Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Got a call from a restricted number today

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I answer: Hello?

Hey honey.

It's my girlfriend of a year that I've been thinking of breaking up with.

Her: I changed my number.

Me: Ok.

Her: I've realized I can't be with you right now. You're too controlling.

(Insert: She's bad about flirting with other guys, I've called her on it. She has also gone out one on one with guy "friends" and I said that's unacceptable)

Me: Ok.

Her: That's all you have to say?

Me: I have standards. I'm not going to comprimise.

Her: Well we need a break to think about things. You're not going to have my number for a while.

Me: I didn't ask for it.

Her: This doesn't mean you can go see other girls.

Me: I'm single. I can do what I want.

Her: Well if it happens it happens but I don't want you to go look for someone.

Me: I've got to go. Bye.

And I hung up. How did I do?

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You did well! Now seal the deal by going out with other women and having fun!

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mad props. now do exactly everything you said. Don't keep in contact with her and start playing the field again. I wouldn't suggest even considering getting back with her unless she begs you consistently for a good month or so.

HariPoter13

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SamMalone said:
(Insert: She's bad about flirting with other guys, I've called her on it. She has also gone out one on one with guy "friends" and I said that's unacceptable)

I wonder what you did to piss her off? Either that or the girl is a possessive maniac, and you dont want crazy girls in your life.

You're not going to have my number for a while.
Hahaha. Totally possessive. She is a sociopath.
http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She didn't change her number because of me. She had been talking about it for a while because she kept getting calls for some girl that had the phone number before her. I think she knew I was getting distant and tried to do a pre-emptive break to try to grab frame control. I am confident that by this time next week she will try to get back with me.

ThatMysteriousGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SamMalone said:
{snip}
Her: Well we need a break to think about things. You're not going to have my number for a while.

Me: I didn't ask for it.

Me: I'm single. I can do what I want.

{snip}

And I hung up. How did I do?
You did spectacular. :cheer:

I find it a bit amusing that you're supposed to be the controlling one yet that's all she did in the conversation. She can't see that she's the one doing it.

Projection at it's finest.

Get yourself a better woman. From your calm & logical conversation it's obvious you deserve a much better one that will appreciate those qualities you're working on. Good women appreciate a man who stands up for himself and they're quite high in demand due to how very rare they are. You'll be treated like a king.

Drewskie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Like a pimp brother. Kindy shady she told you over the phone, she was probbaly with the "other" guy when she called you.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
quick, change your number tomorrow so she can't call you when she changes her mind.
do it.
i dare you!
cause it's hilarious and you know deep down that it's the right thing to do.

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Penkitten, I thought of that RIGHT after she called. It would be hilarious but I'm not going to even bother giving her that much of my time.

I'm not going to lie. It feels....strange not talking to her. Sure, I'm going to go out and bang my brains out this week, but the quiet nights like tonight are the ones that are going to tough to get through. It's amazing how once you break up you forget all the bad times and remember the good, no matter how rare they were.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
next week, she will start calling like crazy...
you are going to wish you changed it.

katatonia

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SamMalone said:
...then...

SamMalone said:

OH MY GOD LOL

By the way you did fine. She was expecting you to beg and plead and explain yourself about how you're not really controlling (you probably aren't) and you need another chance etc which of course would not have worked. I have a feeling she will call you up in the near future asking for a 'reunion', especially if she finds out you have been looking at other chicks.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well played.

Also, she probably will come crawling back pretty soon, but how was this girl prior to this event?

She seems a bit messed up, dumping you and then having the nerve to try and tell you not to see other women?

I've had a girl try that on me too.. it's like, w.t.f.?

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She was ok. Like I said, bad problem with flirting that she "doesn't know she is doing", and way back when we first started dating she went out as "friends" with a few guys. I told her both were unnacceptable. To the best of my knowledge she hasn't made any guy friends since. She also toned down the flirting big time, although occasionally made a few mistakes in that area.

When she said that I can't see other girls I figured this was not a real breakup but an attempted frame grab that I shut down. Also, her tone of voice was interesting. It started as though she had a life breakthrough by coming to the conclusion that she couldn't be with me. Then when I shut her down with "ok", I could tell she was blindsided.

I actually think that she could not believe that I was serious about the guy friend thing and that she was going to call my bluff. When she realised I wasn't backing down, worry set in with the not telling me to see other girls. I know this girl well....a real breakup from her would have been "I can't be with you. You're annoying. Goodbye". She tried to keep me on the line on this one, but I was the one that hung up.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i understand everything your saying but it sounded so much cooler when u didn't explain it.

Cinamon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If i were her, i would be so p1ssed off right now. lol.

I wonder if girls can pull that off?

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Long term or short term relationships - the sh!t tests and frame grabs never stop. You're being probed for weakness. Stick with YOUR ideals. You may occasionally loose a girl but think of it as a filtering process. You just increased your value and broke her frame grab / bad behaviour. You may also have eliminated a head case. Stick to your guns and when she comes crawling back be even stricter.