Got a number (sort of), now what?

James Dean

Don Juan
Reaction score
First let me give you a little backdrop of my situation. I'm a freshman in college at a pretty large university. There's this girl at the end of my hall that I met that's pretty decent and I've talked to her quite a bit. The first time I should've number closed but failed to attempt and I never went for it after that. A few weeks to a month passed and now I'm here...

Back last Thursday I talked to her at a bus stop and on the bus on the way to class, and she seemed really uninterested in talking to me. I finally recognized this and got the hell away, but I knew I had to change it up.

At that point I made a deal with myself to avoid the hell out of her for about a week or so until she made up for acting all uninterested in me. Three days later after I brushed her off a few times, she came to my room with a friend, and I brushed her off again (I was taking an online timed quiz so I kind of had to). She kino'd, asked if she could write on my roommate's white board (I said I didn't care), and then left.

The next day my friend asked me if I wrote on his board (not thinking, I declined). He then informed me someone wrote "I like boys, [insert that girl's number here]."

I quickly realized she had left her number, but it was already erased. Right now I plan on getting that sh1t from her pretty quick (I mean it should be easy now), but I don't want to come across as overly enthusiastic. What should I do now?

On the plus side, it's good to know the old withdrawing your attention from a girl method still works like a charm. :up:

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She never indicated to you that she was into you or that she wasn't. You need to actually interact with this girl and get to know her some before you start trying to get a date with her. If she doesn't seem interested in you when you talk to her, she probably isn't interested in you yet. Try to build more rapport with her first. If you're unsuccessful at doing this, there's other girls. Just my thoughts.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
James Dean said:
I quickly realized she had left her number, but it was already erased. Right now I plan on getting that sh1t from her pretty quick (I mean it should be easy now), but I don't want to come across as overly enthusiastic. What should I do now?
You answered your own question brother about "what should I do now" (see the bold text).

Whatever you do please stop playing this incident in your head like it's some kind of science experiment. So you are interested in getting to know this girl which is fine. Ask for her number and that's it.

If she gives it to you then good, if not then that's ok she's 1 in a billion walking vaginas. Don't make the mistake of imagining different scenarios with a woman when you haven't even gone out with her.

step 1 is get #
step 2 is go out with her

Take it 1 step at a time don't put so much pressure on yourself about any girl. They're all the same.

James Dean

Don Juan
Reaction score
Craig you're actually wrong but that's due to my lack of explanation. There's been a lot of rapport and she's always seemed interested minus the whole bus ordeal.

f28300 I agree I'm over thinking it. It's honestly going to be a cake walk. It would be stupid to place so much emphasis on it. thanks man