"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Going to the movies for first and second dates??? (bad?)

Drex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 6, 2002
Messages
568
Reaction score
0
Well on Vday this (new) girl I work with and I went to a midnight movie after we got out of work. It was sort of a spur of the moment thing because neither of us had dates/plans. We hit it off pretty well so the next day at work I told her we should go out again and she agreed enthusiastically. I got her number and I'm going to call her and set something up, this time being more of a real first date.

Problem is, there really isnt much to do around here in the winter time! I was thinking we could get some drinks and a bite to eat and see another movie but is that too lame to take her to the movies for the first 2 times we've gone out? I really dont have any better ideas. Maybe just drinks and a meal is good enough? Any ideas would be much appreciated!
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Trapspringer

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2003
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
I would try something different-anything other than what you did on the first date.
All I read around here is action date this and action date that. If a guy is fun and exciting, you can take a woman to the middle of nowhere and show her a good time with good company and she'd appreciate it. Just stick with the variety and be fun without looking like you are trying to do so.


Back in undergrad, I seeing this chic for about 6 months and we spent 90% of our time together in my bedroom.
We went to the same university and I lived directly across from it so she would just come right over after classes. I was dating someone else at the time and didn't want to be seen with her out on the town so the few times I did take this chic outside, it was usually to a dark movie theater with a baseball cap on my head. Although I consider myself fun company, I don't know how in the hell she dealt with the monotony for so long. We caught up again last year and began emailing eachother and she sarcastically expressed her feelings about the lack of variety so be careful in that town where there isn't much to do.
 

Drex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 6, 2002
Messages
568
Reaction score
0
I'm thinkin maybe a billiards where we can have some drinks and play pool. Only thing is most of them are pretty sleezy around here. THere's a nice one about 30-40 min away though.

Damn this is tough. Is driving 45+ min away to Boston too much driving for a first date? I know there's a lot to do in the city but I'm thinkin that's too long of a drive at this early stage...She did tell me she was a city girl though, hmmm. I could take her to see Blue Man Group...that show is a BLAST. It's funny and interactive, such an awesome place to take a girl, BUT tickets are like $40 each.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Dude, you've got to use your imagination. Look in your local paper in the Arts & Entertainment section. Check out college newspapers, there's got to be something happening somewhere.

Even if it's just a road trip to another town to see what they have going on, just do it. Even make something up that you guys can do at home, making an effort will pay off in the long run.
 
Top