"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Going on vacation with your sister

Trump

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
3,000
Reaction score
1,669
I have quite a few friends who have done this. Their sisters are educated, late 20s, look decent. They go on a trip together overseas to Japan to Italy or something. Go sightseeing, eat together, go on tours, share a hotel room with 2 beds.

Is this not strange? Doesn’t it mean they are desperately in love with their sister? I won’t even talk to my female cousin for more than 30 seconds alone, yet alone go on a 1-on-1 trip with her.

Thoughts?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 7, 2012
Messages
5,509
Reaction score
5,685
Not necessarily weird. No different than going on vacation with your brother or your parents.
 

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 6, 2015
Messages
3,671
Reaction score
2,309
Location
Australia
Kinda weird to me. Coz they might want to hook up with some guy and I don't want to see that.
 

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
Not necessarily weird. No different than going on vacation with your brother or your parents.
It is weird, once family vacation time in the adolescent age is over and done, it’s not normal unless a man is abnormally close to his sister or they both have no other spare time options …
Adulthood usually changes the earlier sibling role interaction template forever…
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
It really depends on the relationship you have with your family. Some people get along great with their families. I personally can't stand being around my mother for more than a couple of hours let alone a whole day while other people would love to spend an entire day with their mother.
 
Joined
Jul 1, 2019
Messages
129
Reaction score
113
Age
46
It's not weird.. but why I would have a much better time going with my friends. The fact that they are choosing their sister over their tribe is weird.
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
I have quite a few friends who have done this. Their sisters are educated, late 20s, look decent. They go on a trip together overseas to Japan to Italy or something. Go sightseeing, eat together, go on tours, share a hotel room with 2 beds.

Is this not strange? Doesn’t it mean they are desperately in love with their sister? I won’t even talk to my female cousin for more than 30 seconds alone, yet alone go on a 1-on-1 trip with her.

Thoughts?
They lucky they have a sister I guess to do that with. They have more exposure with the opposite sex within their age group so interactions with women don't seem so foreign.
 
Top