Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Going to bars and clubs alone

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I just got flaked on with an hour's notice. Tinder chick.

Obviously deleted her number. Tried calling a few friends but everyone seems to be either busy or out with their girlfriends. My normally dependable housemates are out of town.

I hate the idea of staying in on the weekend and honestly I'm never going to meet the women I desire watching The Walking Dead on a Saturday night.

Never gone out on my own before, but I'm sipping some Whisky, listening to some party music. Dinner is in the oven and I'm ready to get tonight started.

How do you approach things? Do I need an alibi if anyone asks why I'm on my own. Thinking of saying something like "out with a mate and his missus but they had a domestic so went home".

logicallefty

Reaction score
In my younger days I felt the exact same. But now not only do I enjoy going out alone sometimes I feel no thoughts or obligation to tell anybody why I am alone. It's part of growing into that phase of life where you just don't give a sh!t what people think. It's a feeling of peace like you would never believe once you get to it.

Another thing I have done is establish myself as a regular at a couple of bars. That way when i go there i almost always have somebody to socialize with any given time. Even if it's just the bartender. I have two like that; one close to one of my jobs and one close to home. I haven't gone there a lot lately but I guarantee if I did tonight the chance of me seeing somebody I knew would be extremely high. I don't drink alcohol at bars anymore but I drink Diet Coke. That's another thing I don't care about. If I want a Diet Coke I get a Diet Coke. I don't care what people think about that.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Going out alone, a moderate IDGAF attitude and a high personal confidence level are the keys to having a good time and meeting new females.
You owe no one an explanation for why you are there alone. If a known friend asks, treat it like a s**t test.
Focus on having a good time.

Last edited:

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple, just go out with the "IDAGF" attitude as mentioned earlier. Most importantly don't put any pressure on yourself, do what you want and just have a good time. Sooner or later (if you haven't done so already) you have to get comfortable going out alone and not be dependant on others for guidance/support. You can only grow for this.

WanderingMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to go out to bars alone all the time. I was apprehensive at first, however I quickly found out what an advantage it is. First of all, you'd be surprised how many women go out alone. You don't recognize it because once a woman gets to the bar by herself, she can pretty much talk to anyone, plus they sometimes know people, so most alone women will usually be with some group...until they find a better "group" to be with...and that's where you come in.

IME, women like to talk to men who are out alone. A lot of their experience has shown that another friend can sometimes be a nuisance. If they see a cool guy to talk to, who's out by himself like them, they'll jump on that opportunity.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Never gone out on my own before...
How do you approach things? Do I need an alibi if anyone asks why I'm on my own. Thinking of saying something like "out with a mate and his missus but they had a domestic so went home".
I've gone out alone 5,000 times. I hardly ever pick up girls while with a friend.

It's Saturday night. You put on a tie, you go to one of the trendier restaurants, you sit at the bar, you order an appetizer, talk to the barmaids and patrons and have a glass of Cabernet or a Vodka soda with lime. Just people watch. Nobody will ever ask you why you are alone, unless it's a girl who is inviting you to sit with her.

I do find that super late night is a bust when alone. You pick up women between 9 and 10pm usually, or you go home by midnight.

You definitely don't tell some diabolical lie about why you are alone.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do find that super late night is a bust when alone. You pick up women between 9 and 10pm usually, or you go home by midnight.

This and dont be afraid to approach couple of girls in that time span, they are more receptive to talking and as long as you keep it light and funny you are allowed to run your game.

Pick one then create the frame that you will help the other to get a good guy, at the same time dont neglect too much the one you didnt chose.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Glad you made this thread. I was texting a plate and she wanted to hook up later but I feel like going out. Gonna take some of the tips here, go over to her place after.

What kind of bars do you guys go to? Dives ? Restaurent mix bars or bars that are half barhalf club?

Billtx49

Reaction score
What kind of bars do you guys go to? Dives ? Restaurent mix bars or bars that are half barhalf club?
Most will work if there is a bar. Alcohol is a great mixer. I tend to stay away from the restaurant/bar setting though. Too many taken females in the mix with dates or husbands in tow in those venues.

Any single women (usually with female friend or two) are just at the bar waiting to eat or to get men to buy them dinner after a few drinks and convo. A by herself single female is a rarity in a restaurant/bar setting, but can happen occasionally.
The odds are against you at that type of venue.

Last edited:

ApolloSunGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
You just have to go out and do your own thing, I do it all time and enjoy my own company.. it gives you time to be more independent and be more confident, it also gives you time to freshen up your skills and meet new people let it be a bar, restaurant, club.. If they ask if your by yourself ignore question or tell them straight up..
Just walk in with a strong frame like you own the place, don't worry what everyone is doing or no explanation to anyone just game..
usually ill just people watch and look for behaviors woman put out like red flags.. sometimes ill watch these beta, white knight spend tons of money buying girls drink and have a good laugh when these woman ditches these chumps with a high tab and there d**ks in their hands "don't be that guy"...
who know you might game a girl and shell be the one buying you drink and if you score at the end that's a +..

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, never offer to buy any girls drinks (who aren't working).

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late

Yeah late night is awful when you're alone. Early in the night, women are BORED and more open to chatting.

Later in the night, it's a sausage fest and the few remaining women have their guards up.

Bored and friendly or drunk and bytchy? I like the former.

Plus, if you are alone, you want a SEAT at the bar. That requires that you arrive early on a busy night. I don't want to be STANDING alone with a drink behind seated people. That feels very weird and creepy in a packed bar.

Last edited:

Chev.Chelios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahah iv gotten that question a couple times,

Omg, why did you come out alone.. giving you a look of disapproval.
Because im not a ***** and desperately hide in a group of people the whole night.

SERIOUS PET PEEVE.. people clinging to there little circle groups backs turned to
everybody, horrified with socializing, makes approaching sets awkward, literally
have to tap the girls on the shoulder to talk to them, while the eyes of hate from
her friends burn holes though you, hahahhha im still new

People are so tough and confident when their friends are around...
(I know i am, lols)
human nature i suppose.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Early in the night girls will assume you will score. Late in the night you become that creepy stalker guy whose standing by himself.

One reason people probably don't like going out alone is because they are still in their home town and know everyone. To work on your DJ skills, try going out alone in a new city.