. Alot of the time, someone will be called a big boy until about age 40 or so-then he becomes a big man.Ie:he's a pretty big boy. NOW strictly boy? yeah, may be an issue

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Boy? Seriously? Okay, tell you what. You can borrow my lighter if you promise to make me into a man." *wink wink nudge nudge*

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee said:
Just wondering if you guys think it's a good or bad thing to be called a 'boy' by a woman.

I'm a 28-year old man and I was out in a pub last night, During the night I went outside for a cigarette and there were some women standing beside me, I think one of them was looking for a lighter and I overheard her friend saying "ask that boy" (referring to me)

Girl: "Excuse me, do you have a lighter?"
Coffee: "I'm not a boy, don't ever call me a boy again. You have no idea who are dealing with if you call me a boy again."

Girl:"Excuse me, do you have a lighter?"
Coffee: "Of course. Where are you pretty girls from?.......My friend is actually a DJ at club where he is playing tomorrow, perhaps would two you like to join me there?"

You have to be smart enough to know when to pick your battles.

I approached her and told her I'm not a 'boy' and I'm a man and I'm 28 years old. I don't even look baby faced or anything and I've a completely shaved head. I was genuinely offended though and I said what I felt needed to be said.

I think I heard them snickering afterward but I didn't care as I stood up for myself.
You posted the thread for us to stop reading seduction forums, get ripped, not refer to a girl at 7 or 9, and reading books about getting is creepy, and then you ask us if it's a good a bad thing to be called a "boy by a women when you are 28 years old and respond that way?" Come on now.

averagechan

Don Juan
Reaction score
sure its better than being called "grandpa"

Jaggs

Don Juan
Reaction score
You made yourself look weak by making it look like you were bothered by what some random person called you =\

:eek:

Dante420

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 17 and when someone get's it twisted and calls me a boy I just say "I consider myself grown".

Meaning I'm old enough to be charged as an adult and I take on my own responsibilities

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it "odd" that you make a post on this subject, when The Exact Same scenario took place with me today. I'm newly 34 now, and my hair is Long currently. Well, today, 2 girls walked behind me in the lobby of a kind-of inside small mall eatery-type place, and said as they walked right behind me, "I don't wanta grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid." I was non-reactive, because I was busy, and because I never looked them in the eyes, else they would have known that I am a total MAN, who's been through some serious sh!t, challenging sh!t in my life, stuff that would make these young b!tches ball their eyes out if they attempted a 1/100th of what I've been through.

Then after that I walked past some younun girls sitting on a bench, and they say, "I think he's looking at us" to which I'm thinking "wtf?" In this down economy I guess females still have loads of time to sit on their as5es and comment on every swingin d!ck that walks by.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Develop thicker skin so this **** doesn't bother you.

I got called "good boy" about 6 months ago by this girl I assume didn't respect me.

I made out with her roommate that night.

Words are weak weapons and they shouldn't bother you(unless many people start saying roughly the same thing, then you should take note).

Jaggs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
I find it "odd" that you make a post on this subject, when The Exact Same scenario took place with me today. I'm newly 34 now, and my hair is Long currently. Well, today, 2 girls walked behind me in the lobby of a kind-of inside small mall eatery-type place, and said as they walked right behind me, "I don't wanta grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid." I was non-reactive, because I was busy, and because I never looked them in the eyes, else they would have known that I am a total MAN, who's been through some serious sh!t, challenging sh!t in my life, stuff that would make these young b!tches ball their eyes out if they attempted a 1/100th of what I've been through.

Then after that I walked past some younun girls sitting on a bench, and they say, "I think he's looking at us" to which I'm thinking "wtf?" In this down economy I guess females still have loads of time to sit on their as5es and comment on every swingin d!ck that walks by.
Every one of your posts make me laugh :crackup:

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy ****. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this. Calling you a boy gave you an easy way to enter that situation with some humor about being a man. Women sometimes use stuff like this as an opener..

Ive seen them approach before with stuff like "leave my friend alone"... this is an opener and it means they want to talk in every case I've seen so far. The trouble is often guys confuse it as a legitimate insult. This is where some playful banter can really be used to show you're not a stick in the mud