Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Going to Uni at 26

John Constantine

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm planning to go back to school to do a degree in administration.. I don't know how it's working in the us but here in canada, since I've been off the school system for more than 2 years, I have to complete one year of preparation at uni before starting the actual degree. 4 years + 1 year = 5 years so I would finish at 31 meaning I would live like a poor student for 5 years ..

Now I'm making around 50 000 a year as a truck driver, it's not enough and I hate my job, I feel like I'm wasting my potential. Going to uni as always been a dream of mine but it scares me at the same time. The life on the campus seems so fun, something that I would love to live.. I dont want to get ****faced all the time because I would be there to change my life but I'm thriving to live this experience not only for a career reorientation.

So my questions are :

How would it be beneficial in regards of social skills and practicing my DJ's skills ?

How is it for a guy of my age at uni ?

How would it be beneficial for real inner confidence ?

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
just do it. im going for uni year since now im 23 now so i will start 24 (if i pass exam), if not then 25. i will stay just for 3 years but maybe longer however im not masochist so

John Constantine

Don Juan
Reaction score
You will need to socialize a lot in uni group works etc. So you will meet new people, I think this will be beneficial for social skills in general.

It's nice. You can meet a lot of girls there if you are not busy studying for your courses. You will be one of the older people there which I see as advantage. BUT there will also plenty of retard students who think because they are studying they are something better.

It is a nice boost for your confidence to have your degree after 3-4 years, but essentially you will need to find job afterwards, and if this does not happen it can affect your confidence negativly.
But you have good chances to find a decent job if you gain some work exprience during your studies.

In general you will learn to interact with a lot of different people there. And also I would recommend you to live outside the student doorms.
If I live outside of the students doorms I'll have to live with my parents.. Not quite practical when it comes to logistic. Where am I gonna bang the girls ?

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
You sarcastic remark does not consinder that the fact that you Can have sex in dorms Can cause alot of Drama and other unessassary bullsh¡t like gossiping jealousy and so on...which will make focusing on your studies harder..
i was not sarcastic dude. you can have sex there but its limited as its less private and you usually live with other person of the same genre

TheProspect

Reaction score
Don’t make decisions based on logistics when it comes to bedding women or being a DJ at university.

Make decisions that have the end in mind. Think long-term. Your priorities in university should be networking and developing a work ethic through productive habits, which will appeal to those you network with.

I started university last year when I was 23, I’m going for a BBA in Canada as well.

In regards to your question:
Social skills: Your social skills will definitely improve if your force yourself to be more extroverted and talk to people. The context of being classmates, or being fellow students at the same university, make it so much easier to approach people. Do it often.

Age in uni: I’m just a few years younger than you (I’m 24), but my age has been irrelevant and not a problem since I’ve started. I have a better understanding of social dynamics than I did when I was 18-22, if you want to call that an advantage.

Inner confidence: That’s up to you if it enhances it or hinders it. I take pride in my GPA, enjoy the opportunity to network, enjoy the opportunity talk to new girls every time I’m on campus, and I take pride that I’m taking steps to advance in life. It helps my confidence.

Just remember, you’re at university to better your own life, don’t revolve your studies around gaming women and where you’re going to bang them. Think of the bigger picture (You’re posting this on the Wealth & Success forum afterall). Have fun obviously, but always have the end in mind.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely try to live in dorm for at least first year. The connections you make will last years and will mean youre never short of friends.

Join societies, specifically a sports society that is a popular sport. Like basketball. That's where all the fun socials, status, and girls will be at. Plus the sense of brotherhood you have with your teammates is great. But generally any society is good to join for the new connections, and perhaps trying a new activity you always wanted to do.

Since youlle have all these connections you can practice your dj skills with many women.

You are exposed to ppl and girls of different races and cultures like never before. It'll widen your horizons, dealing with different women, it'll give you confidence that you have this type of experience. Youlle also find out what you like more when you try different things which will help you know yourself better, thus become more confident.

Don't worry about being older, I know guys who joined undergrad at 25 26 etc. They were all fine. A bonus is that you look younger than you are, or if you're hot, then ppl will be willing to overlook the age gap faster. Also, postgrads are basically in that age group and they're all around campus so you won't be alone.

Go for it man, I'd say make the most of the unique opportunities too. Research like crazy about what your uni offers you, and go for it if you want. But never lose sight of the end goal which is to build your career up. Uni goes by so fast it's unreal so enjoy.