Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Got an idea to weed out the stupid newbie questions

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just an idea - How about once you sign up for this site, there is a mandatory waiting period that prevents you from making ANY posts for 30 days after you first signed up. That way, all the newbies will be forced into lurking the board for 30 days before posting anything. There has got to be a way to do this - like the server delays sending you a password for x amount of days, or the mods have to approve all newbies after 30 day initial signup, etc etc....just an idea to throw around :cool:

Paid Laid & Made

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree something needs to be done. We constantly seem to be faced with Newbies who do not read th bible or decide to insult what they in their feeble minds cannot comprehend. Also starting posts about having sand in their vagina is not constructive to the further development / evolution of this board.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the idea, but doesn't a month seem a little long? I know a week wouldn't be enough, what do you guys think about two weeks (not as if I had any say in this anyway :p)?

Deathfyre

Don Juan
Reaction score
How about a quiz covering the very basics? Required to sign up.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about posting in the right forums? Suggestions and Feedback is there for a reason guys...And the occasional gal. :D

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually like this idea, there is not reason why the password can not be sent a little bit after sign up so they have to continue being guests for that period. That way people would read a little before posting a question which has been posted like a million times before!

Good Idea !!!!!!!!!

Mod's can we please have a answer from you?

Borgia

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember that I lurked for a while trying to get a feel for everything, although it must be said that there are a number of high post count individuals who are at the same basic level as the new guys....

We need more useful threads from those who have questions that would open up better information for everyone else. These threads should blow out the retarded newb threads...

I also see the veterans aren't answering the useless threads other than "read the bible," which is the right advice, but the other newbs are spreading alot of bad information through conjecture and theory...

Maybe there should be a "basic bible questions" forum where newbs can throw out the generic questions and have others who are starting out reading the bible help answer them so everyone can get up to speed.....

just a thought

quiz and time lapses are not the right idea IMO

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DankNuggs
We need more useful threads from those who have questions that would open up better information for everyone else. These threads should blow out the retarded newb threads...

I am sorry DankNuggs but i don;t really understand what you are saying here - can u please clarify?

Thanks

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the other newbs are spreading alot of bad information through conjecture and theory...
- DankNuggs

As I see it, it's always good to try and improve things. This forum is no exception. As it stands, I think it is serving the basic needs of the members. Yes, it is annoying to read a post with the caps lock on. It is also annoying to see the atrocious spelling and grammar that pretty much poke me in the eye when I read them. I know some members don't have English as their native language and are doing the best they can, so I deal with it.

I agree that when new members ask basic questions, most of the time it is obvious that they haven't read the bible. I don't think this is the problem. I think the problem is that they do not have any faith in the DJ bible. Mr. Fingers, AntiDump, Pook - no offense at all, but it's not as if these fine men are the equivalent of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

I guess I would like to think that a waiting period would be okay. I think it's safe to say that none of the new threads that I have read were ever really critical.

Before I forget, I am thankful for this forum, for it pleases me that some of the younger fellows have a place they can come to vent, seek knowledge, bestow knowledge, etc.
I wish I had such a place when I was starting out. I don't know who's paying to maintain the server which holds these pages, but I am thankful for it.

Happy Holidays

Big Pappy

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes...Things could use a little improvement. Everything always does. Everything is "bad" to someone until someone else makes it "good." Then it's "bad" to someone else and it needs changing again.

Look - you guys - I'll level with ya. What do most new people do when they come here? Talk about sports? No - More often than not, especially in the HS forum, they blurt out some "life or death" question that's been asked in some form or another a few hundred times. I did the exact same thing when I was new here, and I bet a lot of other people here did, too.

So, yeah - You guys have all the right in the world to be pissed. Answering the same jargon over and over and over. I totally agree, its annoying.

Now, some of you are talking about this "quiz" idea that has been brought up before. Okay, who's gonna build it? Who's gonna implement it? What's it going to cover? If you guys really, really firmly idealize the abscense of newbism, then someone's gonna have to step up. I'm way too busy with school and my own interests to throw together an online quiz program, but maybe some of you have time to?

For there to be an end to something, there's gotta be a beginning to something else. So the sooner everyone stops clammering about solutions and starts getting something done, the sooner the problem gets addressed.

So - Any takers?

Borgia

Don Juan
Reaction score
While I respect your position on the quiz, you didn't adress the idea of putting a time lapse on membership. Please do so!!!!

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
first i would like to say that your "great" posters all started off as newbies. and with that in mind, some of these newbies will become your great posters.

there are good ways to handle these newbies that annoy you.

1. ignore them. maybe they will get discouraged and go away. the thing that made me think, wow, this site is amazing, is when i posted a prob back in the day, and when i came back a couple days later, there were like 7 diverse replies! i was floored that total strangers actually cared. now i won't go away!

2. tell them they are annoying in nice words, and why, and what they can do to change that. (use spaces, periods, ect. or read bible)

3. refer them to another thread that has already addressed that problem.

i do all three depending on my mood.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by iqqi
2. tell them they are annoying in nice words, and why, and what they can do to change that.
Always smile from the wrists on ;)

SexPDX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to figure out how to weed out newbie questions? The problem has already been solved by many people and is apparently still being discussed by people who have not caught on yet. Here is how you do it....

1) Create a private forum (which is very easy to do on many sites) with the group of people whose input on the topics you consider to be most relevant to your experience here.

2) Have more discussions by e-mail with people you have rapport with whose point of you trust more than faceless people on a board where anyone in the world and just create an account, start writing things and proceed to waste everyone's time.

3) Read this forum (and the other public groups) less. Skim it every once in a while and maybe read a thread when one of your primary discussion partners points out something that is good or they know you will be particularly interested in.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that boards like this exist and the community could not function without them but you just have to bear in mind that discussions you choose to have here will invariably be subject to a higher signal-to-noise ratio.

Doing things in the way I have described above will result in an overall better quality of discussion and less time spent online in order to get the information and/or input in which you are interested. For what it's worth, if EVERYONE did this...I could imagine that there would be less material posted here and what did get posted would be better. But of course we all know that will never happen.

-PDX

Last edited:

Dell SkyCat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to cast a spell on you. That is all.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i doubt that most of sexPDX/trickynick's old posts are still here

but i remember when trickynick first came to the ss.com board.

he came off as a bit annoying and a dork

(i still remember that post about uncircumcized guys, maybe the funniest thing ever posted on ss.com)

but if you look at his posts now you can see he is the complete opposite.

this is why gettin rid of newbies will never work, and most importantly it is bad for business

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cable, what's up bro, long fvcking time no see.

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed . You should be Senior Dj before you are allowed to start threads............................OR have a bangin' azz sig!!!