Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Going in front of the judge tomorrow. Wish me luck.

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She got an attorney.. I didn't.. not yet. I'm hoping best case scenario... we hammer out the last two details of the Shared Parenting... worst case, I get a continuous, and get a lawyer.

Only thing we are battling is scheduling/amount of time I get to see my son.. and tax exempt, which I said she could have if I get reduced CS so I can put him on my health insurance.

Thoughts?

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very long, and strange day...

She had an attorney and I didn't... I was pretty much given everything I wanted, with hardly a fight. I was wondering to myself "...what am I missing here? This is way too easy."

As her attorney was writing up the agreement, I asked "...so what you writing is a modified version of the local law for shared parenting? ..since I'll have him everyother week during the summer, and 2 days out of the week?" he said "Yes." ..I then said "...and this will still offer me legal rights to my son? ...where he goes to school? ..who's his doctor? ...what church, etc?" ...he said "NO... long pause. I had no idea that's what you wanted, shared parenting?" I replied..

"Yes."

He stopped writing up the agreement, and I asked the judge for a Guardian litem.

I took my son to school this morning, and was suppose to pick him back up.... she denied me that and said "No more extra privileges."

My question is... I was pretty much given EVERYTHING I requested. When the subject of Shared Parenting (which was the reason I filed in the first place) was clarified, she freaked. So...
Why did she freak when I wanted Shared Parenting? It's pretty much what I was asking for and she was cool with, except the words 'Share Parenting' wasn't brought up. ...?????????

I'm still not sure why the collapse?

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She probably told her attorney that you were a selfish ba$tard & just wanted to skate on the CS payments. Now you look like a guy who wants MORE responsibility in his son's life than was originally though.

In other words...You look good...she looks like a liar.

IamMyownMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Time for a Family Law Attorney...your gut is telling you that you are missing something, but you haven't passed the bar so you don't know what. Without all the facts of the case, I doubt you'll get credible legal advice from SoSuave as it pertains to the jurisdiction the case is handled in...hell even with the facts.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds to me like a couple of things happened.

First, I would guess that she thought "Shared Parenting" meant how time was to be divided and nothing more. In other words, her expectation was that she would be making all the decisions on the items you assumed you would have a say on.

Second, and possibly related to the first. Her attorney knows this stuff and probably saw the gap and explained it to her (either beforehand and thus her reaction) or afterwards if they had time to consult. Any good lawyer is going to get as much as they can for their client. Clearly, he (and the mother) were assuming control of the items you stated.

One thing interesting here and somewhat unrelated - notice how your gut twinged and your reaction - you spoke up before you signed away. There's a lot of sheep out there that just sit and feel their gut but say nothing.

I hope you guys can find a way through this.

Ironically, if you guys have equal time and given equal time the CS payments aren't outrageous, then the only control left is the choices you both assumed you'd be making. In a way, it's like whoever comes out ahead on this part of the settlement is the winner by a nose.

Maybe you could make a list of which decisions are the most important to you and be willing to give in on the others. For example, is a specific church that import (can't he just go to yours on your weekends). Maybe you get to pick the school and she picks the doctors, etc.

You could also bet that if she entertains that list it will come at some counter to give up something she was already willing to give up.

And you never know, maybe her folks or siblings told her in advance to the draw the line there and hope you wouldn't realize it.

If you can't reconcile this part quickly, follow the advice above and get a lawyer to make sure nothing else slips by.

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WaterTiger said:
She probably told her attorney that you were a selfish ba$tard & just wanted to skate on the CS payments. Now you look like a guy who wants MORE responsibility in his son's life than was originally though.

In other words...You look good...she looks like a liar.
Yes! ...she tries her best to make me look like a dirtbag, deadbeat father, every chance she gets.

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
....you know what sucks, what really sucks?

When my son is with me, he tells me he loves me like a zillion times. I mean, I never get tired of hearing it, it keeps me going.
..BUT, when he's with his Mom, or his other family, he doesn't even utter those words to me. I'll say "I love you son...." and all he'll reply is "ok." :(

I know he loves me. Sometimes I wonder what she's feeding his head with. I never say a bad thing about his mom because he has to believe that his Mom is awesome. I just don't think I'm receiving the same respect in turn.

After the court hearing, my worst fear is that she'll keep him from me now, at least until the next hearing in Nov.
I dunno what to say or if I should say anything when he does come over. I want to say "Son, your Daddy is a good guy. He wants what's best for you. He's not a bad guy." :(

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If he is small, he can't buck his mother and piss her off by saying I love you. He isn't a full grown man who can go against a woman-many full grown men cant. Get a lawyer, so no other stuff gets tried. You only get one bite at the apple.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are you doing going to court without a lawyer? you are just asking for it to be fvcked.

If your ex got a lawyer then make sure you get one and a good one. When it comes to the law, you got to get yourself the best lawyer you can afford in order to have an edge in the end. That's why people get lawyers, so they can not only get the best out of the deal but also to fvck the other party over if they are ignorant about the specifics of the law.

Going to a court without a lawyer is like going to a gun fight and bringing a knife.

TheLadiesMan said:
I dunno what to say or if I should say anything when he does come over. I want to say "Son, your Daddy is a good guy. He wants what's best for you. He's not a bad guy." :(
Don't say that, that would just confuse your kid and make the situation more akeward for him. Also don't bad mouth his mother or her family either.

Just make sure that kid has a good time every time he comes over and show him your love, and hopefully one day he will see through her lies.