Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Going from 14% to 10% body fat

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WC2 said:
No. Even if it helps raise your heart rate a bit, you're burning muscle along with fat. On top of that, it's probably just not good for you.
plus it'll make the running harder and therefore actually slowing your progress.

Kerpal said:
Max 190 at what lift? I'm guessing bench press since that's the most important one.
say what?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, HT, hit the vault, do some reading, and prepare to "pay your dues" as the man said.

I did what you did for years and never got anywhere. As long as you focus on your max bench, you're going to stall.

HardTimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
Okay, HT, hit the vault, do some reading, and prepare to "pay your dues" as the man said.

I did what you did for years and never got anywhere. As long as you focus on your max bench, you're going to stall.
What the? I do WAY more than bench press. I work out pretty much every part of my body.

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares about bench pressing. How much do you squat (without wearing a heavy coat I mean)?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
145 is a tiny guy.

I was 140 once upon a time.

It's puny.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
145 is a tiny guy.

I was 140 once upon a time.

It's puny.
I bet Bruce Lee could still kick your ass though ;) , well, assuming he wasn't dead.

pokerstud

Don Juan
Reaction score
i would suggest some hiit sprinting to go along with the exercise regime

i had used a similar diet to cut my way to 10% bf.
when you get sushi, try sashimi if you can stomach the taste. it is much healthier.. if you get sushi, get nigiri. do not get the rolls, that's like eating mcdonalds.

take carbs after workouts. limit sugar and go for high fiber carbs like wheat bread.

HardTimes

Don Juan
Reaction score
pokerstud said:
i would suggest some hiit sprinting to go along with the exercise regime

i had used a similar diet to cut my way to 10% bf.
when you get sushi, try sashimi if you can stomach the taste. it is much healthier.. if you get sushi, get nigiri. do not get the rolls, that's like eating mcdonalds.

take carbs after workouts. limit sugar and go for high fiber carbs like wheat bread.
When I eat sushi I only get nigiri or sashimi, I actually prefer it over rolls (I hate rolls). For now I'm going to stick to only sashimi. Eating sashimi often is very expensive though.

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain Harlock said:
How are sushi rolls the same as mcdonalds?
It's not the same, but the macronutrients aren't all that much different. You'd be better off eating a cheeseburger from McDs than a bunch of sushi rolls - all those carbs surely won't get you down to 10% bodyfat.

S.Y.L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HardTimes said:
Actually I have been working out for a long time, just never got super ripped like I want to get now. I'm 5'8 and at 145 I have a decent amount of muscle mass. I can max 190. Not incredible but pretty good for my body weight. Why do you think the 14% is "way off"?
5ft8 and 145 at 14% bf is ****ing puny.

I would go on a bulk and lift as heavy as possible to gain mass. When You reach about 170, then worry about cutting.

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WC2 said:
It's not the same, but the macronutrients aren't all that much different. You'd be better off eating a cheeseburger from McDs than a bunch of sushi rolls - all those carbs surely won't get you down to 10% bodyfat.
yeah, because stuffing yourself with trans fats and other chemical junk is obviously much better than some rice (which is about the only source of carbs in sushi rolls).

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain Harlock said:
yeah, because stuffing yourself with trans fats and other chemical junk is obviously much better than some rice (which is about the only source of carbs in sushi rolls).
He's not talking about whether its healthy or not. It's not at all! Just about the major nutrients.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ate MaccyD's cheese burgers without the bread bun, they'll be good for losing fat. It's just fat and protein.

Whether MaccyD's burgers are "healthy" or not is a different question.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain Harlock said:
Notice the similar calories for both, and the fact that the McDs burger has protein where the sushi does not.

Assuming a completely healthy diet, the burger would be a better choice over the sushi.

If the dude's diet it sh*t, then the burger makes it worse because its loaded with all sorts of flavorings and preservatives... etc.

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the sushi. The roll I picked doesn't have any fish I believe, unlike for example the salmon sushi which has more protein than the cheeseburger.