Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Going on a trip alone

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
With my current work I get a decent amount of vacation. Unfortunately I need to take some of that vacation whenever my friends stil have to work. So about 4-5 weeks a year I just sit at home doing nothing, which frustrates me, but it still strikes me as odd or scares me a bit to go on a trip alone.

I know I don't have to think about it and just do it. People are always more interested in themself than others and thus when I would be on a terrace to eat or drink something alone, people basically wouldn't care. But still...

I'm just looking for opinions about this, about whether I should do this or not. I'm a very introvert kind of guy, I would barely talk to locals beside 2-3 basic kind of questions and that's it. So in the evening I would be in my hotel room waiting for the next day...

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Definitely go alone.

Trying to make FIRM travel plans with friends is a nightmare anyway.

It’s actually EASIER for an introvert to travel solo because we are low-maintenance and don’t require much attention.

If you must eat alone, sit at the bar. It’s totally cool to do that, and you can chat with the bartender.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Introverts and Extroverts have two completely different mindsets.

If you're an introvert I don't recommend this since you would be wasting your money and wouldn't be taking full advantage of your vacation.

The bottom line is do what makes YOU feel good, whether it's binge watching movies all weekend long for your vacation or traveling to an unfamiliar area.
I'm not an introvert by any means so I don't quite know how introverts use their free time.
I've been on many solo trips before and will proudly say traveling out of your home turf will renergize you, especially if you're driving.

Mr.Mac55

Don Juan
Reaction score
DO IT!

I'm an introvert and I took a solo trip to Belgium and Paris and it was the BEST 10 days I've had in many, many year. Do whatever I want, go wherever I want, eat whatever I want. Even met a beautiful gal in Belgium and had an amazing night of drinks and sex.

Basically I just walked around the cities and took in all the sights. I loved it. Brought home some Cuban rum, two bottles. It was great. Do it. You'll be happy you did.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With my current work I get a decent amount of vacation. Unfortunately I need to take some of that vacation whenever my friends stil have to work. So about 4-5 weeks a year I just sit at home doing nothing, which frustrates me, but it still strikes me as odd or scares me a bit to go on a trip alone.

I know I don't have to think about it and just do it. People are always more interested in themself than others and thus when I would be on a terrace to eat or drink something alone, people basically wouldn't care. But still...

I'm just looking for opinions about this, about whether I should do this or not. I'm a very introvert kind of guy, I would barely talk to locals beside 2-3 basic kind of questions and that's it. So in the evening I would be in my hotel room waiting for the next day...
DO IT

Enjoy it!

It's time for yourself!

If you want to increase social interaction to a controllable level (you):

1)Go to all inclusive resort (Cuba - Mexico style) or Vacation Villages (Tourist cities usually around a beach, like thailand or mexico)

2) Take an Hostel/Youth Hostel! (its affordable and cheap, Europe have classy ones, its full of young women and men looking for adventure, there is commun areas where people play games/cook/drink/sing, the Hostel organize group activities, also Hostel have 1$ beer bars)... Hostel are best in cities.

3) Pick a city with a Nightlife (where people can go out!... Ex: Montreal, Paris, London, NYC etc. etc.. avoid ''bureaucrats cities''
Use internet - LonelyPlanet, TripAdvisor,Booking.com to review the places.

I've travelled a few times by myself and enjoy it... I've meet people along the way by participating in group activities of ''youth group/youth travel agency/hostel''.... You meet really interesting people, succesful people too (military engineer, meet a VP of GoldmanSach in a hostel, Program designer for Apple etc.), Adventurers (US - European students on vacation, our there 1 year world travel journey).

If you looking at Europe, they have Agencies that organize tours for youth only (18 to 35)... it's affordable, full of hotties of different countries, you'll likely get laid too,... it stimulate bounding at your space. Check up: Hagis Adventure Tour

Go for YOU, Recharge your batteries, bring the books you've always wanted to read.

I've read 2000 pages of Fantasy-Adventure Book in 1 week on a Cuban All-Included resort full of people on the party than sailed on a boat, meet 2 canadians and 1 usa girl with whom I had a good adventure... we did midnight beach resort crawling (jumping from 1 resort to another by the Beach connected entrance)..

In short: DO IT, Manage Money, Enjoy, it's fun to travel alone, and if you might feel ''lonely'' book places there is a ''party/vacation/group mentality'' (3 points above)

Have Fun and Report.

Travelling alone is TOTAL FREEDOM... And like being single (YOUR MASTER of YOUR AGENDA)

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with traveling alone.I am retired and have traveled the world alone (and had a blast ) .I take small trips alone without my girlfriend all the time.The ability to be comfortable being alone is a well known alpha male trait,beta males can't handle being alone they would fvcking cry.

M Musashi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do it.

Unless you're in like the <5th%ile in extroversion being introverted is irrelevant. Hell even reading a book in a foreign land beats reading a book in the stagnation of familiarity.

I've never traveled alone but I'm going to Egypy by myself soon, I've always had a strong interest in the pyramids/history. I couldn't care less if I don't meet any HB10 Cleopatras. Find something you're interested in and go get it.