Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Got a call from a restricted number today

BudBundi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aces

SamMalone said:
I answer: Hello?

Hey honey.

It's my girlfriend of a year that I've been thinking of breaking up with.

Her: I changed my number.

Me: Ok.

Her: I've realized I can't be with you right now. You're too controlling.

(Insert: She's bad about flirting with other guys, I've called her on it. She has also gone out one on one with guy "friends" and I said that's unacceptable)

Her: That's all you have to say?

Me: I have standards. I'm not going to comprimise.

Her: Well we need a break to think about things. You're not going to have my number for a while.

Me: I didn't ask for it.

Her: This doesn't mean you can go see other girls.

Me: I'm single. I can do what I want.

Her: Well if it happens it happens but I don't want you to go look for someone.

Me: I've got to go. Bye.

And I hung up. How did I do?
Sir, this is the hand you just played.
Well done, now walk away from the table, cash in your chips, and go celebrate with something pretty.

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Got two calls from restricted numbers last night and one this morning. It has to be her. Amazing that she still makes her number come up "restricted" though. I'm not picking up any restricted nor unknown numbers.

Drewskie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SamMalone said:
Got two calls from restricted numbers last night and one this morning. It has to be her. Amazing that she still makes her number come up "restricted" though. I'm not picking up any restricted nor unknown numbers.
Let it go brother. The more you post and read this thread, the more you are going to think about her, and think about f-ing her. I'm sure you miss it, or her, but you'll be better off in the long run. The best way to get over someone, is to get under someone else. Get on it.

seano99

Don Juan
Reaction score
SamMalone you are a legend. well done sir, played to perfection.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never pick up calls you don't know, particularly "private number"... unless of course you're searching for a job( and expect calls from employers), which I am sure you are not. Thank god for voicemail technology. If it is that important, they'll leave a message.

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have been out of town for a few days. I *AM* looking for a job, just got out of college and have been applying everywhere, which comes into play later.

I get FOUR calls from RESTRICTED last Wednesday. I know its her, she left a message saying "She doesn't want to be my just friend just wants to talk". I don't respond. The next morning I get a call from a non-restricted unknown number. I think about answering. I don't. Get a message from a possible employed about setting up an interview.

So it wasn't even her, and I'm realizing this girl is even screwing things up through no-contact. I get another non-restricted call later. I pick up. Its her. She seems real nervous. She asks me what I've been up to, why haven't I been picking up her calls, ect. I act real cool, not mad but not too pleasant. After about four minutes on the phone I tell her I have to go (which I did) and "Bye" (did not say talk to you later, or set up a date).

She has been texting me about twice a day since, I haven't responded. Now I have her number saved though so no more screw ups.

Perfect

Don Juan
Reaction score
SamMalone said:
Have been out of town for a few days. I *AM* looking for a job, just got out of college and have been applying everywhere, which comes into play later.

I get FOUR calls from RESTRICTED last Wednesday. I know its her, she left a message saying "She doesn't want to be my just friend just wants to talk". I don't respond. The next morning I get a call from a non-restricted unknown number. I think about answering. I don't. Get a message from a possible employed about setting up an interview.

So it wasn't even her, and I'm realizing this girl is even screwing things up through no-contact. I get another non-restricted call later. I pick up. Its her. She seems real nervous. She asks me what I've been up to, why haven't I been picking up her calls, ect. I act real cool, not mad but not too pleasant. After about four minutes on the phone I tell her I have to go (which I did) and "Bye" (did not say talk to you later, or set up a date).

She has been texting me about twice a day since, I haven't responded. Now I have her number saved though so no more screw ups.
lol it feels good when a chick is obsessed with u

Boosts my ego :crazy:

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamMalone said:
I answer: Hello?

Hey honey.

It's my girlfriend of a year that I've been thinking of breaking up with.

Her: I changed my number.

Her: I've realized I can't be with you right now. You're too controlling.

(Insert: She's bad about flirting with other guys, I've called her on it. She has also gone out one on one with guy "friends" and I said that's unacceptable)

Her: That's all you have to say?

Me: I have standards. I'm not going to comprimise.

Her: Well we need a break to think about things. You're not going to have my number for a while.

Me: I didn't ask for it.

Her: This doesn't mean you can go see other girls.

Me: I'm single. I can do what I want.

Her: Well if it happens it happens but I don't want you to go look for someone.

Me: I've got to go. Bye.

And I hung up. How did I do?
Good work, soldier.

Now you need to rehearse your responses for when she calls again, "to have a serious talk" - and she will, because she was aiming to control the outcome of that convo and you destroyed her attempt.

Women never just passively accept losing a mindfvck attempt like she tried to pull.

DO you understand the "agree and amplify" technique to counter a woman's attempts to control ?

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women who act like her need to be brought to their knees- preferably right in front of you in the carpark.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
What had been her attempt to relegate you to her bullpen has now turned into a sh!t test. Basically you just spoiled her fallback plan and she's scrambling to reestablish the attention you were giving her previously.
Yes..

" Scrambling to restablish the attention that you were previously giving her.." This describes the very best outcome to counter those power grabs/sh!t tests by women.

IF you can leave her in a depleted state after an attempt by her attempt to clobber you , you are administering some serious discouragement factor which may make her think twice before trying this shyte again...

Of course that presupposes that she has the mental ability to correlate her own behavior with falling into those potholes.

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She came to my house last night, unnannounced and we had "the talk". Normally I wouldn't, but this girl is in my social circle, and I really don't have any feelings for this girl anymore. She basically said "You aren't going to call me, are you". She also said she didn't mean to break up, but just to give us some space for a week or two.

She said she regrets how she acted through the whole thing and that I confuse her and she doesn't want to get her feelings hurt. I acted disinterested and not affected, which is honestly how I feel. She ended by saying that she loves me but is not going to make a fool of herself by calling me anymore if I don't care to talk to her.

I'm assuming this is a "last resort" tactic by girls? I've never run into it before, but I was thinking the whole time that her actions didn't match her words.

I have no plans to call her.

Drewskie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She's one step away from begging you. If you think she was putting up a front, she was, and not doing a good job of it at that. If i were you, i'd get stern with her the next time she bothers you.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamMalone said:
I'm assuming this is a "last resort" tactic by girls? I've never run into it before, but I was thinking the whole time that her actions didn't match her words.
Far from the last resort. Just wait for it, you'll be entertained.

You've done well so far, mate, keep it up!

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Again, I'll advise a NEXT for any number of reasons, but understand that if she lacks the maturity to do her own dirty work - and rest assured she intended for you to "find out" her message via her friend - she will drop back into desperation mode after Valentines day. You're going to hear from this one again so be prepared for it. Do NOT backslide on this. There is no contrition, there is no compromise, there is no "I'll just keep her as a ƒuck buddy", just disconnect.

SamMalone said:
She came to my house last night, unnannounced and we had "the talk". Normally I wouldn't, but this girl is in my social circle, and I really don't have any feelings for this girl anymore. She basically said "You aren't going to call me, are you". She also said she didn't mean to break up, but just to give us some space for a week or two.
I hate being right all the time. :cool:

Translation: "My recent sexual opportunity didn't pan out, but it appears you've actually got backbone enough not to tolerate my passive/aggressive cuckolding of you, and since I'm a branch swinging monkey I've got to make it seem like it's your fault for misinterpreting my meaning about 'giving us space'."

Of course now the ultimatum has shifted to "I'm not gonna wait for you to come around" - Advice: don't come around, NEXT. Well played sir.

bish0p

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, I'm jealous. I can't find it is me to be this way with my ex even despite knowing all this stuff.