Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good looking guys here in awesome shape

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
do you get a lot more female attention at low body fat percentage than say 15 to 18%??

IMO, unless you have fine/feminine features in the face, men look 2 pts better at 9% BF than 15 to 18%. The face looks way more masculine and chiseled and high testosterone

Do you have more women approach you at 9% body fat?

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
9% isn't sustainable or healthy, i've been there and my libido dried up and i got sick all the time.

12% is the sweet spot, don't belive the BS you see online, at 12% you should have very visable abs and barely any pinchable fat anywhere on your body. IT's sustainable and healthy.

I usually bulk to 14% then cut to 10%, i'm always in that range and even up at 14% girls ALWAYS compliment my physique as exceptional.

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The pics below are BS

From left to right he looks like

18%
16%
14%
13%
10%

He also has very little lean mass on his frame, so he looks worse at 13% than would a guy with more lean muscle mass such as myself, because there's not as much to show

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Y u askin this sht? U must be good lookin in shape with sht together. U r a troll —- there is a possibility that no american woman wants an armenian. Only one thing 2 do, take ur sht to russian miami and let it loose mother fvcker im tired reading u here, in fact i dont even read u no more

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
9% isn't sustainable or healthy, i've been there and my libido dried up and i got sick all the time.
not sustainable? where does this nonsense come from?

maintaining at low BF% isn't difficult, all you need to do is eat maintenance level calories (which should be around 2800 calories when you are say 185 lbs @ 9% BF). You're saying it's difficult to stick to 2800 calories a day?

if you eat maintenance level calories, you're never going to gain weight, even if you're 6% BF. This is basic rules of science 101

Last edited:

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do you get a lot more female attention at low body fat percentage than say 15 to 18%??

IMO, unless you have fine/feminine features in the face, men look 2 pts better at 9% BF than 15 to 18%. The face looks way more masculine and chiseled and high testosterone

Do you have more women approach you at 9% body fat?
Depends imo some ppl with a very low bf can look unhealthy.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got to say that the ppl that come to my mind when i say look unhealthy, are some of my friend that run marathon, low bf with low muscle mass(Some of them look like skeleton, that cant me healthy)

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Got to say that the ppl that come to my mind when i say look unhealthy, are some of my friend that run marathon, low bf with low muscle mass(Some of them look like skeleton, that cant me healthy)
those are people with no muscle mass and likely feminine/fine facial features

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone's body is different. I have no idea what my body fat percentage is. I also have no idea how much I weight, I don't have a scale and I don't want one. Back during my last annual physical, in November, I weighed in at 176 lbs I'm guessing I'm about the same. If I lost anymore weight I would look like a POW, and would have to spend about 6 more hours a week in the gym to build up muscles so I wouldn't look like a concentration camp survivor, and I don't have time for that sh!t.

Obsessing over your weight and and agonizing about how you look is chick-like behavior and VERY un-masculine.

Having said that, don't be a fat-@ss. If you have a belly, lose that sh!t. Focus more on what your body can do and not so much on how it looks and you will be fine.

I bike to work 5 days a week, about 18 miles a day (so my endurance stays strong). I lift once every 3 days (so I don't lose strength), and practice yoga every other day (to maintain flexibility) I really don't care how I look, I do this to be healthy, and how I look just happens.

I laugh at the narcissistic clowns at the gym flexing in the mirrors, most who have a great upper body, but little chicken thin legs who look more like roosters than human beings, and who are always injuring themselves because they fail to take the time to build flexibility.

Build PRACTICAL strength, endurance, and flexibility. Don't eat like a fvcking idiot and drink too much and you will be better than 75% of western males.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone's body is different. I have no idea what my body fat percentage is. I also have no idea how much I weight, I don't have a scale and I don't want one. Back during my last annual physical, in November, I weighed in at 176 lbs I'm guessing I'm about the same. If I lost anymore weight I would look like a POW, and would have to spend about 6 more hours a week in the gym to build up muscles so I wouldn't look like a concentration camp survivor, and I don't have time for that sh!t.

Obsessing over your weight and and agonizing about how you look is chick-like behavior and VERY un-masculine.

