Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good Drink other than beer

Reaction score
Lately I've just been drinking Michelob Ultra because it's the low-carb beer. But maybe I should switch to mixed drinks. What's good and seemingly sophisticated? (As sophisticated as any poison can be)

I was at a strip club recently and a stripper suggested a drink called a Starburst, which is a fruity vodka drink. I ordered one at Hooters and a different strip club and both bartenders said I just taught them a new drink.

But I don't think that can be my staple. I should get something more manly. Keeping in mind that I drink heavily when I drink, and liquor especially tends to get me angry lol.

Designer Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this one drink in Egypt about ten years ago and he called it green orchid. It was basically like a mojito but tasted nicer to me. Like a mint mouthwash. Never been able to get it anywhere since.

Reaction score
I had this one drink in Egypt about ten years ago and he called it green orchid. It was basically like a mojito but tasted nicer to me. Like a mint mouthwash. Never been able to get it anywhere since.
Mojito. That's a nice drink.

Nothing like chilling with a mojito wearing some Vans with no-show socks, driving a Lamborghini at Hooters.

Reaction score
Sophistication is not so much in the type of drink you order, but in the specific liquors/brands that you request in your drink. A person who has developed a discriminating palate is a sign of a person who appreciates certain qualities, standards and preferences, which is where sophistication comes into the picture. I can order a simple "rum and coke" and either let the bartender decide or suggest the rum (which can result in a crappy drink if they don't care), I can order the common Captain Morgan or Bacardi and Coke specifically, or I can really raise the bar and request something like a very high quality Ron Zacapa rum in particular with a "splash" of Coke on the rocks.

If you want to develop a more sophisticated palate of your own, my tip would be to just stick to what you normally drink for now and experiment with just one or two, small glasses of straight up liquor, no ice (to avoid judging a liquor that is watered down), each time you go out. Ask the bartender for their own suggestions on individual whiskeys, bourbon, scotches, etc. and find the ones that most appeal to you. I was recently introduced in this way to an extremely smooth, high quality bourbon called Angel's Envy that I would highly recommend to anyone who fancies bourbons, for example. You can then start to request those specific brands in whatever mixed drink you order from there on out.

Moderation is also a form of sophistication as well, which is hard to pull off if you're pounding down these "sophisticated" drinks like a frat boy.

Reservation is also a good form of "sophistication". Johnny Walker Blue or Gold may be an extremely high quality Whiskey Scotch blend, but it is not something I will order at the bar. It would be overkill and try hard to do so in my opinion. Such a drink is better reserved for the home stock and saved for "special occasions".
I've been to enough AA and NA meetings to know that a sophisticated person wouldn't be drinking alcohol at all.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keeping in mind that I drink heavily when I drink, and liquor especially tends to get me angry lol.
I thought you might be an angry drunk. If it has a negative effect on you, maybe you should stop drinking.
But to answer your question, it's hard to go wrong with martinis. And this is not a mixed drink, but brandy?
If you like Snoop Dogg, tanqueray and tonic.
J.R. Ewing used to drink Bourbon and branch water.
Those are all what they call men's drinks.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought you might be an angry drunk. If it has a negative effect on you, maybe you should stop drinking.
But to answer your question, it's hard to go wrong with martinis. And this is not a mixed drink, but brandy?
If you like Snoop Dogg, tanqueray and tonic.
J.R. Ewing used to drink Bourbon and branch water.
Those are all what they call men's drinks.
Keep in mind that J.R. in real life, Larry Hagman was an alcoholic. Not really the best person to take as a role model for drinking. Martinis.. Okay, Mr. Bond. Tanqueray, real classy; in South LA / Compton.

@RichardTheFrog, in all seriousness, what I, Zekko or LJC like may be different than what you like. You should go to a bar and just sample different drinks that the bartender recommends. However, if you are an alcoholic, that should be addressed. Here are some options.