Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Godzilla vs Kong review

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was somewhat interesting at first, then it started going full bs mode. Depicted men and boys as idiots and women and girls as fully competent and capable. I immediately lost interest and fell asleep on the sofa. Was tired from my workout anyway.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought it was enjoyable enough. I don't have high expectations for these kinds of movies, however. They're just special effects spectaculars. I didn't really care about the "plot", I barely paid attention to it. If you liked the previous Godzilla and Kong movies, you'd probably like this one. Thought it could have been shorter.

I wonder how these kind of movies are going to survive, with the movie theater industry in question.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched the movie at home on Saturday and paid $ 24 to rent it. It was played on my projector after a 20 min preview on the desktop.

WOW. The Hollow Earth was AMAZING! The CGI they did for that scene was nice. The metal Godzilla was great too. The fact is I'm remembering these scenes a couple of days after the fact! This was like Jurassic park. The movie itself had my attention from beginning to end.

My mother didn't like this movie at all. She felt that there was a "strange spirit" coming out of the living room and she wanted that movie stopped. Its not the right movie to view on an Easter weekend and on a weekend you are supposed to focus on the theme or purpose, it's too distracting.

But the Hollow Earth is a wonder. The floating stones with the blue marbles in the stones. Watching King Kong float off a cliff and then go into the ceiling and invert with an upside down mountain range.
I've been always fascinated with the Hollow Earth theory and this movie brought it to life.

I woke up the next morning in a lazy stupor. Still love that robotic Godzilla fight (and all the fights leading to that) and Hollow Earth sequence, those two things were just wow.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought it was enjoyable enough. I don't have high expectations for these kinds of movies, however. They're just special effects spectaculars. I didn't really care about the "plot", I barely paid attention to it. If you liked the previous Godzilla and Kong movies, you'd probably like this one. Thought it could have been shorter.

I wonder how these kind of movies are going to survive, with the movie theater industry in question.
Judging by your experience and the OP, I 100% feel this needs to have been seen in a home projector to be enjoyed or its a rip-off. (If the cinema was open, I'd watch on IMAX 3D - not the regular screen). You can't form memories or get into it if you see it on a smaller screen. Some things need to be experience viscerally and you need size for that.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Judging by your experience and the OP, I 100% feel this needs to have been seen in a home projector to be enjoyed or its a rip-off. (If the cinema was open, I'd watch on IMAX 3D - not the regular screen). You can't form memories or get into it if you see it on a smaller screen. Some things need to be experience viscerally and you need size for that.
I'm sure it would be cooler on the projector. But home TVs are enormous compared to the ones they had when I was growing up, so it's all a treat to me. This kind of movie is good for surround sound systems too, if you're looking for a more cinema-like experience. Lots of rumble.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it served its purpose as a fun, relaxing and entertaining mindless sci-fi action flick.

The fat black dude was annoying af. IMO.