Having said that, don't be a fat-@ss. If you have a belly, lose that sh!t. Focus more on what your body can do and not so much on how it looks and you will be fine.

I bike to work 5 days a week, about 18 miles a day (so my endurance stays strong). I lift once every 3 days (so I don't lose strength), and practice yoga every other day (to maintain flexibility) I really don't care how I look, I do this to be healthy, and how I look just happens.

I laugh at the narcissistic clowns at the gym flexing in the mirrors, most who have a great upper body, but little chicken thin legs who look more like roosters than human beings, and who are always injuring themselves because they fail to take the time to build flexibility.

Build PRACTICAL strength, endurance, and flexibility. Don't eat like a fvcking idiot and drink too much and you will be better than 75% of western males.
I'm not looking to be better than 75%, im looking to be top 5%

the key is to have that lean, angular, super masculine look in face

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not looking to be better than 75%, im looking to be top 5%

the key is to have that lean, angular, super masculine look in face
Much of that is genetic. Just like not everyone can play in the NBA, or NFL... if your body frame will not support looking good with low body fat, then it will be effort to no purpose. If you have a body-builder frame, then go for it, if that is what you want and how you want to spend your time. But the simple truth is that if you have a good proportional frame, then just a normal workout and diet will put you in the top 5%.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Much of that is genetic. Just like not everyone can play in the NBA, or NFL... if your body frame will not support looking good with low body fat, then it will be effort to no purpose. If you have a body-builder frame, then go for it, if that is what you want and how you want to spend your time. But the simple truth is that if you have a good proportional frame, then just a normal workout and diet will put you in the top 5%.
I have a very wide frame with a very strong jawline/chin and high cheekbones (you guys have seen my pics)

9% BF would be awesome for me

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

12% is the sweet spot, don't belive the BS you see online, at 12% you should have very visable abs and barely any pinchable fat anywhere on your body. IT's sustainable and healthy.

I usually bulk to 14% then cut to 10%, i'm always in that range and even up at 14% girls ALWAYS compliment my physique as exceptional.
You're not wrong. Unless you're naturally an ectomorph, single digit bodyfat takes some serious work to the point where you're not able to enjoy life.

Or just get on some winstrol year round.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
You're not wrong. Unless you're naturally an ectomorph, single digit bodyfat takes some serious work to the point where you're not able to enjoy life.

Or just get on some winstrol year round.
why do people keep perpetuating this nonsense?

once you get to 9 bf%, you just have to eat your maintenance level calories and you won't gain weight. Its not scientifically possible to eat maintenance calories and gain weight.

what's maintenance? lets say its 2700, you're telling me its difficult to stick to that?

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why do people keep perpetuating this nonsense?

once you get to 9 bf%, you just have to eat your maintenance level calories and you won't gain weight. Its not scientifically possible to eat maintenance calories and gain weight.

what's maintenance? lets say its 2700, you're telling me its difficult to stick to that?
Single digit body fat is incredibly hard to get to. I don't think you understand that. Keeping it there requires giving 100% effort year round, which is harder than you're making it sound.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of people are leaving out one key explanation that would clear Dave's confusion: single digit bodyfat isn't easy to obtain and isn't sustainable because of what it does to your hormone levels.

If you watch any natural bodybuilder go through their show prep where they get to 6-8% bf, they are extremely drained, low testosterone and VERY irritable. This is why it's unsustainable.

You can do it, but it's not worth it to hold this state for a long time. Its not healthy from a hormonal standpoint. Yes it may LOOK healthy but that's different. Not to mention that the pictures shared that have low bf have a LOT of muscle. You do not. If you were 185 with 8% bf, you would look like a Greek god. But again, this isn't sustainable for hormonal reasons. You need hormone balance to be a functioning human.

Just increase your muscle mass and hold 12%. Sustainable.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Single digit body fat is incredibly hard to get to. I don't think you understand that. Keeping it there requires giving 100% effort year round, which is harder than you're making it sound.
you're not understanding basic laws of science

you do not gain weight unless you eat above maintenance level calories. This rule does not change at 9% BF or 20%. Are you saying its difficult to eat 2500 to 2800 calories?

getting down to 9% is very hard, maintaining is pretty easy