Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Going out to eat

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
1,919
Reaction score
218
If a girl takes you out to eat and pays...is that like giving you confirmation to screw?
She casually took me out multiple times, for sandwiches, you know, nothing fancy.
Now I'm thinking I should have at least made out with her lol
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

bcude

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
762
Reaction score
1,219
Age
44
Ask yourself, if you would want to take a girl out (not as friends) and pay for her multiple times, would you do it out of pure kindness or because you wanted something from her (fvck)?
She's making an investment because she sees value (you). Good position for you. Make a move next time.

Also, don't wait for confirmations to do X Y Z. Do what you feel like doing and see how it's going.
 

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
1,919
Reaction score
218
...well....I'm no hobo...lol.
As for the fact that she did it repeatedly because she saw value in me....in hopes that I kiss her or give her my life.
That's like buying my love isn't it?
I did think she was nice and wanted to hang out and chill with a quality dude and offering to pay would be easier for me to say yes to, instead of going to the gym or hanging with my Bros or family.
 

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
1,178
Age
60
Location
Scandinavia
women crave resources that men provide, money or food does not seem to be what she wants...

sex?
help with her car?
help with (insert task)?
sex?
 
Last edited:

Doctor Europeo

Moderator
Joined
Mar 6, 2017
Messages
4,412
Reaction score
4,793
Location
Mexico
If a girl takes you out to eat and pays...is that like giving you confirmation to screw?
She casually took me out multiple times, for sandwiches, you know, nothing fancy.
Now I'm thinking I should have at least made out with her lol
"Thanks for treating me to lunch. Come to my place _________ night and we´ll watch a movie and drink some wine".

U r welcome.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

gettinit

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Messages
240
Reaction score
202
women crave resources that men provide, money does not seem to be what she wants...

sex?
help with her car?
help with (insert task)?
sex?
Don't forget company.
Some just can't go anywhere alone. Even if she doesn't see you as dating material, she may see you as a seat filler and she can rent you here and there.

I advise making the girl pick up the check, as a matter of course...if you can get away with it
@ShePays I would NEVER have expected that from you
 

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
1,178
Age
60
Location
Scandinavia
Even if she doesn't see you as dating material, she may see you as a seat filler and she can rent you here and there.
another reason to not hang out girls you are just friends with
 

bcude

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
762
Reaction score
1,219
Age
44
Don't forget company.
Some just can't go anywhere alone. Even if she doesn't see you as dating material, she may see you as a seat filler and she can rent you here and there.
If we assume that she's attractive, which we always do here, then she got orbiters lined up for that exact purpose. And she will sure as day let them pay to be in her company, or at most split the bill. This one wants the D(eliverance).
 

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
898
Reaction score
1,029
I've been in this situation before several times.

If a chick treats you well when you go out it means:

1) She makes good money
2) She wants to f*ck
3) She values your time
4) She's investing in you
5) You've got the upper hand

On the looks scale, you're probably somewhere above her.
Like maybe she's a 6 and she thinks you're a 10
 

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
1,919
Reaction score
218
seat filler .....what do we mean by seat filler?

She has friends... and family, supposedly that fill those "seats"....
And if she thinks I'm above her on looks, and she knows that,...why would she put herself in a situation where I am a in control.



Low self esteem....
Really trying to tie me down, in the wrong way?
I mean, she doesn't even hug me or punch me in the shoulder or anything.
I figure she was maltreated before and I'm just the Right guy to bring her back to human kindness.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,149
Reaction score
5,055
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
If a girl takes you out to eat and pays...is that like giving you confirmation to screw?
Not confirmation, but I'd say the odds are in your favor.

She casually took me out multiple times, for sandwiches, you know, nothing fancy.
Now I'm thinking I should have at least made out with her lol
Why haven't you?

I gotta say, this sounds like you're very shy, passive and insecure. You're looking for confirmation/permission to escalate, you won't take even a slight risk and you seek certainty.

Let me tell you, there is never certainty with these things unless she makes the first move which is generally unlikely. You need to man up and make a move, someone has to go first and usually it's expected the man to do so. Be a man and take the hint.

If she has to force it by going first you'll become less appealing to her. Reading the hints and taking the risk is sexy, best way to show that you are socially competent and have the balls.

Continuing to be passive about this will either land you firmly in the friendzone or she'll lose interest completely and ghost you.
 

_sideways_

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
1,919
Reaction score
218
....it's not that I don't "man" up...
I legit think that she was hurt before and hence needed a friend more than she needed a guy to pump and dump....
Not that I'm a jerk, but she doesn't match my perspective of a long term partner.
For example, she is not funny at all.
Very sweet and kind ...and I hope she doesn't think that those qualities plus taking someone out to eat and a movie are qualities to ensure a happy relationship.
I am used to girls slobbering like Dutch hounds, but even casually brushing my shoulder...which she hasn't done.
All she did was pick me up, stop by the drive thru, go see a movie...not even once brushed her hand against mine.
I know she's not a virgin...
Hence my curiosity about it all.
I take it as some girls pay for things...unless I'm not seeing what you guys see
 

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,743
Reaction score
1,178
Age
60
Location
Scandinavia
casually brushing my shoulder...which she hasn't done.
but she buys you stuff
You're looking for confirmation/permission to escalate, you won't take even a slight risk and you seek certainty.
it seems this is you OP.

YOU should be the one to initiate physical contact. A man LEADS (aka: initiates)

Be a man and initiate or drop her (so she can go find someone to reciprocate her signs of interest)
 

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
876
Age
38
I've somewhat been in the OP's position. It's a mixture of uninterested girls always offering to pay for drinks so that they owe me nothing (but would interested girls offer to pay too? I don't know...) and attention whöres leading me on with IOIs only to shut me down when I make a move.

A toxic cöcktail of uncertainty. It makes me less brazen in escalating, as I suspect she's just another attention whöre.

OP, follow Dr.Rocanlover's advice and invite her over. Tell her to bring something sweet to eat so she'll continue to invest in you. Sit alongside her and lean into her and see if she leans back.
 
Top